Edision Os mio 4k plus - Openatv

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,217 times. The last Post () by rodji.

• Hi all, I purchased the edision mio 4k plus running Openatv (preinstalled) for my father to replace an old zgemma h2s running Vix.

I am looking for some advice on some iptv plugins/apps to install and guidance on a good setup for this box in general, if thats heard of. Also he uses kodi on other devices alot, is it possible to install it on this box without the need for sideloading it and if so, does/would it run smoothly.

Oh, his main concern at the moment is,,, he is wondering how to series link programs from the epg, says on zgemma it was auto timer and he can't seem to find it on the edision. Any advice would be much appreciated. 👍

Thanks

Paddy

Total newbie so apologies in advance if I posted/not posted/said/not said something, somewhere, here nor there, my bad. 😅

• Many posts here about your subject.
    IPTV plugins are there. I'll have to look up the one that worked for me. Certainly not as friendly as those tailored for streaming boxes. EPG, other nice things will be missing.
    There is kodilight. It works. But full-blown Kodi will drag your receiver down. Alot. Plugins for kodilight are here, but installing those for real kodi will be next to impossible.
    Again, Kodi on a streaming box will work extremely well.
    I live in the wrong region to get an epg that works. I've been using Mediaportal with the EPGBuddy which I can map TV Guide channels with for my local cable channels on an HDHomerun. So far I haven't got much assistance in finding out how to incorporate the epg into my os mio. It would be nice though.
    Hope this helps a little and these are from my experience with this nice satellite receiver. For that, it is real nice though.

• Thanks for the reply and for the information supwiddiss, much appreciated, he has kodi on other devices so it's not the end of the world for him, I might give it a try later on down the road, first I want to find the series linking option and get his e2player up and running again, he got some use from it on the zgemma, which has now been moved to the bedroom, tv junkies. Haha

When you get the chance can you answer me this,,,,,, he's used to Vix interface and as it's a multiboot box, can I load different images on it,,, flash them, test them and see what's best, no? Have you tried this on the mio and if so how was/is the experience. Thanks 👍

• Thanks for the reply and for the information supwiddiss, much appreciated, he has kodi on other devices so it's not the end of the world for him, I might give it a try later on down the road, first I want to find the series linking option and get his e2player up and running again, he got some use from it on the zgemma, which has now been moved to the bedroom, tv junkies. Haha

When you get the chance can you answer me this,,,,,, he's used to Vix interface and as it's a multiboot box, can I load different images on it,,, flash them, test them and see what's best, no? Have you tried this on the mio and if so how was/is the experience. Thanks 👍

Vix is close to OpenATV in operation. Vix still has softcams for downloadable plugins.
    I still keep running back to OpenATV because for me, it just works.
    Others say that when you are used to an image and try another, forget what you knew about the previous and learn the new.
    The only thing similar with E2 images is the initial setup and tuner setup.
    I am not a seasoned E2 user. A little over a year. I do have some years of casual Linux usage.
    Heck. I don't even know what series linking is (not yet anyhow).
    And I will not ruffle feathers of different images with much fanfare here. Not any more.
    But I have tried most. I don't want to waste 14 hours trying to navigate around the remote.
    Or asking question that may help speed up the learning curve in the forums. Only to get snapped at.
    Vix lies on a slot in my mio. I only tried it again when blindscan in kernel 5.3.0 started to be used in OpenATV 6.3 (and 6.2).
    In my region a good satellite receiver is what I wanted. The mio fits the bill. Only using C Band currently.
    Not having epg except for the random channels that have it sucks.
    I haven't actually figured out on the mio with OpenATV how to get network shares mapped. Vix has it right in your face.
    So if you have a media server with music, movies....Vix made it easy to setup.
    That's no biggie because I run Plex. So the Roku and Amazon boxes run that just fine.

Brian at Titanium Satellite was patient and answered all of my questions about my mio before I bought it from him.
    He also told me straight up what not to expect. Something other vendors did not, would not. And I seriously considered a VU+ or Dreambox purely because of the pluggable tuners. Which may have allowed for me to grab those extra channels.

Currently there is a blindscan issue and a tuner issue with both mio's out there.
    I was told that it was up to the tuner manufacturer to fix firmware. So we wait.
    I just hope Edision and Availink don't go to sleep on it like Zgemma did.
    That was the main reason I did not get a mio+ shipped out this week.

Ask questions. And others please don't think you'll hijack this if you pipe in.

• Ok thanks, I was going to mention about that the blindscan didnt work for me, but I put that down to me being a newb, first time and a learning curve. I swayed for the edision for the blindscan, double tuner and reviews (user friendly) 🤔.

If you don't mind can you briefly explain more on the the problems mentioned, I have the box only a week and worse I purchased it for my parents, haha, not a happy camper knowing that,,,,, very grateful to you obviously. 😍 🤩👍

• I'm taking it you are able to ftp into the box.
    Do you have this directory? /lib/modules/5.3.0
    A couple of things I've found out. But not too much detail.
    4mHz spaced tp's are missed. Lower symbol rates are having problems scanning. Duplicates happen due to either of those.
    Not 100% accurate. But you get it. There are issues.
    Have a sat chart handy when you do a blindscan. Look for tp's spaced 4mHz apart.
    You can manually scan those in. And they seem okay.
    Take the files I've attached. The most recent ones the guys have sent me to try.
    One set is for the mio4k, the other set is for the 4k+.
    Backup your existing ones. Send them to the /lib/modules/5.3.0 directory. Reboot the receiver. Permissions are already set, so no worries there.
    See how they work.

TEST10-osmio4k-drivers-5.3.0-20191014.zip     TEST10-osmio4kplus-drivers-5.3.0-20191014.zip

• I have the mio+

I run full Kodi on it with no problems... I only have a couple of plugins loaded it on it though as i did find a kodi build did painfully slow it down.. With a couple of plugins loaded it is faster than both my android boxes

Yes you can load up to 4 images on multiboot so you can try then all out and see which one suits you best, haven't tried openvix yet as its only just come out for the + version

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!