Octagon SF8008 - Network not start after power failure

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,937 times. The last Post () by outtyrox.

• I have Octagon SF8008 witch came with openatv 6.2. I conected it to the internet with LAN interface because of the 1000 speed.

NO 1 PROBLEM:

Everything works ok but even if the receiver is ON or in standby, after a power failure, or if I remove it from the socket, the network does NOT start! It appears: "use adapter" set to "no". If I try to set to "yes" the receiver does not keep the setting and it reverts back to "off". All I have to do is "restart network" and then everything works ok.

I have reflash the receiver with Octagon SF8008. I did the test again, I got the receiver from the socket when it was on or in standby, the same problem: the network does NOT start!

The same thing happening with wifi interface. Manually using the network for stream and it's bothering me that I have to come home to the "restart network" manually. Strengthen thing, even when the network does not start, the flashing LEDs of the LAN adapter works.

I made a short video to show you how to change LAN adapters:

https://drive.google.com/file/…jRyv40TQfZpYvrG1jNDy/view

I made a short video to show you how to change LAN and WiFi adapters:

https://drive.google.com/file/…-JE2qkS3oedu1te1w4ft/view

As you saw in the videos, the IP of the receiver is set manually: dhcp for wifi and no dhcp for lan. The problem it's the same.

NO 2 PROBLEM:

When I change channels the picture is in slow motion for about 2 seconds.

This happen all the time. I made a short video to show you:

https://drive.google.com/file/…Wba0qo7XYkSExfVykzKn/view

NO 3 PROBLEM:

I do not know really if it is a problem. A question maybe:

- The read speed for FTP with HDD in USB 3.0 is 70 - 90 MB / s

- the write speed for FTP with HDD in USB 3.0 is 28 - 34 MB / s

- The read speed for FTP with HDD in USB 2.0 is 35 - 40 MB / s

- the write speed for FTP with HDD in USB 2.0 is 28 - 34 MB / s

As you see the write speed is the same on both ports. On the USB 3.0 should not be a higher write speed?

Thank you very much ! I'll wait for your answer!

PS: The NO 1 PROBLEM it's the most important !

• I'll make a short brief fot the No. 1 problem: "The network don not start after a power failure":

0. The receiver works ok. It has a new openatv 6.2 image from 2019.05.23.

1. The receiver is in standby mode or it is ON

2. If you have a power failure, the receiver reboots in the state that was before (Stand By or ON)

3. If you want to use the receiver, the network does not start! The adapter is set to OFF

4. If I try to set the adapter to ON and Save, the receiver is set back to OFF

5. The only thing I can do is "restart network". Like in the video you posted

6.After the "restart network" everything is OK!

This problem appear on both network interfaces: LAN and WiFi.

You can see the videos:

LAN.mp4 - Google Drive

LAN and WIFI.mp4 - Google Drive

Clarifications:

I've made the test with the plug in or out of the button while the receiver is ON or in Stand By JUST to simulate a power failure to ASSURE when the problem APPEAR! I DO NOT DO THIS all the time. It was just a test to show you on the forum what happened to my receiver when it lost power.

It is annoying for me to do "restart network" all the time.

I will put an UPS in the future, but it is a bothering that this problem appears only to my Octagon sf8008. I have a friend with VU who does not have this problem after a power failure.

I believe it is not a hardware problem, just a software one.

What do you think?

• I talked with octagon support and octagon engineers and they was very kind to help me.

For No 1 problem - Network Failure:

- the receiver came with an old image from october 2018. I update the image but the network problem appeared when power failure.

- i reflash with image from 23.05.2019 - same problem: network problem appeared when power failure.

- i reflash again with image from 28.05.2019 and now receiver works ok, the network problem does not appear yet. I ve made test and it is ok for now. If it happens again i will tell you.

For No 2 problem - Slow Motion:

We have to wait for Huawei fot SDK update for processor.

For No 3 problem - Write speed USB 3.0:

Octagon said that will look into this and will provide a answer.

Thanks Octagon !

• It **seems** to me that the issue No. 1 was related to somewhat bad kernel settings and drivers. Seems to be solved now. As per #2, ah well, perhaps it is not fortunate, but some very new boxes form are even worse (I know, a practice of relativise sucks big time) . FOr #3 they have to sort some kernel stuff if Trump does not ban them.

• is the issue the network wont stay enabled or connect to the network?

I have an issue with my SF8008 it will not connect to WPA or WPA 2 only WEP even though it sees the network and the information is correct. If i change the router WiFi encryption to WEP it'll connect right up.

• Not sure what's the problem is but tried like 3 different wireless adapters and all have the same issue.

Running OpenATV 6.2.

I just had the modem changed by ISP and now cannot connect because no WEP option on new modem.

• Safer is to have wpa2/psk encryption then WEP, and because of the internet. Did your wireless adapter

has the option of selecting WPA2 encryption. I have on router WPA2/PSK , and mini router in

my room with selecting WPA2 which work in client mode.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!