Red lighting flash error dreamone

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,706 times. The last Post () by eshare.

• Official Post

Try this

To fix this you need a SD-Card labled "DREAMBOOT" with first partition in FAT format.

When you plug this in the u-boot should stop before the bootlogo.... then the crash doesn't occur.

Then connect with putty and try "run recovery_from_flash" to start recovery mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• You explain more in this regard. Thank you

• Official Post

Step 1: Get a SD-Memorycard and put into your computer.

Step2: When asked by Windows choose format, and choose format "Fat" not Fat32!!!

Step3: After format is finnished right click with your mouse on the SD Card device icon and cange label of the SD Card to DREAMBOOT

Step4: Now put the card in to the SD Card slot of your DM One UHD and power up.

Step5: Sometimes you get just a black screen and sometimes you get an option menu on your TV Screen.

Step6: Now connect with Putty choose Serial connection to your DM One UHD and if asked login with root then type without the run recovery_from_flash

This should clear your fault flash and put the DM One UHD into Recover Mode and you can flash new image from your Web Browser.

• this not connect to putty by rs232(mini usb).

It does not boot via SD card and only flashes red. Which parts are likely to be damaged if not connected?

• Official Post

I was not clear about the putty part so sorry about that.

You should connect through com port (Serial) not (Telnet).

Correct com port number can be found in Windows, Right Click "My Computer" and choose property, then choose Device Manager

Go to Comports and find the one for the mini usb.

Use that to connect with putty and follow step 6 above

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support
  • Thanks for your reply dear friend

I know this, but this device, while it recognizes the port com but doesn't log, I'm sure I log on to other devices but I don't see the log on this device. There is absolutely no connection between the machine and Putty

• Official Post

So when you put in the card nothing happen? box goes direct to red light flashing?

• Official Post

Before starting to go so drastic away i would suggest you ask for help over at https://dreambox.de/board/

Its mostley German language but if you ask questions in English they usaly give you an answer

It must be possible to fix this, its not the embedded IC Flash thats borken its the partition table

Try that first before start fiddeling with the hardware ;)

• Yes, here it was, but I didn't get the right answer. There is also a suggested Uboot method but I do not know how. I also checked that the Uboot can fix the Cool Down device, but it's not running on the Dreambox.

• Official Post

I found your thread over at DM and did a reply where i also tagged one of the admins ;)

gutemine guy is allways rude ;) but where knowledge full, only problem is his manners ;)

So lets see if you dont get some proper helps from Reichi, his allways kind and helpfull :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• I found your thread over at DM and did a reply where i also tagged one of the admins ;)

gutemine guy is allways rude ;) but where knowledge full, only problem is his manners ;)

So lets see if you dont get some proper helps from Reichi, his allways kind and helpfull :)

Thank you to Gutmine Unfortunately a little ...

Thank you for your follow-up and site management

• please :taxman::english only1: forum rules thanks

try flash again

• Its happened with me,

My DM one was under warrantee the dealer replaced motherboard completely.

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver.

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!