cross epg with alias list for VM cable

There are 72 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,682 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• pauldb & jenseneverest updated 3/12/19

SETUP & PREREQUISITES:

Crossepg plugin installed and working

A satellite feed on 28.2e ( freesat - sky ) is required for openTV data

Putty or a similar telnet / SSH tool will be required - DO NOT USE OPENWEBIF TERMINAL

Putty can be downloaded here:

https://www.chiark.greenend.or…gtatham/putty/latest.html

Please use google if your unsure how to telnet to your box, or ask on the forum

HOW TO INSTALL:

A simple one line command will now open an install script

It will give you a choice of your ITV region when installing the mod

Copy and paste the command below and hit enter with putty

Code
    cd /tmp && wget -q --no-check-certificate https://github.com/jenseneverest/regionals/raw/master/choice.sh && chmod 755 choice.sh && ./choice.sh

7bd53bfd93b678ba0893a8d2.png

9a770.png

69b40a8712762ee4.png

5ac80ca216aac06f45e20364.png

USAGE

go to crossepg plugin ( it is assumed you have already setup crossepg before, if not ask for help if required)

make sure opentv provider is set to 28.2

1c27153849cd1b99fa1.jpg

go to scripts providers

and tick the boxes pictured

press green to save

9936f3153d978bf4.jpg

check providers order, move about until you get as pictured below:

Green to save...

000f9.jpg

Once setup of crossepg is finished, exit all menus, go back into crossepg and "download now"

You should have full sat and cable EPG when it has finished downloading

Scotland and N Ireland dont need ITV regions, you have your own versions and so will get a std Alias file that still updates online like everyone else, you should choose option 19 when installing.

The ITV regions are based on what i could find online, if your epg data is wrong then please say for what channel / region i have made a cock up on, and please provide the correct details for your area by posting them to this thread

e27976e4110782b.png

For peeps interested in what the script is doing:

1. Downloads and installs required files to crossepg plugin if it exists (if not attempts to install from feed)

2. Deletes your excisting epg.dat and crossepg folder/logs from your storage device

3. Changes the crossepg version to 5.x.x - SEE NOTE BELOW**
    4. Adds scripts to usr/crossepg/providers - hopefully they are self explanatory

5. Restarts your box

** It was decided to change to version number to 5.x.x - The main reason for this it to stop crossepg being overwritten by an image update (well in theory anyways....) and messing up our mod.

As always post any issues or questions

• Official Post

This was a great find pauldb nice one, just shows you these old plugins still have a lot to offer. Infact im pretty sure abu baniaz suggested i look at this option a few years ago before i got involved with webgrab and all that.....:head banger:

The example scripts are also very interesting, perhaps KiddaC could have a look when he is not so busy with his own projects

Updated .conf attached

Added a couple of channels we missed

moved BBC regions to the main part of the .conf file as VM have now named them correctly

The ITV regions will still have to be selected by the end user (for now)

File in first post

• East Mids doesn't have its own HD ITV, we use West for ITV HD.

I just copied the Sky bskyb channels to the conf file with corresponding VM.

• Excellent work guys.

Had a bit of trouble getting it to work with ATV 6.3 and my providers start order remains blank. Nothing I can do will get it to populate, but all working now.

It even sorts out the Smithsonian EPG that's been driving me nuts now for months, showing partly some Asian channels EPG and partly the correct EPG, it did this randomly.

This is a great addition to get Cable EPG without the need for yet another plugin.

• yeh we had a bit of trouble at first, its trying find any more info as most is from 2011,so any help is greatly appreciated but what we do know is it keeps the old epg somehow,even if you delete the config file,also a change to att to 755 and reboot when you ftp a new file helps,

• What have you changed in the Py file and why? Migh as well as add it to the plugin properly.

the py file was from jenseneverest, like i said not much info out there,tbh i think the py file is the same,

i was also looking at having its own folder, i found how to but its the renaming of the alias files, as the .py file would need changing, or do we?

• The EPG dat file is a protected file and cannot be deleted. I don't know where its retained, probably in memory, bit even if you delete it, it returns after a reboot. That's why its keeping the old EPG data as you say.

However

It can be deleted from within the image itself if you navigate to ( in ATV ) Menu/setup/EPG/LoadSaveDelete and delete it from there. This might be different in other images. But deleting it from there will get rid of any old EPG data that you have.

• Official Post

Im pretty sure the py file on the OE version of crossepg is exactly the same.

That version is meant to enable the plus one channels with the chanel.name-provider,60= trick.........

Problem is there is so many versions of crossepg out there thought it best to pass on what we know works, thinking about it, unless the .pyo file was also deleted it probably not really getting changed anyways.....

With regards the plugin itself, it dose behave a little wierd.... i have removed all versions of ITV from the .conf file yesterday, added a few more other channels and deleted epg.dat and rebooted (even unplugged it to try)........ yet it still populates ITV when i download it again....

Yet a simple addition to the .conf file it accepts happily just by FTP and overwrite, and re-download.

Im not complaining though, it is easy to maintain for the end user and work pretty well so far

• That's exactly the issue I had with ATV

I found the only way to get it to work was to first delete all files from the /aliases folder, including the pyo and then add the new files to the /scripts/alias folder. Without deleting the files from the /aliases folder first the py wouldn't run from Crossepg, although it ran perfectly from telnet.

On a side note, there's still no EPG from History sd. It recently changed frequencies and the old none working channel has the EPG, but I guess thats the fault of the Opentv Provider and there's not a lot we can do about this short of changing the sref in our user bouquets.

• strange im on openatv 6.2, there was only one file in /aliases folder and that was a conf file

as for history, there is no epg replacment in the config file so you wont get epg for HISTORY

but the way it works we can use the history hd epg and edit the alias.conf

ie

History HD-bskyb=HISTORY HD,HISTORY

• Official Post

okay will update the attachments in post 1 from now on so we all on the same file, saves peeps reading through all the post to find the latest

added history sd, SVT +1 and god channel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!