not getting any channels on 4.8 east- motorised dish

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,494 times. The last Post () by the goat.

• hi folks, not had the motorised dish on for sometime but as its getting near the football season tried it the other day

I can get 0.8-19east ok, but I'm not getting anything on 4.8 east

checked the dial on the motor looks closer to 10 deg than 4.8, so on the VU+ adjusted the settings by fine movement button at 57% SNR

now scanned it picks up 23 channels when I try these 23 channels no picture or sound

as I say tried other satelites (used BBC world & God channel as FTA) 0.8, 13, 16, 19 all ok, but nothing on 4.8 east, so the arc of the dish must be right ?

anything I can try ?

• yes got up to date channel list

120cm dish, been using it for years no problem,

watched last seasons matches on 13 & 4.8 east no problem

can't get dish pass 5 west as it will hit roof

don't see how it could be LNB (as working on other satilites ) but ordered a new one just in case

• Official Post

Weather is currently pretty bad right now... raining with heavy wind and my 80cm dish picks up 330 odd channels, but i do struggle for signal on some transponders on 4.8 east with the little dish, i would imagine your dish has moved out of line slightly from your posts above

Im getting an SNR of 66% on "news one HD" a FTA Russian news channel at 4.8e

The other sats you mention have a stronger signal, i have no problems with the 80cm dish on any of the sats you mention

4.8east has always been a struggle with the 80cm dish

Like you said i too doubt it is the lnb, i would bet a little adjustment to the dish would sort it.

Let us know how you get on

• weather was ok when I tested, so that's not it,

as it runs though arc to get the other satlilles i'm hoping that the setup ok ?

I may take the dish back to zero using the vu+solo2

then push the reset button at the back of the motorised dish

in case I've done something to the uarl of 4.8 to get it into the right place

• I had a similar problem a couple of months ago , i could get all satellites 68e to 30w but the 19.2 ( I live in southern Italy), very strange cause the signal from that sat is very strong, this went on for 2-3 days then suddenly all was blacked out , i had to change my Inverto Black Twin Ultra bought 1 year before. The LNB would be the first thing to check I think.

I made a short video for this...

• put in a new black ultra LNB,

did a scan of 4.8e picked up 433 channels all seem to be H (no V)

tried a few channels on FTA

DW Deutsch, News one, God channel, Russia today, work all on H

looks like i'm not picking up V on 4.8e, I have a tree close by will cut off a few branches in case that is the probelm

• So the problem was not the motor that's better pity you only catch the H channels ,what i would do in this case is to download a channel list stay on a channel fta Vertical ( at 4.8 east ) and then try to flex the dish or move the LNB to see if the signal gets better, if it does you may adjust the motor configuration, probably you'll need someone to help you and be careful by the way!

• still no joy sorting this out,

changed the image on vu+ solo2 couple of times,

used a few different channel list

reset the TM-2600 motor

had Mrs watch tv and I turned the LNB, then flexed the dish

still not getting the V 4.8east channels,

• Hiya mate. I had the same problem a while ago,but after a little adjusting it all came good. i have 6 lnb's on a rather small dish as you can see on the attached picture. the sirius lnb is the second from right. Its twisted a little to the side ,whereas the 1 west lnb who is the first from the right is fairly straight. Dunno if it will work in your end of the world,but i guess its worth a try.

Good luck with it80433f77bf0ff13af53954.jpg

• You dont need to adjust the LNB on a Motorised system it should be dead straight as when the dish moves across the ARC this is when Skew is applied, you only apply Skew to fixed dishes. most of the Vertical transponders are on the Nordic beam so unless you live pretty much on the east coast you will struggle picking up those transponders.

When you get a nice day have a go at re-aligning the dish it sounds like it could just be out slightly

• its only for the football matches, which in fairness I can get on 13east, but it worked last season so should be ok this

its like a cut on your hand that nags at you that's how I feel about these channels don't need them but

there is a apple tree in the field full of apples don't think its in the way but, i'll wait till apples are ripe then get apples and cut back branches

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!