Dreambox One Ultra HD

There are 42 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,269 times. The last Post () by carminuccio70.

• I’m don’t speak from japhar sim / image ! But is ok!

you team work is great really but you don’t have support from DMM devs.

“Toysoft” Say exactly this one ☝️

The Japhar Team is still working on it, the Team doesn't have support from the Dream Developpers, but is improving the beta image since the development started. I hope that soon we will have a fully functionnal image that will also be portable to DreamTwo (mostly easy port) and the new DreamSeven coming (look like the DM920UHD).

but is ok all this image what I’m have written are have support by DMM devs. Now is off topic..

• I’m don’t speak from japhar sim / image ! But is ok!

you team work is great really but you don’t have support from DMM devs.

“Toysoft” Say exactly this one ☝️

The Japhar Team is still working on it, the Team doesn't have support from the Dream Developpers, but is improving the beta image since the development started. I hope that soon we will have a fully functionnal image that will also be portable to DreamTwo (mostly easy port) and the new DreamSeven coming (look like the DM920UHD).

but is ok all this image what I’m have written are have support by DMM devs. Now is off topic..

Not having support from DMM Developpers doesnt mean that there is no image... you mix the fact that you dont need the DMM support to build an image for their hardware.

Japhar Team released the OpenPLi image for DreamOne.

With what you tell it would then means that there is no image OpenATV or OpenPLi for DM820HD, DM7080HD, DM520HD/DM525HD, DM800HDseV2, DM500HDv2, DM900UHD, DM920UHD because there is no support of DMM... as you can see there is many images for DMM hardware with no need if DMM developpers... and thats the exact same situation for the DreamOne... and DreamTwo as well as DreamSeven images will also be released by Japhar Team.

Emo

• Careful with newnigma current version, it crashes all the time, and the last front processor update cannot be finished/stopped and I had to manually made the fp upgrade using telnet, so not the best choice.

Merlin cannot handle oscam, Dream-Elite softcam manager was also not available for me, but I will check with the BoxPirates Panel, mentioned by .atari, so for me only the onestep @ GP4 is the only choice. OpenPli has no 1080p and 2160p output :(.

• This receiver is promising...and after almost a year that is the exact problem.

There are tons of promises, tons of new features/ new code supposed to change our daily tv routine but at the end of the day I struggle to get most of my basic needs accomplished.
    I hardly find anything where it performs better or at least as good as a traditional enigma2 receiver, e.g. a vu+ uno 4KSE.
    Be it channel zapping/quick zap of traditional sat channels, playing IPTV streams or plugins like epgimport.
    Setting things up is a pain in the neck and will surely be destroyed next time you perform an update (I have learned never to do it unless absolutely necessary) or install an upgrade.

Bugs reported are usually ignored, people reporting them are left alone with their problems or deliberately being discredited. Basically you buy the box in order to give the handful of developers something new to play with.

Wanna use the built-in WiFi with 2.4/ 5GHz AND bluetooth remote simultaneously? Come on, split your WiFi into two because your superduper hi tech receiver is probably the only device at home that is not capable of mananging it unless you wanna have a buggy bluetooth remote.

Wanna use one remote to turn on on your tv and receiver? It really depends on your tv and on top you need to get your head around one hundred options and you might end up with a working setup...until the next update or when you make the slightest, totally unrelated change to some other part of the box.

But hey, you can use android...well, it’s not really like you could use it, more like you have the possibility to fool around with it.

Oh, let’s not forget the VOD features...wow...every shitty Chinese android box will outperform this receiver in terms of features, comfort and performance (not to mention that every modern tv has netflix, Amazon etc officially built-in).

Yeah, I really like that box...

• When I read that an Android box will outperform Enigma2 user experience I ask myself if the poster ever had an Android box with DVB-S2 or DVB-T2 in his hands... and all Enigma2 boxes are enigma2, so VU is as good and as bad as DMM or any other Enigma2 box... sic.

Without adding that the « thousands » features are not destinated to him, but to the world of users using such box, that most probably have not the minimal requirements of the user... so if he doesnt have a clue if the other 999 features, the thousands others users will each one find the ones they need...

LOL

Emo

• I believe you did not get my point about outperforming: I was talking about VOD services for which apps are available like Netflix, Amazon etc. VOD is available for the One but usability is nothing compared to Apple TV/androidTV/set-top box apps.
    I have outlined a number of problems and issues that are unresolved on this box. If there is anything that I am wrong about in terms of issues, update problems etc... please correct me.
    Otherwise you might as well just keep your affronts for yourself. I might not be an enigma2 developer but have been using alike devices (and used the thousands features/plugins that according to you I am not using or do not know about) for many years, so I believed to be qualified to share my experience with that receiver.

If you feel I am not doing justice to the Dreambox One go ahead, develop something that truly sets this box apart from the rest. Until then it remains a very promising box with below to average support.

• I tested Dream Elite image again with the recommended boxpirates plugin, but none of the available oscam was functioning. So I tried again with the cvs + gp4 image (cvs+gp4 image only dreamone) and i have to tell you this is the best for me, everything is working fine, I like their own skin, IPTV is showing the name of the selected channel, other images are showing the last sat channel name, etc.

The only issue with them to change many details at the beginning but if you know what is missing and what you want to change you can manage that.

So currently this is No 1 for me!

• I believe you did not get my point about outperforming: I was talking about VOD services for which apps are available like Netflix, Amazon etc. VOD is available for the One but usability is nothing compared to Apple TV/androidTV/set-top box apps.
    I have outlined a number of problems and issues that are unresolved on this box. If there is anything that I am wrong about in terms of issues, update problems etc... please correct me.
    Otherwise you might as well just keep your affronts for yourself. I might not be an enigma2 developer but have been using alike devices (and used the thousands features/plugins that according to you I am not using or do not know about) for many years, so I believed to be qualified to share my experience with that receiver.

If you feel I am not doing justice to the Dreambox One go ahead, develop something that truly sets this box apart from the rest. Until then it remains a very promising box with below to average support.

Funny you talk about these app... as you surely know these app are also banned from the environment you yourself praise, Android (working with Dreamelite fyi android on DreamOne)... in very specific conditions also on official Android.

All these app have security features to ban any Android box that is Rooted...

So definitely go back to study, this has nothing to do with the DreamOne.

Emo

• Since you appear so stubborn to understand and prefer to point out what is apparently wrong with other devices rather than to start considering the valid points about what is wrong or lacking with this very device are you so fond of, I will happily leave you to believe this is the ultimate “multimedia” (Copyright of the terms somewhere in the 90s...🤪) dream box.

I for once will stick to my lame stb apps to watch Netflix in hdr and 4K whenever I want and with no hassle.

Oh, and by the way: who are you to tell others what to do when it is you who needs to study how to conduct a decent conversation? 🤪🤪🤪

Have a nice Sunday...

• You talk bs about DreamOne, so its normal that someone tells you it. Up to you the to believe in your bs.

Have a nice sunday, in my side enjoying my DreamOne.

Emo

• What bullshit mate? Why are you always so personal, why do you need to offend people?

Again, prove me wrong about any of the issues reported that have not been there or are still unresolved. I simply shared my experience, there is actually very little involved that contains any sort of believing.

• Hey soulmate - probably not your thing, maybe you can't answer these questions but I'll ask anyway, have you ever managed/tried to get Transmission server working with the Dreambox One ?

Does the Dreambox One recognise Ext4 formatted hard drives externally connected via USB3 ?

I was thinking of getting a Dreambox One but all the user reviews have put me off + very little third party image support.

I've a DM900 at the moment but am stuck with DreamElite as the only real proper stable image and that hasn't been updated since last year.

I wanted to run Plex media server on the Dreambox One (with Android on it) but I'm not sure if that's even possible, just using a Nvidia Shield at the moment for plex server but it struggles.

• nehaxak sorry for my late reply. I have a usb3 thumbnail attached to it and it needed to be initialized even though it was in Ext4 but I guess if you have been using it on your dm900 it should be okay.

As far Plex server is concerned I have no experience. I have Plex on my NAS but not on any of my enigma2 devices.

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver.

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!