Disable Mgcamd DVBAPI

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,485 times. The last Post () by ian1095.

• Can anyone remember how to disable the Mgcamd dvbapi so it can be ran on the same box as Oscam and not take priority ?

In other words, it just feeds Oscam allowing Oscam to perform as normal and provide the decrypted picture.

I did this years ago and would now like to do it again, but its been too long and I've had many sleeps since then lol and I'm buggered if I can remember how its done.

• Official Post

I dont now why you want to have both MgCamd and Oscam on same Box

Nowdays you can do all from Oscam

Just go to Oscam WebIf then Readers there add Newcamd reader

In device use: ipadress,port and in the bottom of the settings page fill in username/password + key

If you want to split who can use what card just assign diffrent group numbers to your readers and then assign group to users

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• No you cannot.

Oscam needs a patch to allow CWS_MULTIPLE = lines when the newcamd line uses multiple ports.

So for example a CWS_MULTIPLE line such as

CWS_MULTIPLE = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 27263:27299 user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 wan

Would need 36 readers adding the the oscam.server file.

Hardly practical !

There is no way to my knowledge of using multiple ports in the device setting of the oscam.server file.

Single port CWS_MULTIPLE lines do of course work perfectly.

• Official Post

Well if you on a Cardserver with 36 cards then of cause it would be very impractical ;)

But if you setup the Newcamd side of the server and set MgCamd Client to =1

then you can share multiple caid for one port only to clients

Sorry i am lost as you must be my old brain have not used MgCamd for a longtime :derpthink:

• Yes I've forgotten too, hence me asking how we used to do it about 10yrs ago. For the life of me I cannot remember and most of the old information such as that has been removed from many forums simply because of the age of the information.

Of course the ideal solution would be to get Oscam patched to allow multiple ports on the device line, but that's no easy task, I expect they would just say something along the lines of contact the Cardserver and get them to just use one port, however, I don't think this would go down too well with the Payservers I hack for fun lol

I've got several hacked lines like this just sat there doing nothing as the only practical way of making use of them is to use Mgcamd and many have very rare cards indeed in these lines. I have of course added single use readers for packages such as Max TV from them, but like we agree, adding sometimes up to 50 readers for each of the hacked CWS_MULTIPLE lines that I have is plainly not going to happen. Not least because I believe there are still limits on the amount of readers that can be added to Oscam Set Top Box versions anyway.

So I ask again, can anyone remember how we used to disable the Mgcamd DVBAPI all those years ago ?

• Official Post

Yes over the years i have lost some and gain some and when the brian grows old and the wife have nagged alot

the stupid brain starts to filter :chuckle::chuckle:

But for fun have you try this config

[reader]

label = server

protocol = newcamd

device = xxxx.xxxx.net,27263:27299

user = user

password = pass

key = 0102030405060708091011121314

group = what ever group you prefer

• Official Post

Well ten we can forget about oscam.

But have you fiddle with the mg_cfg and try to set i guess you probably been there done that also ;)

Just trying to jugg your memory back to life

# AU

# 00 disable, no emm pids processed

# 01 enable, emm pids always processed for soft-au and shared cards

# 02 auto, emm started only if channel cant be decoded

# 03 process emm pids for network cards update only

A: { 01 }

# network mode, use summ for several clients

# 00 no network (default)

# 01 newcamd netclient

# 02 radegast netclient

# 04 camd3 netclient

# 08 gbox netclient

G: { 01 }

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Yeh tried that too, but thanks.

Like you say we are getting older. Just had to rack my brains trying to figure out why i was using a patched libavformat in my box lol

Sat at the PC for ages trying to remember, then 20 mins later it came to me that NBCSN are blocking the ICY METADATA header used in ffmpeg in our boxes ( ICY METADATA = I Can Yell, Shoutcast ) and without this patch I wouldn't be able to stream the Footie from NBCSN on my box. This is also how they stopped Kodi from streaming it too.

Now you would think I would remember something as important as that !

Sign of getting older I'm afraid.

Anyway that's off topic. Hopefully someone who used two EMU's back in the day will be able to remember how the Mgcamd DVBAPI was disabled to avoid conflicts between the 2 EMU's

• I'm currently using G: { 41 }

G: { 33 } is I believe just 01 newcamd netclient + 32 cccamd netclient, card list saved as /tmp/cccamd.info

Therefore 01 + 32 = 33

But I too do think this section of the config might be where the answer lies.

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!