Explained how to install Enigma2 Image on the external flash by Plugin Image Manager in Devices Spark

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,527 times. The last Post () by saeed-71.

• dear ahmed

how can i solve this errors

firstly

i have these copies on my flash 8 GB created by NFR4XBOOT NFR 6.5

592be96f08f735.png

after using image manager to create another copies on another flash 16 GB , the flash 8GB was in receiver at this time

these copies doesn't work yet

72e81c0a9873c32a.jpg

i think copies kernels removed or deleted

how can i solve this errors to run these copies

on the other hand , when i want to use image manager and DuckBA i face these errors

c1ddc29b5832fb8.jpg

b83657e2b9.jpg460a6.jpg

• angel_heart

First, it is clear that you did not split the flash drive, yes, it is possible, but this will expose you to many risks in the future, including, for example, when you install an error copy on the flash drive and the flash stops working, this requires a reformatting of the flash drive in this case, you will be seen to do a reset of the entire flash because it is not Divided to do this on the part dedicated to the wrong copy and you will lose all copies on the flash drive

To work on 2 flashes, return to my post at the following link and read it completely well

For your information, I am still working on the version open nfr 5.3 and its plugin

Advice for owners of the Spark box processor 7162 to take advantage of all images of the Spark 7111 & 7162 devices

• What ahmed is saying is you did not PARTITION your USB memory stick, as explained carefully by both him and me.

As in, like this:

PREPARATION

One needs a USB stick, say 32GB, plugged into one's PC.

I partition it in 4 parts under Windows OS, using freeware MiniTool Partition Wizard:

I shall be formatting all 4 partitions in Linux system EXT4. Three of them 2GB each and forth partition gets the rest. That's enough for me... (If you want more than 3 images installed in USB stick, follow Ahmed's tutorial!)

Right click on the USB stick and

-delete all the partitions which might already be on it

-create 4 partitions for 3 images + one which will serve as a HDD, as explained above

-set them all as "active"

-apply all the changes (left upper corner) and wait patiently...

138127-90f0b44da23-jpg

138128-a283a-jpg

When done, properly dismount the USB stick from your PC and plug it into the SH4 STB's back USB port.

Inside your STB

The rest I shall demonstrate on PurE2 image: MENU > pManager > Device Manager > Mount Manager > mount them as follows:

138129-0b993655e7b03e-jpg

When done, after every significant change - and this is one of those! - you MUST REBOOT (do not start from FSTAB, just restart your machine!)!

...and so on and on... and then, later on....

Rename enigma2 folder

As you will see from the screenshot (bottom right side), I opened a compressed file with WinRAR to show you what is inside. It contains a folder named enigma2.

All of such images have that, it's how it must be for installation from a USB stick.

However, in this case we can and we need to change it.

So, after I decompressed an image onto my PC, I have renamed the "enigma2" folder so it bears the name of the Team which produced it (upper right side)...

138137-717297b863699a53ff63f85a7-jpg

Send them on their merry way...

We can now move all 3 images into your STB.
    More precisely, we shall move all 3 of them into the largest /hdd partition no. 4 of your USB stick, using FZC.

The main reason for this is - you can not install an image onto the same partition where you placed that image.

It must be to a different partition than the one where you parked it...

138138-aad39343f3115f32041e688-jpg

Now, we are ready for installation of multiple images, using the Image Manager, which will - amongst other things - serve as a MultiBoot tool, as well.

So, start again but make sure you do not cut any corners, do exactly as described!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• dears, ahmed gazye dear, gorski

thanks for your following

if you are talking about second flash disk 16 GB for image manager .

i had split it as per you have seen at the picture below

e7b9e5a84b2958644b41f1.png

where is the problem at my work ?

about first flash disk for nfr4x plugin i don't understand what happened to this flash exactly i didn't split it because nfr plugin work on flash disk as one partition i had make steps for initialization as you explain here

https://www.star7arab.com/f.asp?t=882875

Free Palestine People

• The first image is installed into the flash! I.e. the receiver itself.

Use only 1 USB stick, partitioned as I described.

Start again and follow my guide to the letter - I left no stone unturned and I did not complicate it with too many images/partitions or various plugins for various functions.

Only 4 partitions for 3 images in the USB stick and 1 HDD partition, where you put the images initially, before you install them.

One more image goes into the flash.

Only one plugin for this!

It works! Guaranteed!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Dear Sir how to mount USB flash drive in pure2 image?

• Read the post no. 25!

• If you need extra help with PurE2 - it's here, in some detail:

Mounting devices/partitions in PurE2's Device Manager and which files to send where!

Generally speaking, no other image has this kind of support - I made sure everything you need is in PurE2 section, read at least the top, Sticky threads: PurE2 Image Team

• Dear bro Ahmed is there a guide how to install images on external flash with plugin NFR4X Multiboot?

I installed opennfr image on internal flash of Amiko Alien 2 and i particioned usb flash to 4 partitions from which is 3 partitions ext4 1GB sized one partition fat32 5GB sized an I put zipped image on partition fat32. Do I put this usb flash on front usb port or rear usb port of the receiver?

• Dear bro Ahmed is there a guide how to install images on external flash with plugin NFR4X Multiboot?

I installed opennfr image on internal flash of Amiko Alien 2 and i particioned usb flash to 4 partitions from which is 3 partitions ext4 1GB sized one partition fat32 5GB sized an I put zipped image on partition fat32. Do I put this usb flash on front usb port or rear usb port of the receiver?

Wait for a topic to be prepared with pictures to fully explain the method so that all friends can benefit

Wait for a topic to be prepared with pictures to fully explain the method so that all friends can benefit

Go to my topic

install Enigma2 Image on the external flash by Plugin Nfr4X Multiboot of opennfr in Spark Devices

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!