E-Channelizer - what is stream buffering

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,236 times. The last Post () by esmeralda1.

• Hello,

According to:

18.2.0.812 Support stream buffering to eliminate playback interruptions.

The software supports some kind of caching.

How does it work? And is there a way to configure the amount of delay that it supports?

Any file that could be used via ssh for configuration?

Regards.

• Official Post

If you read the help menu in the Application you get an extended explaining of what it means.

But yes shortly you can add a small streambuffer size if you have a low bandwith net connection

So to remove freezing buffer can be a good choice. Also if you use WIFI with many users there can be

some delays where stream buffering could save you from freezing.

Just right click your strem channel and choose buffer type, size and location.

If you choose memory location a small size will be assigned and give fast channel change.

If you choose "File" you get a larger but more stable buffer but slower channel change.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Thanks for the reply!

I read the explanation but I was looking for a bit more.

Does it use some Enigma2 internal function, or some extra plugin?

And can one edit the amount of cache it uses?

Thanks!

• Official Post

I think its the bouquets created by E-Channelizer that holds all info about stream buffers.

There is no edit in the application just the choice about how. Memory if you have lots of ram

or file if you have an older STB with little ram. Buffer size could maybe be edit if you open

one of the saved boquets but i would not recommend it since SayyID probably has

tweaked the buffering to best working :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!