WHY CAN NOT INSTALL OSCAM IN OPENATV 6.2 AND 6.3 ?

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,881 times. The last Post () by cap2666.

• Hi to all

I can not install oscam from about 3 weeks ago to openatv 6.2 and 6.3 .

I checked and I have not oscam file after installation in enigma2 folder .

how can i force intall new oscam to receiver .

my receiver is vu+ duo2 .

thanks

• Hello.

Just browse the forum. It's been a long time. For example here: OpenATV SoftCam Feed Discussion Thread

A newer feed resource would help if you are using a package to install an IPK that has extended OpenATV with another online resource with Softcams.

Remove the older feed softcam resource,

...remove direct the resource:

rm -f /etc/opkg/secret-feed.conf

...or uninstall the IPK package:

opkg remove <package_name>

Then try the newer version 4.3-r2:

OpenATV SoftCam Feed

If you use the install and run a manual method for Softcam, you must stop using "/etc/*.emu" files because OpenATV no longer supports them (the SoftcamPanel plugin is no longer supported in OpenATV).

• cap2666: Sorry. I do not understand. How do you mean you can't "insert" a reader? Is there a problem with saving the configuration? Or exactly what doesn't work? You have to accurately describe the problem if you want someone to help.

• hi,I use this reder for years

[reader]

label = Cline1

protocol = oscam

device = xxxxxxxxxx,xxxxxx

user = xxxxxxx

password = xxxxxx

inactivitytimeout = 30

group = 1

cccversion = 2.3.0

ccckeepalive = 1

I installed in my mutant hd51 the openatv 6.3 from 13/07,with the oscam 11518 from the secret feed.This version of oscam comes loaded with readers.The only one that I can use is this one that is allready in the oscam.server

[reader]

label = line_cccam

enable = 0

protocol = cccam

device = xxxxxxx,xxxxxx

user = xxxxxxx

password = xxxxxxx

fallback = 1

group = 1

ccckeepalive = 1

if I want to use my old one is not saved from some reason,if I want to modify the one on top....disappears...I don't know why?!thanks

• There has never been a protocol "oscam".

oscam has no own protocol, the one that is closest to being an oscam native protocol is cccam, because oscam uses an extended variant of it if both sides use oscam.

And I don't get the problem:
    Yes, the sample config comes with plenty of sample readers, that's because it's a sample config :)

Feel free to delete all the readers you do not need and add your own ones.

Receiver/TV:

• Vu+ Ultimo 4k 4xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@LG 65" OLED
    • GigaBlue Quad 4k 2xDVB-S2 / 2x-DVB-C / 1.8TB / OpenATV 6.3@Samsung 32" LED
    • 2x Vu+ Solo² / 465GB & 230GB / OpenATV 6.3
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD 2@Medion 17" (2.PC)

Pay TV: 4th Empire propaganda TV, Redlight, ORF, HD-, Sky

Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 + Telekom VDSL 100 / Linksys WRT1900ACS / IPv4 (UM+Telekom) + IPv6 (Hurricane Electric)

• I deleated all,I put any reader and is not saved and is not showed in openwebif

How exactly do you edit your config ? Are you using Oscam-Webif for editing ? Or are you using a editor via FTP connection ?

In my opinion, you're editing files unnecessarily if you have them in another configuration folder ;-). For example, you can find Oscam configuration folder via Oscam-Webif:

Files -> oscam.version (search for "ConfigDir: ............")

You can also edit the configuration in the Oscam-Webif editor directly. In the menu I just mentioned - Files -> choose the file, edit it and then completely click on the SAVE button).

For every change, remember to restart Oscam !

• I tryed all,with FTP connection,from OpenWebif.Doesn't matter how I do it.I can see my readers on tuxbox/oscam.server and on OpenWebif in Files/oscam.server,but when I click *readers on OpenWebif they don't appear,It's blank.They supouse to be there so you can turn them off/on ,restart....but are not there

• Is working only this reader

[reader]

label = line_cccam

enable = 0

protocol = cccam

device = xxxxxxxx,xxxxxx

user = xxxxxxx

password = xxxxxxx

fallback = 1

group = 1

ccckeepalive = 1

but if I try to duplicate it,to put another cline.....they both disappear

• Of course. Your configured readers must be recognised (functional and connected). Otherwise, they won't even tolerate and not initialize and see them at OscamWebif - in "Readers". What does Live-Log say after Oscam restart ? There you will see the cause of the problems.

Or contact me via Skype and if you believe me I can check your Oscam-Web-If problem via TeamViewer.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!