Installing plugins and skins on OpenPli 7 Vu+ Zero 4K with no idea if they are compatible or not

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,985 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• Sometimes I install a plugin and the message shows installed but after restart i can't find it in plugins.

Today something strange happened, I installed 5 skins but can't find them too in Skins.

I decided to remove other skins believing they may cause that problem, but surprisingly I found the the these plugins (which I removed) showed up again.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

OpenPli 7

Vu+ Zero 4K

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Help!” to “Installing plugins and skins on OpenPli 7 Vu+ Zero 4K with no idea if they are compatible or not”.
  • master G

Added the Label General Support
  • If the skin is not compatible, or not will be installed or you will have a green screen. This was ahat happened to me too.

Whether you installed skins for OpenPli images or other skin which is not for OpenPli , and it what way,

as IPK or over Plugin server.

• In what way did you uninstall skins, manually, over telnet or uninstall in image.

Yes, this is a strange situation. It seems that something is still left, thought you are

all saying how to delete it. Skins are sometimes difficult to uninstall.

• First time I uninstalled them in image.

Second time I removed them manually through DCC and deleted the skin folder.

Then I restarted my device.

But in both methods the skins showed up again and I can change to any of them.

• If you install PurE2 it will be simple and efficient!

You will have everything you need installable and compatible online, directly from your couch/chair via RCU:

PurE2 > MENU > pManager > Cam Manager > Install CamD > yes > choose...

or

PurE2 > MENU > PLUGINS > choose...

All the info is in PurE2 section...

Pay attention to FNC plugins, specially written for PurE2 by the PurE2 Team...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• openatv/openvix/pure2 skins will not fully work on openpli and openpli skins will not fully work on openatv/openvix/pure2.

Some of the screen names and components are completely different. Some will display incorrectly others will crash.

So if using openpli you have to look for specific openpli skins. If openpli is anything like other images even some of the skins in the feeds will now be old and incompatible.

Also there has been lots of changes over the last 12 months regarding skins. If the skins you are trying to install are old, they might not have been updated by the author to work on modern images.

The skins should still show in your skins menu though. Although if selected might the skin might not load and just default back to default skin.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Thank you so much for your reply.

Now everything is clear.

OpenPli is a perfect image actually except for the skins. You can't find the gorgeous skins as in BH or OpenBh images.

• Official Post

There are many nice skins for PLI have a look in this section OpenPLI Based Skins

Skins for BH and OBH are copyright to thoose 2 image but there are several opensource skin converted to both image

But all skins from Matrix 10 and Army are BH/OBH only skins and therfore you want find to many of them for PLI

some ripp offs and bad copies are out there but the original quility is only find in the Skin feed of both images.

I also think that BH/OBH are the only images with their own skinners providing skins for just the images.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• It has its advantages for older machines, sure.

However, when it comes to newer, more capable machines - it is lagging behind the times, sometimes seriously so...

Btw, PurE2 has a FullHD OpenPLi skin in its feeds, if this is what you really can't do without somehow...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• It has its advantages for older machines, sure.

However, when it comes to newer, more capable machines - it is lagging behind the times, sometimes seriously so...

Btw, PurE2 has a FullHD OpenPLi skin in its feeds, if this is what you really can't do without somehow...

But in Pure2 one can't customize arrows keys: Up and Down for zapping channels and Right and Left for volume.

As this:

30d0904a254dedd9f34ea589.png

• But in Pure2 one can't customize arrows keys: Up and Down for zapping channels and Right and Left for volume.

Where did you hear that one, I wonder?

PurE2 > MENU > Setup > System > Keyboard/RC > Button Setup > do whatever you want with the buttons... ;)

As if that wasn't enough in Keyboard/RC you have "Extra Button setup" whereby you can do all sorts... Have a look at the screenshots, please...

0) First de-assign whatever is already assigned to a button yoou want mapped differently. So, choose/press a button, press OK to de-assign it, Save and Exit...

1) Again, simply press the button you want to assign a certain function to (say, ^ button above OK button) and you will see this:

730038c07b8.jpg

2) Then, you find the function you want to assign to it in the following menu and choose it by pressing OK:

44e32a1bf9c6f3081af8.jpg

3) Press the green button to Save it and that's it.

Also, one has menus for different "Keyboards, "Keymaps" etc.

So, remember this: PurE2 is the most malleable image around! The principle of this image is "give as much control to the user as possible"!!!

From Estuary skin itself (see Estuary config in Plugins) to Device Manager and onwards...

Why don't you try it and see and then come to conclusions... :)

• This is the offering of skins in PurE2:

enigma2-plugin-skins-aeonfhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-anadol

enigma2-plugin-skins-ax-blue-fhd-4pure2

enigma2-plugin-skins-blackshadowsep

enigma2-plugin-skins-duskyfhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-estuary

enigma2-plugin-skins-estuary-components

enigma2-plugin-skins-estuary-config

enigma2-plugin-skins-estuary-fonts

enigma2-plugin-skins-gb-fhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-glamouraurafhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-fullhdglass17

enigma2-plugin-skins-movieplannermod

enigma2-plugin-skins-octagoneightfhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-blue-hd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-halo

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-iskin-common

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-iskin-dark

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-iskin-light

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-magic-fhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-magic-hd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-magic-hd-night

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-magic-hd-noire

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-magic-sd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-metrixfhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-metrixhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-mhd-common

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-mynovum-fhd2

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-mynovum-fhd2-black

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-novum-fhd-slim

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-pli-hd-night

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-red-hd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-simple-ten-eighty

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vix-common

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vix-day-hd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vix-night-hd

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-1080

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-1080-bello

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-1080-common

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-1080-confluence

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-hd-common

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-hd-night

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-hd-slim

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-vixbmc-metropolis

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-youvix-blue

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-youvix-common

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-youvix-green

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-youvix-purple

enigma2-plugin-skins-openvix-youvix-red

enigma2-plugin-skins-pax

enigma2-plugin-skins-pax-fhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-pd1loi-hd-night

enigma2-plugin-skins-pli-fullhd

enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-onxy-1080

enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk-toppicks

enigma2-plugin-skins-smartlitefhd

• Thanks indeed. I must give it a try.

Please provide me with the image link for VuPlus Zero 4K.

Thanks.

• It's in your other thread on iMDB-FNC plugin by Franc, you saw it and you even thanked me for it... ;)

• It's in your other thread on iMDB-FNC plugin by Franc, you saw it and you even thanked me for it... ;)

:)

35cfd7ef156267e94252b4611.png

So sorry to tell you that customizing the buttons in Pure2 is so COMPLICATED and at the end it doesn't work.

If you are sure I can customize as in OpenPli, I would appreciate it so much if you could upload a backup with the function I am looking for.

As for now I have to remove this image.

• Obviously, if this is complicated - it's not for you...

But I beg to differ. Have you restarted after applying the changes?

• bestman22 I think you need to understand, most oe-alliance builds like openatv, openvix, pure2 are actually simpler to use than openpli. They are just different.

Lose your openpli mind set, and embrace a different build. It may be a little confusing because its different from what you are used to, but once you GET IT, you will probably never go back to openpli.

I know these boxes pretty will, but I wont use openpli as its too bare bones, and everything just seems to be a chore to do anything. More modern builds have all the plugins and functions you need.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

VU+ Zero 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!