Blade Media boxes good 4 newbies?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,109 times. The last Post () by biffo1.

• I'm just curious of the capabilities of blade media hd receivers,a good start 4 a budding Newbie or just go 4 a highly rated vu + and have a long term gem after reading up
    On it? Thanks

• The blade is a good box for a newbie with all the updates done via usb, it alsos has channel updates on line with some live streams.

The only downside is poor EPG.

For the extra £50.00 i would go for a vu solo with great EPG & picons, plus great support for images and channel lists.

If you are looking for a very cheap starter box, the openbox s10/s11 is a great little box, I have had the s9 , s10 and still have a s11 in the bedroom. Again this box is very easy to setup and update via usb.

If you are a fast learner and get the bug you will soon out grow the blade and the openbox. So the above depends on your budget and learning curve.

Regards Lee

• blade is a client only box if im not mistaken in other words if u wanted to share your own card you would not be able to with the blade .the vu is an excellent box with a lot more support .

• Hi gav99,the vu seems the best bet like,so basically 4 at least £50 more I've a great investment,let's get saving me thinks,ta bud,regards Micky:)

• no problem micky there loads of people on here who will help you and the vu has the best support .oh and dont forget to to ask the forum sponser for your £5 discount so only another £45 to save good luck pal

• Way 2 go buddy,got an old relook 2 try and get running 2 Lee,tying da knot so cash is tight but I know wot box 2 go 4,it's been a reve lagoon going on this site,respect m8,talk 2 U again inda future,chow 4 now:)

• for the money the blade is a good box it has a few hidden menus 9991, 9992, and they very good 3641 which you enter when your in the online service lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!