Chocholousek Picons updater (Enigma2 plugin)

There are 411 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 77,649 times. The last Post () by hatters1976.

• As far as I know, the plugin explicitly DOES NOT SUPPORT VPN and that's why you have the problem with 7-zip!

If you think this is not the case, contact the plugin developer s3n0

it should be possible to disable the VPN and update the picons, thereafter enable it, isn't it?

• Hello I don't know if I've posted this in the right place?

I have a VU+ Duo 4k I have the plugin installed and working... But the only issue I have come across is with 7zip I have tried to install it as I'm a pretty technical person, but I can't seem to get it download and extract the picons do I have install 7z manually? I get Error! The downloaded file is not in 7-zip format!. I do run a vpn on router but that's never ever caused issues before.

I hope someone can help thanks in advance

VU+ Duo 4k Running open atv 6.4 armv7l

Hi.

There will probably be a problem in the computer network settings in your Linux set-top box.

As Warder mentioned earlier, the problem will most likely be in the VPN network.

A plugin or other application in Linux OS, don't know which gateway is in use (access to the internet network). The Linux system already knows that. However, connection via VPN is not allowed on the server from which all picon packages are downloaded. Often, unfortunately, the gateway in the VPN interface is used and not the gateway in the LAN / WiFi interface of the majority internet connection (the majority network interface in your Linux). There is a misconfigured network policy... I think.

Unfortunately, the lightweight Linux OS in set-top boxes is not foolproof :). Large official distributions designed for desktop PCs are foolproof and there everything for amateurs is already treated and checked and possibly also very easily adjusted via the Linux GUI. However, this is often a problem in Linux set-top boxes - I don't know why... I haven't found out.

Since VPN networks are misused for network attacks and malicious activity, the server with picons rejects these VPN connections. In that case, instead of a .7zip file, the plugin will simply receive a .html file. This html code contains some unknown and unidentifiable error. Some errors are treated, unfortunately not all and not one hundred percent, because it cannot be done so easily. Then... an error occurs when trying to extract the .html file as a 7zip archive.

Btw... the 7zip archiver is already solved in the ChocholousekPicons plugin code. First, the plugin will try to install the 7zip package, directly from the Enigma feed. If it cannot be installed from the feed, a binary file, stand-alone archiver - 7za, intended for the appropriate architecture is downloaded and uploaded to the set-top box.

• Latest ipk package ok? Can't install (or even open it in 7zip for example):

Code
    # opkg install /media/hdd/enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons_5.0.221027_all.ipk
    Collected errors:
    * open_outer: Failed to open package '/media/hdd/enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons_5.0.221027_all.ipk': Unrecognized archive format
    * open_outer: Failed to open package '/media/hdd/enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons_5.0.221027_all.ipk': Unrecognized archive format
    * pkg_extract_control_file_to_stream: Failed to extract control.tar.* from package '/media/hdd/enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons_5.0.221027_all.ipk'.
    * pkg_init_from_file: Failed to extract control file from /media/hdd/enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons_5.0.221027_all.ipk.
  • Hi.

If you download the .ipk package using the wget tool, using the wrong arguments or if you do not add the appropriate arguments yourself, then it may happen that you download some HMTL page with an error message. Wget then saves it as an .ipk file :). And you then try to send this HTML page to the OPKG (installation package manager).

I recommend using the online shell-script installer available on my Github: https://github.com/s3n0/e2plug…omatic-ipk--deb-selection This script can be run directly by downloading it and redirecting it via pipe directly to the shell-interpreter.

• In that case, it would be necessary to search for and debug the error.

If there is a wget-error, try adding additional arguments, such as "--proxy off" ... or some others.

It is also possible to use a different download link than the one I use ("raw" source).

Online shell-script installer file, is located directly here (source code):

e2plugins/online-setup at master · s3n0/e2plugins
    Enigma2 plugins. Contribute to s3n0/e2plugins development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

//////// EDIT (16.11.2022) :

So I modified the mentioned installation online shell script a bit.

I believe that the error arises from imperfect communication between the WGET tool and the GITHUB response.

In some cases, GTIHUB will probably return only HTML code. It probably happens when it is an unknown file and GITHUB does not know how to provide (display) this file - in the case of RAW mode.

For example, if it is a binary or an encoded or unknown type of file (.ipk), then GITHUB will not transfer it, but will (not always) first send only some HTML informative web page, without the possibility of a standard RAW button (for a direct link to download this file) - at the top right of the GITHUB website.

In theory, it should now be solved by adding a parameter for GITHUB, which says that URL (WGET) directly requests the RAW format ( ?raw=true ). In the case of .ipk files, this should mean sending a real direct file, in RAW format (unknown to GITHUB - packaged .ipk file format).

• Hi.

Thanks for the report and sorry for the mistakes. I fixed it !

There was a small typo, after the last modification of this shell-script :). I forgot to comment out one "}" character in the case of a disabled function in the shell-script.

My second mistake was the addition of the --proxy off parameter, which is different in the lightweight version from BusyBox (--proxy off) and in the full version (--no-proxy). I'm lazy to add wget --version testing :) and based on that also use parameter to disable proxy :).

In my case, now everything works without a problem.

If the problem persists, I can of course look into it. But for that I need remote access to your set-top box. If you believe me, for example, you can write to me on Skype and then I can look at it via TeamViewer or directly via a direct SSH/Telnet connection (SSH is a more secure connection with difficult sniffing of network packets).

Added "--force-downgrade" argument to OPKG:

- since the upgrade from the github server has a higher priority, the argument is needed to install the version from github, instead of the enigma2-feed version

- this applies if there is still an old version on the enigma2-feed or marked with the wrong git-version

- plugin configuration in Enigma2 will not be changed (not deleted)

I recommend uninstalling the old version and installing this new one. :winking face:

• I don't know if this is a bug, but you can help here, if possible.

I installed the latest version 5.0.221117, after a few minutes, I got a message asking for update of this plugin.

When I did this, it went ck to an old version as shown below

Any explanations?

Hi.

This is likely to be a "feature" of the Enigma2 distribution you are using. I think so.

Unfortunately, the BB recipe (OE Alliance Group) for the ChocholousekPlugin plugin has still not been modified to the necessary and final form.

The plugin algorithm (source code) does not automatically update to a new version. And also new versions, the plugin does not automatically offer to install them.

Only if the user uses the manual update of the plugin (yellow button in the ChocholousekPicons plugin), then only the update from the Github server will be started, ignoring the version on the feed-server (belonging to your installed Enigma2).

So when you update from the feed server of your Enigma2 distribution, a different version gets there. You can find it, for example, via linux-shell:

Code
    opkg update
    opkg list-installed | grep chocholousek-picons

(a) if you see version 5.x.xxxxxx, it is from the feed server (created via BitBake recipe), from your Enigma2 (feed server)

(b) if you see version 5.0.2.........., then that is the version installed directly from Github (from me)

• Yes Warder , but not every Enigma2 distribution always behaves the same.

Some Enigma2 distributions force the user to install a supposedly newer version from their own feed Enigma2 server.

But if the BB recipe is bad, he thinks there is a newer version. But unfortunately there is no newer version on the feed server.

• @s3n0 but it's not your fault after all. Each team decides for itself which version to put on its feed server. :winking face:

My system also told me after installing the latest version that there is a newer one on the feed, so I let him update, installed "his" version and now he is happy.

Nosce te ipsum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!