Installing plugins and skins on OpenPli 7 Vu+ Zero 4K with no idea if they are compatible or not

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,072 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• bestman22 I think you need to understand, most oe-alliance builds like openatv, openvix, pure2 are actually simpler to use than openpli. They are just different.

Lose your openpli mind set, and embrace a different build. It may be a little confusing because its different from what you are used to, but once you GET IT, you will probably never go back to openpli.

I know these boxes pretty will, but I wont use openpli as its too bare bones, and everything just seems to be a chore to do anything. More modern builds have all the plugins and functions you need.

Thanks for your comment. Believe me I really want to try different images especially Pure2. I see it has what I want. But to be honest with you customizing the arrow buttons as in classical remote is important to (my wife actually).

Obviously, if this is complicated - it's not for you...

But I beg to differ. Have you restarted after applying the changes?

Of course I did. I really want to have it as my main image.

Please upload a backup here. That would be so nice of you.

Thanks in advance.

• KIdda beat me to it... ;)

I find it way better as it is in PurE2, simply because buttons to change channels and volume are separate, close by and obvious to use but hey ho...:derpthink: If you can't talk sense into her - all hail Da Boss... :laugh1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Btw, the plugin to assign a function does work but!

First one should de-assign a function - the same way as explained above. Restart E2.

Then, as above, assign a new function and it will work...

Tested! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Thanks. But please are you sure I would get this to work: Up button for zap up, Down for zap down and Right for volume up and Left for volume down?

Because I will give a try now.

• I have just tried this on openatv (which is pretty much the same as pure2) and it works fine.

Go into button setup.

Press left.

Find Volume down in list. (on openatv its in infobar sub folder. I don't know about pure2)

Press OK

Press Right.

Find Volume Up

Press OK

etc etc.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Thank you so much. I will give it a try now.

• At my end, Kidda, if one does not de-assign a function on a button first, then one ends up with 2 functions on the same button.

So, each time one presses a button with 2 functions, a window pops up and asks you which function to execute... In ATV?

Ergo, first de-assign whatever is already there, at least in PurE2, then restart E2 and assign new functions after that...

• Yes its the same on openatv.

You don't need to restart your box though on openatv.

You would just select the button you want.

Depending on the skin it will show you a list of assigned buttons. (naughty skinner :) )

4335c187.png

You would press channel up or down to switch to the assigned buttons. As mentioned in the descriptive text.
    Press OK to clear. In my example "zap up"

press channel up or down to go back to main list.

Select your new button.

• sorry I can only answer for openatv as I not using pure2 at the moment.

But on that its under system menu, then language.

I am sure there is a language option somewhere on pure2.

With any new image. You just got to delve around all the menus and see where things live.

• Seagen, precisely my sentiment... but opposite from reality, obviously... :rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

Bestman, once you install PurE2 and it boots, as you are going through the settings there are remnants of German, obviously...

Once you reboot it will be gone, not to worry...

Kidda, yeah it's OpenATV guy's plugin, so it's the same on all OE-A images - I restart just in case... Any change of any significance, since nowadays STBs are powerful and fast... Precautionary measure, more than anything...:cool1:

• Edited post no. 15 as per info exchanged... ;)

• At my end, Kidda, if one does not de-assign a function on a button first, then one ends up with 2 functions on the same button.

So, each time one presses a button with 2 functions, a window pops up and asks you which function to execute... In ATV?

Ergo, first de-assign whatever is already there, at least in PurE2, then restart E2 and assign new functions after that...

Ahem...

• Managed to assign Up and Down buttons only., but couldn't assign Right and Left for Volume.

Two days to get this done!!!

What an image!!!

First and last time to use this image, unless I got a backup of this image with this function assigned.

Its must be easier to re program the wife :sadgun::chuckle::chuckle:

You are right, reprogramming the wife is easier than this image!!!!

Still see OpenPli the best of all, until someone convinces me of the opposite.

• The problem - in this case - is not in the image but in the user.

Once you have been helped with proper, full advice, so you can't blame anyone but yourself.

Both Kidda and I tested it and got the desired result, ergo draw the consequences. Do it right. Concentrate and it will happen...

That said, I still think the default assignment in PurE2 is way better than PLI but OK...

• The problem - in this case - is not in the image but in the user.

Once you have been helped with proper, full advice, so you can't blame anyone but yourself.

Both Kidda and I tested it and got the desired result, ergo draw the consequences. Do it right. Concentrate and it will happen...

That said, I still think the default assignment in PurE2 is way better than PLI but OK...

Anyway thanks for you both. Hoping you will have time to upload a backup of this image with the function needed since I didn't manage.

VU+ Zero 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!