New virtual keyboard Plugin with windows layout

There are 137 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 25,094 times. The last Post () by SunnyV.

• urie
    to ask a dumb quesiton can you not just add .mp4

Can't say I have ever renamed a movie file before. But is this new behaviour with this keyboard, or did the original enigma2 virtual keyboard do the same

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• urie

Can't say I have ever renamed a movie file before. But is this new behaviour with this keyboard, or did the original enigma2 virtual keyboard do the same

No now I just rename via windows filemanager and I can just add file with that also , because on enigma2 you have to enable to show file types or you do not no what the file type is but if you do not have file type enabled to show and you renamed a file via new virtual keyboard the file is not even displayed in planner because it does not recognise it as a media file because filetype extension had been removed.
    I actually thought I had deleted some video files but they were still present just not showing in planner.

P.S. just changed to image virtual keyboard to test you rename the file and press green to save it shows file as renamed exit planner and go back into planner and file name has not changed.

• urie

No now I just rename via windows filemanager and I can just add file with that also , because on enigma2 you have to enable to show file types or you do not no what the file type is but if you do not have file type enabled to show and you renamed a file via new virtual keyboard the file is not even displayed in planner because it does not recognise it as a media file because filetype extension had been removed.
    I actually thought I had deleted some video files but they were still present just not showing in planner.

P.S. just changed to image virtual keyboard to test you rename the file and press green to save it shows file as renamed exit planner and go back into planner and file name has not changed.

What did you mean (enabled to show and you renamed a file via new virtual keyboard) ?!!

Show me the option please and from what image ?!!

• Did you tried other version of ATV ?!

home work done:

test make on 1x ATV 7.0 build (October) and 3x ATV 7.1 - build (August, and 2x September)

Result:

when skin Matrix are on resolution 720 - no problem, after restart and after reboot font in column stay same -in ALL images
    when skin Matrix change resolution to 1080 - font in column after reboot change to small - like reported early

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• in planner then select menu you can Enable or disable to show extensions for known file types. using openatv 7.1

• You are using version of image 7.0 .. I can not support old image move to 7.1 ...

I test atv 7.1 with HD and FHD skin no problem .. And as I wrote before this is not from skin from python method works ..

Are You sure you are using ATV image ?!!

Because there is nothing calling planner on atv image ...

On pli image as you see ... With ot without enable option of (hide extensions) on system (original files) of virtualkeyboard ... An extensions does not appear on movie list ....

So there is nothing can be do inn this plugin

1.jpg

2.jpg

• I wrote before this is not from skin from python method works ..

test 3 different ATV7.1 build from August + 2x september and build 14.10.2022 prove it

- skin Matrix (1280x720) font stay OK after restart gui or reboot

when change skin to

- Matrix (1920x1080) font stay small after restat

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• Official Post

fairbird am I correct then you are using an ATV Image on an Dreambox??

That image is full of patches just to work with Dreambox so maybe that is the reason why you can't reproduce some of the issues?

And the Planner they are talking about is probably the "MoviePlanner mod by KiddaC " That you can install from the ATV feeds

• Official Post

Just to test I installed latest version on DreamOS and there is the same issues with the size in FHD

If I open the the keyboard with TXT button it looks like this screenshoot

small.jpg

In the VirtualKeyboard.py the import code for HD and FHD seems to not work proper.

You have defined the isFHD and isHD in the tools.py and importing tools with * prefix

But at the same time you are setting the HD and FHD in the VirtualKeybord.py

If I change this lines

Python
    if getDesktop(0).size().width() == 1920:
            from Plugins.SystemPlugins.NewVirtualKeyBoard.skins.NewVirtualKeyBoardfhd import *
    else:
            from Plugins.SystemPlugins.NewVirtualKeyBoard.skins.NewVirtualKeyBoard import *

If I change to this then all works just fine no problem with size for either HD or FHD

Python
    if isHD():
            from Plugins.SystemPlugins.NewVirtualKeyBoard.skins.NewVirtualKeyBoard import *
    else:
            from Plugins.SystemPlugins.NewVirtualKeyBoard.skins.NewVirtualKeyBoardfhd import *

correct.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are using old version as screenshot shown 11.8 .. The latest version is 12.1 ?!!!

Because You are still using old code ... That code I was removed and I moved all skins to inside class ...

Bump V 12.0 · fairbird/NewVirtualKeyBoard@b732f9e
    -Fix auto resolution after reboot device -Adjust some widget in option screen
    github.com

This is command to install lastest version

Code
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fairbird/NewVirtualKeyBoard/main/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh
  • This my prove video from ATV 7.1 on DM920

thank you video.

v12.1 have problem with font size in column (vu zero4k - atv7.10)

- if using skin Matrix (1280x720) font size in column are same after restart gui or reboot stb
    - if using skin Matrix (1920x1080) font size in column after reboot stb - change to smallest font , after restart gui OK

seagen might you see something what cause problem, fairbird cannot reproduced this problem in his dreambox

picture attached

• That issue as I said from E2 ... Ok I have do some trick in plugin .. I hope to help you ... There is new version (online)

If not fix it (Then please ask ATV team about this issue on your devices) on Dreambox no problem !!

New version Available online

-V12.2

-Fix auto resolution after reboot on (VU+ Devices)

Online install from option screen or from telnet command

Code
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fairbird/NewVirtualKeyBoard/main/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh
  • fairbird

image atv 7.2 - have small problem - keybord history are upside down

meaning oldest search are on the top (left culumn)

would be nice to have latest search hisstory alway on the top please

could you advise please

thank you

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

Edited once, last by sarsan ().

• The last word or sentence to be searched for is always at the top of the list and not at the bottom of the list. Why do you want to reverse the process ?!!!

Look on screenshots. The last word I searched for is Python. Look after exiting the keyboard and entering it, where was the word above1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

But If you searching with new value (Youtube) example then normally the old value will be move at the bottom of the list, not at the top of the list, and this is the correct way ... Because the (EDGE OF TOMOR) was searched before the (Python)

4.jpg

And always python code save the values in (/etc/history) as Priority search from top to bottom

• fairbird

last picture showing :

1 - (youtube) - searching contect on first place

but on the other possition

2 - (EDGE OF TOMOR)

3 - (english movie)

4 - (python)

and should be by order after last time of writing:

2 - (python)

3 - (english movie)

4 - (EDGE OF TOMOR)

dont know why cannot be on second place (python) instead first time writing word (EDGE OF TOMOR)

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!