OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

There are 380 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 121,391 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Then don't forget to always turn off the previous ones + activate only one + restart :). Restart is not always necessary, but for sure :).

• Official Post

So long as people are stuck with " where is my softcam panel", they will have issues. Forget it, move on to the new control methods and cams that operate using it.

The new control methods work fine. Just a bit cumbersome until you get used to it. Obviously does not work if you use a cam designed for the old method. Once people stop using the old cams, they will drop the old method.

If softcam panel is that important to you, don't use latest ATV images or install anything that updates Enigma2.

• For example, I don't personally use any old or new methods :-D. I use either Softcam Panel plugin, which works on almost all enigmas including OpenATV or I use system startup Softcam directly from Linux - independently Enigma.

I've written several times that starting Softcams is different in many Enigma distributions. Somewhere the ".emu" files or the Softcam Panel plugin do not work at all. Sometimes it is necessary to load the softcam binaries into a special predetermined folder so that Enigma will automatically find and use them. I don't care about these things. I don't need to start through the MENU or through the "icons". I get it as an administrator and when it works, I leave it that way and I don't need an interactive approach directly from the Enigma GUI MENU. This is linux and not stock firmware. You'll do everything you need with Linux if you know how to do it.

So long as people are stuck with " where is my softcam panel", they will have issues. Forget it, move on to the new control methods and cams that operate using it.

Of course ... because the IPK installer does not create a "/etc/cccam.emu" file. Therefore, Softcam Panel is not visible. See OpenATV source code. Only when some "/etc/*.emu" files appear, then OpenATV shows the Softcam Panel in the Info Panel in the GUI MENU while booting Enigma. Simple. Look into the OpenATV code and you will understand.

• Official Post

This thread is about openatv, so discussing other "distros" is not helpful for majority of users. Most users want is to be able to install cam, start/restart cam. The cams on the current softcam feeds do not have the the .emu files you mentioned.

Constantly referring to the softcam panel is just going to complicate things for majority of users. Best for those who want to help other users, to mention the new method.

Power users like yourself know what to do and won't be asking help.

The new code for cams in OpenATV is here among other places:

https://github.com/openatv/eni…680f29adad1bbe8c99ffdc97f

https://github.com/openatv/eni…af071638c02c645c263ad7777

https://github.com/openatv/eni…ac3077e1e2a711137222eff01

I am more interested in helping people solve their problems than code discussions. unless it is for adding/improving image/plugins.

• Official Post

for automatic creation softcam feed give the following orders with telnet

i tried it on os nino pro and os mio4k and is ok

mips32el

Code
    touch /etc/opkg/secret-feed.conf
    echo 'src/gz secret-feed http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/4.3/mips32el' >> /etc/opkg/secret-feed.conf
    exit

aarch64

Code
    touch /etc/opkg/secret-feed.conf
    echo 'src/gz secret-feed http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/4.3/aarch64' >> /etc/opkg/secret-feed.conf
    exit

for the rest, change the ending

armv7a

cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4

cortexa9hf-neon

sh4

• Where exactly did I mention another Enigma distribution than OpenATV ?

:shocked3:

I just pointed out that not every Enigma is the same. IPK installation packages are never made for one particular Enigma, but universal for multiple Enigmas.

A large number of IPK installation packages are often blatantly copied from other feed servers that other Enigma teams (such as OpenPLi) take care of. I checked it. I have often discovered exactly the same binary that is used on an official feed in another Enigma. Even the IPK installer is often the same (pre-installation scripts, packaged in IPK), and maybe it's just a little modified (one line of code is added for example)! This means that most IPK installation softcam packages on feed servers are not designed and validated primarily for OpenATV image only.

• Hello Good Morning,

I just downloaded and installed the OpenAtv Softcam Feed 6--plus. ipk on OpenAtv 6.2 and downloaded Mgcamd 1.45 having a personal line then InfoPanel>>Softcam-Setup where i can see the mgcamd , I activate it but nothin' happens, at the line Cardserver there is "none"...then went to init d found Cardserver.sh open it but don't know I can change at all, there is also a CardserverNone :

#!/bin/sh

### BEGIN INIT INFO

# Provides: cardserver

# Required-Start:

# Required-Stop:

# Should-Start: networking

# Default-Start: 3 4

# Default-Stop: 0 1 6

# Short-Description: nocardserver

# Description: Dummy card-server null-support.

### END INIT INFO

# Placeholder for no card-server

exit 0

Any help? Thanks

• You only need a card server if you have a card in your receiver and serving it to other devices.

With regards to your mgcamd not working, can you upload your mg_cfg that you transferred to /usr/keys You will need to zip the file before uploading it. If you did not transfer one, that is the reason why it is not working.

Thanks for answering abu baniaz,

I'm using Mgcamd on Amiko Alien +2 ,i only changed this 3 parameters (<<<<<<<<<) in the default mg_cfg and it has always worked:

on screen display type

# 00 No OSD (default)

# 01 neutrino

# 02 enigma

# 03 relook

# + user password for http auth

O: { 02 } username password <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< from 00

network mode, use summ for several clients

# 00 no network (default)

# 01 newcamd netclient

# 02 radegast netclient

# 04 camd3 netclient

# 08 gbox netclient

# 32 cccamd netclient, card list saved as /tmp/cccamd.info

# (ECM only, supported server version up to 2.1.1, later not work)

G: { 32 } <<<<<<<<<<

and

# box type

# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.

# 01 dbox2

# 02 dreambox

# 03 triple-dragon

# 04 relook

# 05 openbox

# 06 dreambox/mips

# 08 stapi/kathrein

# 09 stapi/ipbox

# 11 stapi/openbox

B: { 11 } <<<<<<<<<<<<< changed from (06) .... (00 wouldn't work)

cccamd list is the one I've always used and has always worked , the conf files are placed in /usr/keys with newcamd.list, priority.list ,replace.list ,peer.cfg and softcam.key........

I can see as I wrote the cam in InfoPanel>>> Softcam-Setup Panel but pushing the green button nothin' happens...

• Start the Cam by command line and see what it says.

Sorry Abu Baniaz but i don't know the command, anyway I noticed that 2 files were created in usr/keys cccamd.list.opkg and mg__cfg.opkg in addition to the ccamd.list and mg_cfg files, and if I try creating a mgcamd.emu file to place in /etc?

• IT gives me this:

/usr/bin# line 1 C: parse error 1

line 2 C: parse error 1

line 3 C: parse error 1

network port XXXXX open

The MgCamd downloaded from the vOpenAtv 6 plus feed is the 1.45 b being the only one

I installed then the 1.38 d sh4.ipk and it was placed in /usr/bin/cam folder with the name "mgcamd_1.38 d"

but no emu file figures in /etc

try to give the command

cd /usr/bin/cam

./mgcamd_1.38 d but no such file or directory......

I have taken much of your time sorry Abu Baniaz! I think will reflash and use the softcam feed 3......( I've also tried Oscam Ncam with same results)

I forgot one thing ...in the OpenAtv 6 plus feed figures a Cccam 2.1.4..... i've always known that CCcam doesn't work on Sh4.....

Thanks for all Abu Baniaz

• Official Post

When I downloaded the cam ipk and unpacked it, the binary is just mgcamd, however, this was from a different box. I am not too sure how to best advise as you are jumping between different approaches.

If you have a softcam ipk that works, why would you install a softcam feed? A softcam feed just allows access to a softcam feed from which to install.

If installing one package and replacing the binary, I would rename the old with new one and use old name. That way all other scripts are using what they expect. Rules of tinkering are to always make a backup.

An option for you:

Flash a new image, do not restore anything.

Do not install the softcam feed

Install the softcam ipk you already have.

• The recommended way of installing the OpenATV secret feed is typing this one line on a shell session on the box:

Code
    wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash

The easiest method of getting a shell session to the box is the "Terminal" in OpenWebif, but feel free to use puTTy or whatever you already use.

That one-liner makes sure you get the latest version of the feed for your actual image version and architecture.

No need to download the IPK, copy it to the box and installing it through GUI or shell when using the one-liner but you are still free to use an IPK, if you insist on it.

Use version 4.3r2 or later in that case.

The new feed supports OpenATV 5.3 through 6.3, that is "the last 5 versions of OpenATV".

In OpenATV 5.3 to 6.1 you will only have one place to configure the CAMs, that is in "Menu -> Settings -> Decryption", because it would probably cause more problems to patch it into old versions of E2, while that hook in "Menu -> Settings -> Decryption" is just a plugin.

Starting as of OpenATV 6.2 (Images 2019-06-15 and later), the softcams can be configured in three places:

- "Menu -> Info Panel", just as before with softcam panel

- "Quick Menu" (In most cases on blue key or long blue key), just as before with softcam panel

- "Menu -> Settings -> Decryption and parental protection", as it is the most logical place to search at if you aren't already used to the other places

The softcam panel was entirely removed due to user problems, e.g. one team member losing his line due to double logins (He had two oscams running in parallel, one through the new method, one through the old one), so to avoid problems, having both methods inside the image appeared a bigger problem than making a cut here.

Installing the feed through older IPKs, like versions 2.0 or 3.0, will only get you an empty secret feed, except for one package: The new secret feed :)

The new feed has multiple advantages:

• All CAMs that can be built from source code (All OScams and Ncam) are built from source code using the matching OpenATV build environment, that means they perfectly fit the libraries inside the actual image.

oscams on the feed for OpenATV 6.3 are built inside the OpenATV 6.3 build environment, oscams on the feed for OpenATV 6.2 are built inside the OpenATV 6.2 build environment, oscams on the feed for OpenATV 6.1 are built inside the OpenATV 6.1 build environment and so on.

Most CAMs you can download from forums are simply built in generic cross-compiler environments that do usually not really contain the matching libs ...

• All OScams and Ncam are built every night if their sources get updated.

If you install oscam-trunk, you will always get the latest one with a maximum delay of 24h.

For conservative users that do not want to live on the edge, there is oscam-stable, which will give you oscam svn11518 until there is some really important change in trunk and that change has proved being stable (By not being changed again within the next weeks).

• Starting CAMs through init.d is more robust and stable than forking them as childs of E2 (That's why there isn't a "watchdog" anymore, it's simply not needed)
    • CAMs started through init.d are easier to maintain remotely

You can simply start/stop/restart them from the shell

Code
      root@quad4k ~ # /etc/init.d/softcam stop
      Stopping Softcam service oscam-smod: OK
      root@quad4k ~ # /etc/init.d/softcam start
      Starting Softcam service oscam-smod: OK
      root@quad4k ~ # /etc/init.d/softcam restart
      Stopping Softcam service oscam-smod: OK
      Starting Softcam service oscam-smod: OK
      root@quad4k ~ # /etc/init.d/softcam status
      Softcam service oscam-smod: Running.

e.g. after editing config files.

No need to mess around with "kill", "killall" commands or figuring out if you need to background the cam manually or if it will background automatically if you start it directly via shell.

• CAMs started through init.d are ready when you are ...

As the CAM starts early during boot, it has time enough to initialize card readers or server connections to decrypt instantly as soon as E2 can tune.

Python CAM start added a delay, because starting the CAM didn't happen any earlier than tuning the startup/previous station

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

Softcam Feeds Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Softcam Feeds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!