oscam r11517 or 11516 openpli 4

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,364 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Which exactly Vu+ Solo model do you own ?

The Solo 4K contains ARM chipset and other Solo models contains mipsel chipset.

Accordingly, you need to download the appropriate softcam (oscam).

• If you already have the standard Oscam installed (beware of modified versions that change the name of the binary file and path to the config directory), just overwrite the old file with the new one. However, first, you have to stop the Oscam dameon, ideally via the Shell, by command: killall -9 oscam (if you use another oscam name, try checking it out, for example: top | grep oscam). The location is in the "/usr/bin" folder. If you rewrite a old binary file (with a new file), the attributes remain unchanged. However, if you delete a binary from "/usr/bin" as first and then upload a new file, you must set the file attributes again (chmod 755 /usr/bin/oscam).

Or download the file archive from here: Does the location of Oscam's config files depend on the image/hardware being used?

Read the "introduction" txt file inside of the archive. There is How-To (more ways to install softcam manually).

• I have installed the latest open pli on a vu solo and downloaded the latest oscam-emu from within the plugins and installed. Then downloaded latest oscam from the above post. Killed the current oscam-emu instance and then overwritten the current oscam-emu

However when rebooting the decoder oscam is not running

• I have installed the latest open pli on a vu solo and downloaded the latest oscam-emu from within the plugins and installed. Then downloaded latest oscam from the above post. Killed the current oscam-emu instance and then overwritten the current oscam-emu

However when rebooting the decoder oscam is not running

I don't know OpenPLi well, but I know that it directly contains resources (feed) with various softcam installers.

BTW, when I asked them about their discussion forum, why they use 10-30 versions of old softcams (Oscam) in OpenPLi, somebody from the OpenPLi forum replied that this is for security reasons. And only when the newer versions of Oscam are tested will the functionality be verified, so after a few more new releases, they will post another update for a particular softcam (Oscam) on the OpenPLi feed server.

You could easily use the installer from the OpenPLi feed and then just overwrite the binary file with a newer one binary, of course, after killing down the running oscam. Of course, if you install another IPK package, it may not work. It depends on a lot of things - especially how to run the softcam in the appropriate Enigma and whether it is triggered at all by Enigma. This creates chaos that will not solve anything :-).

I also had a problem with IPK for many years before I learned something about Enigma. Since then, I have always used a manual way to install softcam.

After killing and overwriting the binary file, you should verify that it will start (for example: "/ usr / bin / oscam --help"). Remember to verify the binary file's execution execution attributes or set them again: "chmod + x /usr/bin/oscam".

Unfortunately, some softcam IPK installers are designed for Enigma only for Softcam Panel (they create "/etc/*.emu" or something similar, maybe elsewhere and else), so they need softcams still activate in GUI - MENU (in Softcam Panel or in Info Panel or there somewhere). After activation, it is necessary to restart Enigma or the entire box in certain cases. As I write ... IPK packages represent some chaos. :-) Try to look in MENU in OpenPLi and try to find Softcam Panel or Info Panel. Sorry, I don't know OpenPLi very well, and I'm not using the Softcam Panel plugin (which is built into many Enigma distributions).

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!