Explained how to install Enigma2 Image on the external flash by Plugin Image Manager in Devices Spark

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,526 times. The last Post () by saeed-71.

• :good-evening:

:welcome41:

?thumbnail=1

923095066.gif

115172-15869e6990041abecaf4a0a3b-jpg

115182-d4282baa00a11fdbc66d6e-png

Explained how to install Enigma2 Image on the external flash by Plugin Image Manager in Devices Spark

Firstly You Must be split the USB with the program CreateMini or others (To convert it to an external flash, Containing the 8 or more Partition to install 7 Copy or more in it )

You can split the USB 8GB to 8 Partition by program CreateMini into equal Partition as explained in the topic So that the Partition to install the Image is 1 GB (It is better that the size of the Partition is not less than 500 MB)

You know that from my topic to the following link it also explain the program

CreateMini program To split external flash for MultiBoot

Second you install Enigma2 Image on the external flash using ImageManager 2.5.5 Plugin it that can be downloaded and know that by my topic on the following link

ImageManager Enigma2 MultiBoot Plugin for sh4 ~ spark boxes

Today we will learn about two jobs of the Plugin

First / installation of images and backups in IMG, TAR, TAR.GZ formats on external flash drive partitions;

the second / reboot function to another partition;

We will now know how to install the Enigma2 Image with the img.zip extension, But after decompressing it will result in you after the decompression of the folder named enigma2 rename it as the Image extracted from it is recommended to do so for the interconnection between the Image or else all the Images will be called enigma2 the tar & tar.gz extension It is the same way but without decompressing the Image

Preparations

The following Enigma2 Image was decompressed and renamed as the Image of this first work we do

7806757f54202.jpg

This is what is contained in the folder decompression compression after renaming it as a Image name

5e63428fe1bbeaf91e880.jpg

When you install images, you can set the images to be installed after decompressing it with the last Partition 9 or SWAP Partition

And you can choose what you like but when you install on the new images in Partition 9 you will need another place to upload the Image to be installed on it if it is better to put in SWAP Partition

Through the DCC program, transfer the image to be installed to the place where the two in Partition 9 or SWAP Partition

ddbc49103becb.jpg

Now go to the list of Plugin and select the ImageManager button by pressing OK and then the remote button at the side select instaling First line and Second line Choose where to install the Image You should know that the Device is called the external flash as sda to be installed on it

Partition is named by the name of the Image Because it'sHis position before If the Partition is free called sda 2 or3 or4 etc

f3324.jpg

As we agreed before, we uploaded the Image to be install on SWAP Partition pressing OK

595c0eb216bd28555a7f8cf.jpg

But before you go ahead with the installation process, a very important question comes to you, where is the Partition number 9 even though We have divided the external flash of the program CreateMini to 8Partition, which is the maximum division, and you can divide it to a minimum number according to your desire, but is the maximum division up to 8Partners of which the installation of Swab does not install it and you have 7Partition you can install it and you have done this 8 Flash but see to Shows usb Flash divided into 9 Partition how we divided the flash to 8 Partition from where came the Partition9 as simple answer the program CreateMini Works as a partition during division It is called Partition 4 Works as a partition during division It is called Partition 4 It can not be worked on. It is imaginary but it takes a number of Partition 4 Then, the flash is 9Partition Therefore, the number of the usb is 9Partition instead of 8, but the additional imaginary is not working on it. Available for work 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Partition as shown, and the number one Partition is the SWAP, which is not installed in it either.

This is the first image that has already been loaded on swap partition to install stand on it and press OK from the remote we will move to the next picture

3aea8a571495831c889d90.jpg

We have opened the velder on the version to be installed on it and press OK, we will move on to the next picture

2813ab5f46a6810d.jpg

Here before the implementation the Plugin ask you wants to install the version so and ask you to confirm the word Yes stand on it and click Ok will move to the next picture

956899.jpg

Here thePlugin executes the order stand on it

0c7cfde5.jpg

Here thePlugin know you The operation process has been successfully completed and the name of the version is installed

575a6eff0d70af.jpg

Then Exit & restart your receiver

If you want to confirm the installation, if you go to the "Media Extension", the partition you previously specified, we will find that the version has been installed on the specified portlet as shown

eb4698f88c3367.jpg

To access the Image In two ways

by Plugin ImageManager

or

DuckBA-E2 plugin

Plugin ImageManager

Now go to the list of Plugin and select the ImageManager button by pressing OK and then the remote button at the side select multboot First line and Second line Choose where to access the Image press OK from the remote we will move to Image

70ecb8cd.jpg

we will go to the DuckBA-E2 plugin And click OK from the remote and agree to the message that appears to enter the Image

e379881eec2.jpg

I hope that I have fulfilled the explanation And be a way to understand you

Good luck

310271357.gif

310271357.gif

?thumbnail=1

310271357.gif

310271357.gif

846839748.gif

• ahmed gazye

Set the Label from General Support to Article
  • ahmed gazye

Changed the title of the thread from “Explain how to install Enigma2 Image on the external flash by Plugin Image Manager in Devices Spark” to “Explained how to install Enigma2 Image on the external flash by Plugin Image Manager in Devices Spark”.
  • Dear Friend / gorski

I hope you find what you are looking for on the topic and if you want something else, I am always ready to answer my dear friend

I have a Truman Top box spark7162 It is an old and poor device, but it is great in its performance I'm working On 2 number of external flash (This method was Created to solve this problem) Each flash is installed on it with a plugin or program different from the other to install with all known extensions such as Image extension zip, tar.Gz & all Image for spark Whether it is specific to the processor 7111 or 7162

I am dedicated to the first flash to work with the plung Nvr4X Multiboot of opennfr-5.3

to Install versions for the 7111 processor

See this picture from my device for the first flash All copies installed on it plung to the processor 7111

137184-974c853783-jpg

?thumbnail=1

The second external flash to work with the plung imagemanager & a program j00ztalator

to Install images for the 7162 processor

137185-3edd1efad289626eca87a-jpg

?thumbnail=1

137186-c7e7d6605ba159-jpg

?thumbnail=1

Good luck

310271357.gif

310271357.gif

?thumbnail=1

310271357.gif

310271357.gif

• Firstly, let me thank kindly @ahmed gazye for pointing out to this tool and his tutorial, which, of course, were my starting point! These tools are essential in a struggle to revive the old beauties, like Alien1/2 and so on...

However, while reading it I realised that I was struggling with it, for various reasons. Hence, I decided to make a simple and detailed tutorial, which will leave no stone unturned and be simple to understand and translate using online tools. The strategy deployed, as always, when I deal with these issues, is KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)!:*:mosking:

IMPORTANT: "stupid" here is not meant offensively outwards - but it is rather turned inwards, to oneself, challenging oneself towards patience and simplicity of explanation, making everyone happier in the process, even if it makes me work too hard and therefore miserable at times... :laugh1:

Sooooo, let's keep it simple and to the point...;)

PREPARATION

One needs a USB stick, say 32GB, plugged into one's PC.

I partition it in 4 parts under Winblows OS, using freeware MiniTool Partition Wizard:

I shall be formatting all 4 partitions in Linux system EXT4. Three of them 2GB each and forth partition gets the rest. That's enough for me... (If you want more than 3 images installed in USB stick, follow Ahmed's tutorial!)

Right click on the USB stick and

-delete all the partitions which might already be on it

-create 4 partitions for 3 images + one which will serve as a HDD, as explained above

-set them all as "active"

-apply all the changes (left upper corner) and wait patiently...

90f0b44da23.jpg

a283a.jpg

When done, properly dismount the USB stick from your PC and plug it into the SH4 STB's back USB port.

Inside your STB

The rest I shall demonstrate on PurE2 image: MENU > pManager > Device Manager > Mount Manager > mount them as follows:

0b993655e7b03e.jpg

When done, after every significant change - and this is one of those! - you MUST REBOOT (do not start from FSTAB, just restart your machine!)!

Now, while you wait, download the ipk file here attached (Image Manager for SH4 STBs v. 2.5.5) and send it to the /tmp folder of your Enigma2. Use FileZilla Client freeware (FZC from now on) to do this: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php (this is 64b version).

Connect your PC with your STB using FZC

To connect to your STB you must write in the upper part of FZC the following:

-your STB's address (something like 192.168.x.x - in PurE2 you will find it in MENU > pManager > Network > General Network Information > Local IP address is: ...)

-username (root)

-password (pure2 which is default for PurE2, openspa for OpenSPA etc.)

-port (21)

-press on Quick Connect

d863156256852e081eeb4.jpg

-send the ipk from your PC (left side of the screen) to the (right side of the screen) /tmp folder by "drag & drop" function...

44df6dc54a6d51a.jpg

Install the Image Manager

In PurE2 we do this by pressing MENU > pManager > Software Manager > Install local extensions > Memory /tmp > choose it/highlight it > press the green button to install it etc.

Now, download and decompress images you want to install into your STB onto your PC. I will demonstrate with PurE2, OpenATV and OpenSPA, on this occasion, having installed OpenATV v. 6.3 in the NAND-Flash.

Rename enigma2 folder

As you will see from the screenshot (bottom right side), I opened a compressed file with WinRAR to show you what is inside. It contains a folder named enigma2. All of such images have that, it's how it must be for installation from a USB stick. However, in this case we can and we need to change it. So, after I decompressed an image onto my PC, I have renamed the "enigma2" folder so it bears the name of the Team which produced it (upper right side)...

717297b863699a53ff63f85a7.jpg

Send them on their merry way...

We can now move all 3 images into your STB. More precisely, we shall move all 3 of them into the largest /hdd partition no. 4 of your USB stick, using FZC. The main reason for this is - you can not install an image onto the same partition where you placed that image. It must be to a different partition than the one where you parked it...

aad39343f3115f32041e688.jpg

Now, we are ready for installation of multiple images, using the Image Manager, which will - amongst other things - serve as a MultiBoot tool, as well.

Using Image Manager

Please, note that we shall install that tool in all of the images, because this way we shall be able to reboot to any of them, without using any other tool, keeping it all simple, neat and sexy...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

MENU > Plugins > start Image Manager...

68192b.jpg

Installing an image onto USB stick partition using Image Manager

Once it starts, one moves the cursor to the right, using the > button on your Remote Control Unit (RCU) to get to "Installing" mode. Then, we go lower by pressing the v button on your RCU, in order to choose a partition to which we want to install the image of our choice... Of course, once you are done choosing, press OK on your RCU to execute, as the plugin itself suggests (see below)...

7ea0668b1085bc8.jpg

Now we need to find the image we want to install to the chosen partition by going to the /hdd partition (partition 4 in this case).

c92f34aee.jpg

Then, we choose the image we want to install from the 4th (/hdd) partition, by entering the folder we placed there...

af4f0f443ed25977501.jpg

Then, choose the image file itself to start the installation...

8b4bbcba93f3158e0aabb229.jpg

Confirm by pressing OK...

c6f98431c2d964fc07a0b.jpg

Installation starts...

When finished it will look like this (proof for all 3 images installed):

7713082eca64dcbfabd8b473.jpg

af05d006d7a5685e9d76ea4b.jpg

2906bd88653949492569d0c.jpg

Using Image Manager to reboot into an image of your choice

Having installed Image Manager plugin/tool in all of those images, as I said, one can use Image Manager to boot between images installed, either on your machine (NAND-Flash) or on your USB stick (as you named those folders, which will also appear as /dev/sda1, sda2, sda3, in my case).

dd0f40b5df4cc4adea0037.jpg

Press OK to reboot to the image of your choice...

Done! :thank_you2:

• Dear Friend / gorski

First, we thank you for this addition to my humble topic, which is the addition of professionals. You are One of the members PurE2 Team and you are professional but I'm still a beginner trying to learn.

The addition came in a professional form, unlike my humble explanation and my weak English language.

But not all recipients or followers of the topic are professionals and they have full knowledge of the professional language.

Some expressions may not be clear to them.

Many have followed it objective and have succeeded in working with its modest content

In general, we thank you for this addition, as the topic has become more beautiful and clear to all those who follow him,

?thumbnail=1

Good luck

dcddc6d.png

• My pleasure, m8!!!

Do you (or anyone) have a way of contacting Vasiliks, the plugin's author, please?

I have a proposition for him...

Cheers!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thanx, m8! :)

I sent him a PM, we'll see... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Use online translators, like G Translator in Firefox, m8...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-…e-translator-for-firefox/

On the forum itself, one can change the language like this...

017a851233fc2.jpg

9044d0430c70.jpg

Good luck!

• My friend / frank087234

A team blackhole that does not support Spark devices and the available versions are improved versions from individuals for processor 7111, but can be used for processor 7162 by installing on external flash by plugin Nfr4X Multiboot of opennfr-5.3 Because The team open nfr has stopped supporting Spark devices since 30/5/2016
    What is the processor of your device?

If your processor is 7162, you can refer to my topic in the forum at the following link

Advice for owners of the Spark box processor 7162 to take advantage of all images of the Spark 7111 & 7162 devices

?thumbnail=1

Good luck

?thumbnail=1

• angel_heart

If your device is a Spark processor 7111, you can use this method to install this copy with the extension tar.gz, provided that you do not unzip the copy installed as it is

If your device carries a processor 7162 then this method is not used, but uses plung Nfr4X Multiboot of opennfr-5.3.

Advice, stay away from the BackUp whatever matter what, read my topic for the BackUp

The best image you send to your device is raw image

• my device is truman top box 2 tuner 7162 like your divice but i like this copy and i don't know how can i make like it with raw image

it is amazing copy , i need to be away but how can i do like this copy

Free Palestine People

• my device is truman top box 2 tuner 7162 like your divice but i like this copy and i don't know how can i make like it with raw image

it is amazing copy , i need to be away but how can i do like this copy

• Dear Brothers Ahmed and Gorski

Greetings!

I have installed multi images on my Spark 7162 receiver on external flash drive via the image manager, all images installed successfully, i have followed the installation method properly but facing the problem in booting, i mean boot between images installed.

Kindly check my screenshots and help me, i will be very pleased and enormous thankful to both of you.

I'm new user. . .

8aad2ca3c6.jpg09a82cbdf2222ae.jpg6f7c5ad965778f0c414b.jpg

Images installed successfully as shown in the DCC path Media.

ca1de3bb928f17.jpg

2ec70d15f93617b6f37de.jpg

But when i try to boot from NAND flash to external flash drive images installed in USB i failed to boot

d21eeeb10a75.jpg

And displayed this error

7a4f599e89512182.jpg

What could be problem ? kindly assist me.

• Follow my guide to the letter and all will work - guaranteed!!!

You need to have the plugin installed in all the images! In every image you must first install the plugin, then all else.

You must install it, in order to use it to boot between the images.

Don't go for 7-8 images - only 3 + 1 partition as HDD. Do it exactly as described!!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!