WD My Cloud Home NAS mount not working

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,444 times. The last Post () by Timknowlden.

• Can anyone else shed any light?

Purchased a WD myCloud home 2TB Nas drive but unable to mount as a network drive on my Zgemma boxes.

In network browser it detects the NAS as a network device but shows no drive when expanding and I cannot mount it by manually entering location.

• I've not used a WD device for a good few years myself.

That said, they typically need you to enter some form of authentication for whichever service you are connecting to, (ie SMB, FTP, NFS etc etc) and then by default the filesystem displayed/offered will be the one related to that user only.

Meanwhile, WD devices typically use the Twonky DLNA server, which if enabled and setup should allow you to playback any stored media using any DLNA client, which on an E2 Box /Zgemma would be the DLNA Client Broswer Plugin without the need to mount the WD NAS by any other means.

Enigma2 Channel List and Settings Support Forum

Enigma2 channel list - settings and satellites.xml. Support and downloads for custom uk and foreign satellite channel lists or satellites.xml files.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!