cross epg with alias list for VM cable

There are 72 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,680 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Some of my channels not populating, Ive actually edited the Alias file and uploaded it to my own github and pointed update.py to my github to check if that helped and still doesnt seem to be populating certain channels, anyone got any ideas?

• Official Post

Some of my channels not populating, Ive actually edited the Alias file and uploaded it to my own github and pointed update.py to my github to check if that helped and still doesnt seem to be populating certain channels, anyone got any ideas?

What channels ? Some are not on sat, like Love Nature.....

pauldb and i normally keep on top of the alias file, it is updated a few times a week.

If there is any issues with the alias then please create a pull request on github, we all benefit then

Make sure you have updated your ABM provider files and run that again, if your still missing data try a full scan of 28.2

delete your current epg data, there is an option to do so under the "script " options of crossepg

Then download again

• GOLD was one of them, ComedyCentral was another, channels that seem to grab the 28.2E EPG fine but doesnt seem to transfer over to Virmin. Will try what you said above and report back, Thank you

• ok gold and comedy and sometime alibi for some reason one day has epg the next doesnt, been trying to find out why, one option is there is more than one gold and sometimes the sat channel doesnt have epg, there fore it sends zero epg across

the other option is change the time it gets your epg,

i have also been looking at using the sd data instead

the only other option is we can use the service ref instead

• ok changed a few things, hopefully will now get the channels you want,

first delete old epg

then run crossepg

also tell us if the update script comes last if you have ticked both in the alias script section as it should come after cross has downloaded data from sky,for some reason it sometimes comes last on mine, therfore the script isnt updated and you will have to run the script manually, you should only need to do this once

• Official Post

ok gold and comedy and sometime alibi for some reason one day has epg the next doesnt, been trying to find out why, one option is there is more than one gold and sometimes the sat channel doesnt have epg, there fore it sends zero epg across

the other option is change the time it gets your epg,

i have also been looking at using the sd data instead

the only other option is we can use the service ref instead

But why do never see this issue ? Gold, and all comedy channels have been fine for me

Check the crossepg log @ media/hdd/crossepg

there must be a reason this is happening.

• Is this still working with ATV 6.4 ?

Seems to be failing in line 14 of the alias.py when trying to import crossepg

Its very possible that ATV have broken the alias.py because crossepg is no longer recognised by the os

Will have to try to find time to look, but for me at least using the very latest ATV 6.4 after a clean reflash, this is now broken.

• Official Post

Just installed a fresh 6.4 image to my sf8008, i setup tuners and installed a channel list only, i left the install script install and configure crossepg from the ATV feeds

Code
    cd /tmp && wget -q --no-check-certificate https://github.com/jenseneverest/regionals/raw/master/choice.sh && chmod 755 choice.sh && ./choice.sh

setup crossepg and it downloaded without issue

How you got anything in the log ?? HDD/Crossepg/crossepg.log

• Yes this

ImportError: No module named crossepg

I will have to look into it and try to establish what's going on if its working for you. Might not be worth it anyway though if we are to lose Vermin in a week or two.

I had to install xz into the image to even get CrossEPG to parse Rytec files, not good from a clean image install, I think image builds do differ though from box to box. Curl was missing too as was lxml and mechanize is now a bare bones version on their feeds, just enough to get Mediaportal to work I think, so I also had to source a full version of that too. Then I find that they've actually added code to the httplib.py to trigger a bloody crash if a plugin calls a url using control characters. A typical example is the EPG Translator plugin when it tries to translate Eastern European languages. So I promptly removed that code too.

I'm not happy with ATV 6.4 at all.

EDIT: Just ran it from telnet. Same error.

root@vusolo4k:/usr/crossepg/scripts/virgin# python alias.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "alias.py", line 14, in <module>

import crossepg

ImportError: No module named crossepg

This error completely baffles me because CrossEPG is installed and now working on everything else after installing xz

• Just for info I've now fixed this, and the alias.py is now working again. ( For about a week till we lose Vermin )

Cant believe just how much I've had to fix in the latest ATV 6.4 image. Wish I'd stayed on 6.3 now lol

EDIT: Looks like ATV have dropped 6.4 now and have started on 6.5 because of all the issues. But I do think I've fixed most if not all of them now though.

• Official Post

Just for info I've now fixed this, and the alias.py is now working again. ( For about a week till we lose Vermin )

Cant believe just how much I've had to fix in the latest ATV 6.4 image. Wish I'd stayed on 6.3 now lol

EDIT: Looks like ATV have dropped 6.4 now and have started on 6.5 because of all the issues. But I do think I've fixed most if not all of them now though.

Yeah not many have nice things to say about ATV 6.4.... glad it is sorted mate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!