why do i have to always restart my cam?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,317 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi,

Got a problem that's really annoying me.

Got my vu+ duo last week installed vix 2.3, have installed mgcamd 1.35a and now mgcamd 1.38

Im part of a server and have been given a newcamd.list and mg_cfg and ive inserted that in my box.

I have to restart my cam to view most of the channels becoz after a bit they go blank again, I restart my cam AGAIN to view them again.. Why why why

WTF, please help..

(my router is cm superhub, bouquet flipflop, tried RATs bouquet)

Im part of a server and have been given a newcamd.list and mg_cfg and ive inserted that in my box.

Can you clarify this please?? What do you mean that you are `part" of a server???
    Obviously if the 135a was going well then why change it??
    A nice simple gesture would have been to make an introduction as your first post ,but thats just my opinion!!

• Can you clarify this please?? What do you mean that you are `part" of a server???
    Obviously if the 135a was going well then why change it??
    A nice simple gesture would have been to make an introduction as your first post ,but thats just my opinion!!

Sorry should have introduced myself. Been viewing this site for quite sometime now and this problem is getting the better of me so went straight into it. Hi, new to the world of vu+ duos and a newbie that's stuck....

Im CS with someone is what I meant when I said 'part of a server'....

1.35a was doing the same thing so I tried 1.38 but I've got the same issue. What do I do ????

TA

• sounds like you have the box type set incorrectly to autodetect ( 00 ), This is a problem with images using the linux 3.1.1 kernel as the cam can not properly detect the correct boxtype. look in the mg_cfg file to see if this is the case and if so change to ( 06 ).

# box type
    # 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
    # 01 dbox2
    # 02 dreambox
    # 03 triple-dragon
    # 04 relook
    # 05 openbox
    B: { 06 }

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• pheonix can you confirm where this file is located? Var/keys? If the file is the one I think it is then that was given to me by the dude who's gave me access to his server.

• the files i got from the dude who provides me services, gave me newcamd.list + mg_cfg to put in the var/keys and there are similar files in usr/keys..

which file do i amend, var/keys or usr/keys?

ta

• the files i got from the dude who provides me services, gave me newcamd.list + mg_cfg to put in the var/keys and there are similar files in usr/keys..

which file do i amend, var/keys or usr/keys?

ta

'The dude who provides you services' what do you mean by this? Do you have your own local subscription card? I ask this because you mention you are cardsharing, so just not sure if you are sharing a card, or if you have a 'provider' - which as far as I am concerned are two different things.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!