Installing plugins and skins on OpenPli 7 Vu+ Zero 4K with no idea if they are compatible or not

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,079 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• Call be stupid but why don't you just keep the default remote settings. I just don't get it.

On a remote, volume up is volume up. Channel up is channel up. Why would you reassign the directional keypad to do the very same thing when the buttons are right next to it. ?????

You are just making hard work for yourself.

12100a9a8e0156.png

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

Look what i found ;)

Dont now if its working with Pure2 image but you can try and see

But its on your own risk

• You're gonna be waiting for an eternity, since I don't do backups...

And where's the fun in that for you? Learning, novelty and all that...

You need to familiarise yourself with an image, moreover... :)

And anyway, it's better the way it is... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Then next time never try to convince people of this shit!!!

• I think your unkind words only speak of yourself and the state of your "spirit"...

If you're gonna be so rigid and unitelligent behaviour is a virtue in your "mind", buy something you just plug and play...

Better still, pay somebody to do the thinking for you, so your weak shoulders wouldn't have to suffer too much...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Then next time never try to convince people of this shit!!!

Your entitled to your opinions, but pure2 is one of the major builds people are switching to this year. Probably with in 6 months, might be THE build people are using.

People have gone out of their way to try and assist you. You ask a question then disappear for hours on end. Then complain it has taken you several days to sort this.

The instructions were clear and helpful.

If the build is not for you that is completely fine. But to start throwing insults around is a bit out of order.
    You will probably receive very little help in the future with your attitude.

Nothing wrong with asking questions. Nothing wrong with struggling to do something.
    But at least respect the people who are trying to help and assist you.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I didn't disappear. I was trying to work it out. 3 times I installed the image and removed it in an attempt to find that function which I was sure was not there or wouldn't work properly.

I wasted a lot of my time.

If anyone is sure of that thing, they must prove to me this function works as I want or as in OpenPli image.

Then I didn't insult anyone and won't do that thing. I just gave my feedback regarding that image.

Anyway I apologize for any misunderstanding.

• No one owes you anything here, nothing whatsoever! We all do this for free, you are not paying anyone anything on these forums, with ethos of mutual help, which is what you got in ample amounts and if you can't follow instructions - which you have proven - it's our fault, eh?

Jesus Marx wept...

• Official Post

This is the same plugin used by PLI that you asked for from the start

I made some small changes to it so it will work on more images

But all credit to Pauli Neutrino the Author of this Plugin

and its working on Pure2, OBH, BH, ATV, OpenVix, VTI and about every E2 image there is now

I have personal tested all the above images so you can choose among them and of cause PLI.

584e3a6a4b2fd0725.jpg

Hope this will take some frustration of you my friend i also have that kind of Read Only Wife ;)

And thanks to all you others for your support its not easy when you get stuck and life gives you lemons :)

• PurE2 SW update > it should be easier now with new skin changes...

• Thank you so much, mate. Really appreciate your help.

But Actually I tried this plugin before, and works well just for Up and Down buttons. I didn't help in customizing Right and Left buttons for volume.

The Right and Left buttons in this plugin don't give you any options for volume which I am looking for.

enigma2-plugin-extensions-neutrion-keymap_7.5_all.rar

• Official Post

Well do all your settings for the buttons and save with plugin

Then use FTP to connect to your Vu+ and open folder /usr/share/enigma2

You will find a file named keymap.xml open that fie for edit

Inside the file find this code:

<map context="GlobalActions">

<key id="KEY_VOLUMEUP" mapto="volumeUp" flags="mr" />

<key id="KEY_VOLUMEDOWN" mapto="volumeDown" flags="mr" />

Change to:

<map context="GlobalActions">

<key id="KEY_RIGHT" mapto="volumeUp" flags="mr" />

<key id="KEY_LEFT" mapto="volumeDown" flags="mr" />

Save file and upload back to your Vu+ same location and restart enigma2 and you have the buttons as you want them

• Thank you so much, indeed. It really worked, but this makes you lose the function of the 2 buttons shown in the

picture below. When you press any of them, it does NOTHING. And of course you need these 2 buttons to volume up or down when in menus for example.

Now, and after trying many images, I became sure that no image does this function well and exactly as it should be as OpenPli.

73497f5db49.png

See how it looks in OpenPli

8d00512ef0792417fc.png

• Official Post

Then just add this into same section of your keymap.xml and you have volume control buttons + your custome volume

I was under the impression that you did not use the volume buttons ;)

<key id="KEY_VOLUMEUP" mapto="volumeUp" flags="mr" />

<key id="KEY_VOLUMEDOWN" mapto="volumeDown" flags="mr" />

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

VU+ Zero 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!