OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

There are 396 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 125,791 times. The last Post () by urie.

• I'm using openatv 6.3 image on 14.06, but if update so the softcam be unavailable, Can get the softcam back if I use your Code?
    DM800 se v.2
    openAtv 6.3
    Oscam 11523

• The only thing that has disappeared in OpenATV 6.2 and 6.3 is the "SoftCAM-Panel", which was just a control plugin for SoftCAMs.

It was not needed anymore, as the new feed - and yes, you get that if you follow my instructions about getting the new feed - contains only SoftCAMs with a different startup method.

And the control screen for the new cams was added end of April already ...

https://github.com/openatv/eni…680f29adad1bbe8c99ffdc97f

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• Hello

I have a card on the box, how can a run cardserver?

I Have installed cccam and it working with no problem but cardserver no option:derpthink::derpthink:

This point is somewhat confusing, as I have to admit.

The option to select a cardserver in SoftCAM setup is rather historic and was just never removed (And I don't want to remove it either, as I want the code to be as similar to that in OpenPLi as possible).

The definition of "softcam" and "cardserver" as far as softcam setup is concerned is:

The "softcam" does the actual decryption for E2 and in order to do so uses the DVBAPI to hook to E2.

The "cardserver" handles your physical card inside the readers and delivers them to the "softcam", e.g. using "C-Lines".

Reading that, most people will want to respond:

"Uhm, my softcam does both of these tasks!" and they are right.

All softcams there are (oscam, ncam, cccam, mgcamd, ...) actually do both, they handle physical cards inside physical readers and they decrypt tv for E2 using the DVBAPI.

Historically though there were situations, where softcam A could handle card 1 while softcam B couldn't.

If you then didn't want to use softcam A for everything, you had to use softcam A as a pure "cardserver" for card 1 and install softcam B as plain softcam that gets the card shared from softcam A.

And yes, it was as hard to set up as it is to read and understand:

softcam A had to be configured not to hook to DVBAPI (Only one softcam is allowed to do that at any given time) and softcam B had to be configured not to touch the reader from which softcam A was supposed to read card 1.

So when would setting up two softcams, one as softcam and one as a cardserver make sense?

Only if you had a "wonder softcam" that could handle cards which other cams can not handle, e.g. paired Sky UK or Sky DE cards, and you want to keep the existing softcam for everything else.

In that case, you would need "wonder softcam" as cardserver.

Now currently there is no "wonder softcam" around - well, not publically - so currently there is no point in offering any "cardserver" packages on the feed.

And even if there was such a "wonder softcam", it would probably simply be an oscam with non-public patches and most users would simply use that as their only softcam.

But if you happen to know any such "wonder softcam", I can create a cardserver ipk for it.

Receiver/TV:

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• Entirely interesting thread. Currently running a backup flash of openatv 6.2 with enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.523-emu-r796-arm+mips_all.ipk.

Backup restored because of the exact same issue with newer openatv. And loss of the Softcam Panel after an update and new flash of a recent image.
    As the message in update suggested installing fresh, and that mine was 'very old'.

I've followed the many different methods of getting control of oscam back posted here.
    My opinion due to trying this-and-that is I ended up with a 'dirty' install of oscam and the methods to get it running.
    I did find the secret feed for update source selections.
    I only ended up with Parental Controls in the new Decryption screen. Nothing at all of oscam.

1) For a fresh install is there a defacto working method to install oscam-emu which doesn't require terminal commands afterwards to start/stop?
    I don't use anything but the Softcam.key file. No sharing. Not needed at this time.
    Does anyone have a step-by-step for a fresh install of oscam on newer 6.2 versions?

2) Is there a way to get the panel back? The yes and no's in this thread are foggy. I tried the take-files/folders-from previous-backups-and stick-them-here.
    Ended up with no joy!
    If yes, how? If no (and it's supposedly been moved to the Decryption screen)....didn't happen for me, how exactly to get it working?

3) Softcam feeds. New to me. I've simply installed an oscam in the past from posts here. Moved my softcam.key file to the correct directory.
    Perhaps have had to change the webif http port in oscam or edited my bookmark to it in the browser. Hit my red button, entered the panel. And started oscam.
    Now things are balky and complicated. What exactly IS a softcam feed? Pardon my stupid question.

Would someone be willing to narrow down all of these pages and give some sure fire steps to get up and running after a fresh install?
    I'm not the best at understanding terminal commands. Beyond the help file and google searches, some are simply undocumented.
    But I try!

• Q: Getting CAMs on OpenATV:

A: OpenATV SoftCam Feed

Q: What is a "softcam feed"?

A: For legal reasons (OpenATV is situated in Germany and everything can be traced back to the real project owner as natural person that could be taken to court ...), the OpenATV image does neither contain (obvious) SoftCAM support nor does it have SoftCAMs for download on the feed.

So unlike other images where you can download softcams right from their regular feeds, you need to add a feed for softcams (operated by 3rd persons entirely unrelated to the OpenATV team :) ) manually when flashing a fresh image and you want to be able to install softcams (and some other stuff not being clearly legal) from feed.

You can of course still install softcams from ipks downloaded from anywhere else on the net as well, without the feed.

The very only thing that has really changed is that those ipks now have to adhere to the way softcams are installed on OpenPLi and many other images (teamBlue, OpenEight, ...), rather than having a non-standard OpenATV specific way of installing cams.

Receiver/TV:

• I would prefer, after installation, just to have this path and nothing else "/etc/tuxbox/config"

How do I go about this?

Thank you

Unfortunately, it ... depends on the IPK package you have installed. The command line binaries Oscam uses the following argument to specify a directory:

/usr/bin/oscam -c <path_to_config-dir>

Unfortunately, this is often not possible if you used the IPK installation package and not the manual Oscam installation method. On the one hand, it is difficult to find out exactly what type of startup this IPK package uses for Oscam, and it also depends on the specific Enigma distribution, because some Enigma distributions are also restricted on this site and require their Oscam configuration in some directories.

Ideally, to start Oscam always without entering the path to the directory (that is, without the "-c" argument) and then Oscam itself is looking for an available directory:

/etc/tuxbox/config/

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam/

/var/tuxbox/config/

/usr/keys/

/var/keys/

/var/etc/oscam/

/var/etc/

/var/oscam/

/config/oscam/

( http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/changeset/10740 )

( https://github.com/OpenVisionE…60476064123/oscam.c#L1652 )

Therefore, if you want to change the config-directory for Oscam, then you must first determine with which method or where exactly Oscam is triggered in your case. This can be found out by unpacking the IPK installation package what you use and studying the installation bash script. So you'll find out what method your Oscam is triggering, and maybe even change the "-c" argument.

P.S .:

Please people, start new topics if you want to ask something new. This thread is intended exclusively for "feed" installers of softcams, specifically for OpenATV Enigma.

• So what this leads me to believe is that the softcam installer (ipk) method to 'get you there' will leave a softcam in the system.
    But starting it and controlling it will be a bit complicated.
    And explains why I wasn't able to get it in the webif. It wasn't running at all.
    So what it looks like is a team should (could) develop an installer to add everything that the openatv team deemed necessary to remove.
    I could be wrong. Not even being aware of a softcam feed, I used the ipk installer method.
    And later in different versions, the binary swap and version edit to properly show in the softcam panel was the procedure.
    If in the future other versions of Enigma2 dev's should deem removal of their own softcam panels necessary for the reasons you pointed out, headaches would be already taken care of.

• Your post is utter nonsense.

Re-read my post, especìally the last passage.

Receiver/TV:

• back to topic:

The crash in OSCamInfo has been fixed.

It has been fixed today, so it might take a day or two until it will be in updates or new images.

Receiver/TV:

• Your post is utter nonsense.

Re-read my post, especìally the last passage.

If you're referring to me. Sir.
    Softcam Panel V2.0 is simply nonexistent in the versions of openatv I downloaded and installed on an os mio 4k the past 2 or so days.
    So I'm currently running a version from a full backup from March of this year..
    If I were to update it, the panel would disappear.

"Nonsense" comments simply do not assist a person realize what they simply may have missed.
    Or what they have occur that you may or may not have happen on your end.
    But thank you for your previous explanation.

• supwiddiss. see my thread. It's in plain english with no technical jargon.

See if it helps your cause.

What am I up to? - My General Waffle Thread

But my interpretation of this entire softcam issue.

OpenATV is german.

It's main user base is German

ISP Providers were blocking the original URL for feeds.

Something had to be done quickly.

While correcting feeds, they have also tidied up all the multiple mutations of softcam.

The old might have worked, but they were a complete mess

All the main images are trying to provide a solution to this mess.

Their will be teething problems.

In the end it will all work, just like it used to. But different ;)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Well....Shit...This should be made a sticky.
    I'll jump on it once my tourettes and utter nonsense subsides. Lol!
    Thanks!

• The only thing that has disappeared in OpenATV 6.2 and 6.3 is the "SoftCAM-Panel", which was just a control plugin for SoftCAMs.

It was not needed anymore, as the new feed - and yes, you get that if you follow my instructions about getting the new feed - contains only SoftCAMs with a different startup method.

And the control screen for the new cams was added end of April already ...

https://github.com/openatv/eni…680f29adad1bbe8c99ffdc97fT

Thanks, today I copied the infopanel folder to my PC , then I updated the Openatv 6.3 image.
    After rebooting the softcam panel missed, but when i recopied the infopanel , every think working perfect , but the Sky sport De freezing yet .
    Oscam 11523

• I am not going to lie, I did the exact same thing. Copied all the folders and relevant files.

In the end none of my backups were needed.

If you follow the correct new process. It does all work.

No need to manual install IPKs, because the files in the feeds are the correct ones you should be using.

And no need for the old softcam panel, because the new panel auto restarts without having to set it to, and via the blue button gives access to the cam info pages.

• KiddaC. Very good, clear, and easy to understand instructions.
    Nothing pompous about you. Exactly how I would do a write up to assist others.
    Actually I take industrial technical literature buried in page after page and dummy it down to a 10-step. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    Still a bit of the ole gibberish running around upstairs. At least that's what some believe. Let's have a beer!
    Thanks!

• I am going to defend SpaceRat here.

If you read this entire post, he has been burning the candle both ends.

He / openatv , are getting stick left right and center, not just on this forum, but on multiple forums and on github.

Despite that he has had the decency to stick around and answer as many questions as he can.

His answers are definently over techincal when people are just after simple answers.

But I work with developers all day long. They speak a different language. ;) I am a front-ender. My job is to communicate to the user.

So in my waffle thread, that is exactly what I have done. Lets approach this as a user and lets go through the motions.

I have no answers to techincal questions, that is exactly what SpaceRat is for. But if my walk through is helpful, then I have achieved what I set out to do.

• His answers are definently over techincal when people are just after simple answers.

That's probably correct, but the problem is, that some users appear to be desperate to go the hard way (Messing around with the E2 code for example) and expect simple answers to complex questions.

Joe Average is supposed to want good results quickly: Install feed, install cam, put config inside, be happy.

Just as you described in your how-to.

Those who want to go deeper, e.g. by replacing binaries, should know what they do and either have an understanding about what they do or at least take tje time to read and learn.

Receiver/TV:

Softcam Feeds Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Softcam Feeds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!