cline with channel restrictions

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,018 times. The last Post () by adkins.

• Hi guys, Im just wondering if it possible to set up a cline with channel restrictions or will the cline just share everything on my card?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Yes it is possible. I would like to help, but firstly could you please explain in what situation and context are you wanting or needing to apply these restrictions?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• No problem, I have 2 DM500-s. 1 in Bedroom & 1 not in use yet. I want to give 1 to my daughter (Already a satellite feed in her room). I want to restrict what channels she can watch (13 years old). I know there is a parental lock on the DM500 but I would rather block it at source rather than give her something to spend a few weeks googling.. Cheers M8..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• flines follow the following format

F: <username> <password> <uphops> <shareemus> <allowemm> ( { caid:id(:downhops), caid:id(:downhops), ... } { caid:id:sid, caid:id:sid, ... } { begintime-endtime, ... } ) hostname/ip address

to block out a channel you can do this on the fline simple enough.

Code
    F: username password 2 0 0 { 0:0:2 } { 0963:000000:[COLOR='#FF0000']C5CB[/COLOR], 0963:000000:[COLOR='#FF0000']C7A9[/COLOR] }

The above would block out boxnation and premier sports, and the format above would be used for an external share, however the same principle can be applied for internal shares. The red coloured hex codes above refer to the channels you are blocking (sid) - which is preceded by the caid:id

the same technique can be applied to any channel you like, just change the sid, (coloured red)

Of course you can get more help about creating flines here.
    internal share
    http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…cam-basic-guide-only.html
    basic
    http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…nes-clines-beginners.html
    advanced
    http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…e-advanced-step-step.html

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Official Post

Or forget about all the resrtictions & give your child the benefit of the doubt, if you are worried about what she is watching cs studio will show you.
    Seriously payground language i have witnessed is worse than anything i have watched on uktv, If you block her tv viewing she will just watch it online.
    Kids are much smarter than we parents think..........................FACT.

• hello. that is just.what is on sat is also on the net.it is therefore a matter of trust. I see that I'm not the only to be confronted
    with those problematiques.thank for your answer TEN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!