wanted a 1mtre dish will swap for a a 1.2 metre dish

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 851 times. The last Post () by toothfairy.

• its a solid dish here is a link of the dish from where i bought it
    1.1m Hi-Gain Satellite Dish + 0.1dB TWIN LNB 110cm sat | eBay

there is no awful logo o its its a plain dish grey
    only had the dish a few months selling it due to i live on a gable end and its not suitable with all the bad winds i have where i live.

i also have a 6 foot scaf pole
    and a motor

sell the lot for 50 quid
    or spilt
    i am in the manchester area get in touch if intrested ta

• not bothered in the make i a after mate to be honest i bought this from system sat, it just too heavy for my L bracket that why i want an either smaller one or sell it pal

• rather than going to a smaller dish take a look at the gibertinti 1.25 a fanstastic dish and very light too

• Yep i agree with andy ray gilbertinis are good and fairly light dishes and i fitted them on crappy spanish brickwork in the past with L brackets and were fine.

To be ohnest with you mate T+K bracketry is the best method for dishes of this size particularly if you are motorising it as you can adjust the pole better for use with usals..

Even if it is a fixed dish T+K bracketry is the most popular choice with myself in most installations of dishes above 1 metre..

Is it a fixed or motorised setup mate??

romman

• its a motorised setup, its a cottage you see and the L bracket look less ugly, i thought i could of got away with it, but i cant and i dont want to drill more hole into my 200 year old house, and the setup is at the front of the house, hence why i am happy too sell it or swap it to be honest i was hoping for a 1m dish really or something smaller with a high gain on it. they are a very heavy dish, besides its on a gable end so i guess the bigger the dish the more batering it would get live quite high up and when its windy here its windy

• For a start installing a dish on a gable end is not a good idea regardless of the size of the dish....Due to wind problems and the look of the dalm thing..have you considered installing it in the garden somewhere on a cemented pole??? Not sure whether that is plausible tho just a recommendation buddy.

200 year old old house??? is that a listed building mate as by law you should not be bolting anything to that house but i,m sure you are aware of that!

Anyway what type of dish is it as you might get that sold in the for sale section on here.

Good luck!!

romman

• hi not its not a listed building thank god lol
    its quite well hidden so aint that bad for the wind i am my old 88cm dish up there
    its not a 1.2 metre dish its a 1.1, i bought it from system sat
    i am happy to sell it for 30 quid its like new. any takers ta

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!