mounting problem blackhole 1.7.3

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,177 times. The last Post () by regenold.

• Firstly I know that it was silly to use an ntfs partition but there's 1.5tb of stuff on it so would like to stick with it if I could.
    I have a 2tb drive mounted in my duo, 2 partitions, one ext2/3/4, one ntfs. ext formatted partition is performing fine under hdd mount and was automatically shared via nfs (I think). ntfs partition shows up and plays everything fine in mediaplayer but want to share it on my network.
    Can anyone tell me how?
    Also can't figure out how to edit any of the nfs server properties. On my laptop two folders show up. confifuration and harddisk (partition 1).
    The new tuner is working nicely btw.

Any ideas aside from pull out the drive, reformat and transfer back files?

• Well it's mounted and showing up in windows via samba. Via telnet

ntfs-3g /dev/sda2 /mnt/personal .... worked
    mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda2 /mnt/personal ..... hadn't worked

Just need to get it to automount..... after some sleep.

• Now, I have it mounted in /media/personal but it has dissappeared from autofs folder. Media Player was detecting but couldn't share it with samba, and now, I have been able to share it with samba but it doesn't show up in media player. Can navigate to it via filebrowser and play stuff alright.

• Official Post

Just read your post for the first time mate, i do not think you silly to use an ntfs partition, connected to the back of my my vu+ solo via usb powered hub i have a 2gb externel hdd which i can record and playback stuff without problems & also an 8gb usb stick which is fat32. I can mount these as normal using the remote and when using open pli based images i find they have automounted if i connect then immediatley after flashing the new image.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!