Chocholousek Picons updater (Enigma2 plugin)

There are 411 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 76,867 times. The last Post () by hatters1976.

• s3n0 , Thank you for answer. America (USA) used same process DVB-S, DVB=S2 and DVS2X. Service reference for channels vary from model , dish setting, LNB etc. but basically same as in Europe guess using Lyngsat dot com data. I am not familiar of chocholousek process used but willing to help on this side of the arc.

Best Regards,

cpr43

• Oh... OK... so, it's good that there is the same standard and service reference codes. But that depends on chocholousek , whether he will create picones for the USA as well. He already has a lot to do :-/. Maybe a donation would be useful or someone who can donate Chocholousk for his work, for example from the USA :-).

However, I can't really say... that what and how. Making picons is Chocholousk's hard work. You have to contact him and he will tell you himself... whether he has free time, willingness, resources for service reference codes, ... etc. ... for the creation and care of other picons :-/.

• Oh... OK... so, it's good that there is the same standard and service reference codes. But that depends on chocholousek , whether he will create picones for the USA as well. He already has a lot to do :-/. Maybe a donation would be useful or someone who can donate Chocholousk for his work, for example from the USA :-).

However, I can't really say... that what and how. Making picons is Chocholousk's hard work. You have to contact him and he will tell you himself... whether he has free time, willingness, resources for service reference codes, ... etc. ... for the creation and care of other picons :-/.

OK, hopefully he is reading the post and come forward with requirements/ suggestions. Thanks

• Just upgraded to openbh 5.3 and this add on will not show in the plugins menu, tried 5.0/5.1/5.2/5.3 with same result, works fine in 4.4. Has something changed with the newer images? Latest Openatv is the same, cheers.

I also get thiis error below.

• Hi.

Thanks for the bug report. It's really weird.

It would help to turn on debugging in Enigma2 + reboot. And send me created debug log file... here... into the discussion... or via a private message - of course, only after the error appears, so that it is written into the debug file.

In the last OpenATV, which version do you mean exactly? I have OpenATV 7.3 and there is no problem.

It looks like somewhere (I don't know where) the module "Plugins.Extensions.ChocholousekPicons.plugin" is being imported as the plugin. Probably in Enigma2 code. And this algorithm subsequently fails... I don't know why.

• The latest stable release. Been baffled all day with it so just put obh 4.4 back on for now. It seemed to install correctly without any errors, i could also manually remove it from the uninstall panel but i could not get it to show up in the plugin menu so basically i couldnt do anything with it. I also tried many different version of the ipk with the same result but like i said just gone back to obh 4.4 and im just udating all my picons. So it works perfectly on this image.

< VU+ Ultimo 4K - OpenBH v5.3 - Primesat PR1200 V-Box - CM 1.2M Dish - Jaeger SMR 1224 Motor - Inverto Twin C120 LNB - Raven Feedhorn >

Edited 2 times, last by BanjoXo71 ().

• I can't help you without the debug file. Sorry. :-/

I would have to install the OpenATV that you own - I don't know which one, but I assume that the official OpenATV 7.4 has already been released (it is no longer just a development version). Then next I have to start debugging on this installed image.

But I guess that the error will be somewhere in upgrading the OpenATV 7.4 develop version to the new (full) released 7.4 version.

If I remember correctly, the developer versions use different directories for plugins. After you update to the official version, these old directories will remain there. And maybe that's the problem. That the upgraded official OpenATV can no longer find the plugin in the right directory. And now I'm just guessing the cause of the possible problem. I don't know if that's true. Maybe reinstalling the plugin or checking that there is a proper "plugin.py" file (i.e. module) and path to it would help:

Code
    # INSTALL - the latest released version of the plugin:

# (Warning ! The plugin configuration will be deleted !)

wget -qO- --no-check-certificate "https://github.com/s3n0/e2plugins/blob/master/ChocholousekPicons/online-setup?raw=true" | bash -s install

# or:

curl -LJs "https://github.com/s3n0/e2plugins/blob/master/ChocholousekPicons/online-setup?raw=true" | bash -s install

Also, the need for the ".py" / ".pyo" / ".pyc" files present may be different for the development version and for the official released version. The develop version should contain all of the listed ones (I'm not sure, but it probably does).

/////////EDIT:

So I'm adding info !

The official version of OpenATV 7.4 has not yet been released. ONLY version 7.3 is still available for download - as stable / released version. OpenATV 7.4 version is intended for testers and not for novices and amateurs ! As of today, version OpenATV 7.4 has still not been officially released.

If you are using version OpenATV 7.3, then you probably did something wrong, because in my case (Chocholousek Picons 5.0.231225), with my OpenATV 7.3 (up to date) everything works OK.

I repeat again that I need a debug file from you. Otherwise I won't find the error. The error should be / will be recorded in more detail in the debug file.

However, I still think that you are using the 7.4 version intended for developers / testers ... and there is a small problem in it.

• I dont use openatv, i just grabbed it as a test to see if i got errors, i use openbh and this plugin , well at least for me will not work on any image above 4.4

This was the version i used fo try

Its available to download, see screenshot

openatv-7.4-vuultimo4k-20240128_usb.zip

I need it to work on openbh, if i try again i will grab the logs you ask.

• You have to contact the creators of OpenBH, let them fix the BUG. Unfortunately, I don't know OpenBH and I don't use it. I only know and use OpenATV and OpenPLi.

As I have already written to you twice, you must provide me with a debug file. Otherwise, I won't find out where the problem is in the case of your OpenBH.

OpenATV 7.4 is still not the official version! You can only get to it by manually changing the version number in the URL ! Change "/current/" in the URL address to the value "/7.4/" and you will see these T E S T versions ! This is a secret procedure and normally inaccessible to inexperienced users. These test-versions are intended (again repeating ! and I won't be anymore !) for developers, testers and experienced IT users !!!

The official URL for downloading the current released OpenATV edition is here:

Code
    https://www.opena.tv/downloads/

...or...

https://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/
  • I may try openatv 7.3 tomorrow from one of your links to see how it goes.

How do i turn on debug mode for my ultimo 4K to save the logs?

< VU+ Ultimo 4K - OpenBH v5.3 - Primesat PR1200 V-Box - CM 1.2M Dish - Jaeger SMR 1224 Motor - Inverto Twin C120 LNB - Raven Feedhorn >

• There are many ways to debug the Enigma2.

In every Enigma2 distribution, you can find it elsewhere in the GUI MENU.

Of course, it can also be done through a terminal connection (PuTTY application, using Telnet or SSH protocol).

In OpenATV you can find it in:

GUI MENU > Settings > System > Debug

And there... turn on the debug log and reboot the set-top box.

Then trigger an error, and after the error occurs, a record is also created in the debugging file. Next, connect via an FTP connection and copy the debug file (folder /home/roots/logs) to the PC from the set-top box. Next, insert this file into the discussion or into my private message (due to possible personal data in the debugging file... even though... they probably won't be there anymore).

When you get the debug file, turn off debugging in OpenATV again. That's because it might slow down the Enigma2 a bit.

• wow that is weird, when i flash the new image it should completely overwrite whats already installed right? no remnents left behind etc

what was also troublesome was that after i flashed back from openatv to openbh via usb the display on the ultimo 4k still showed openatv with a blackhole image installed.

maybe a bad flash? but i did try 5 different images from openbh and 1 openatv.

so it looks like im doing something wrong as to why the plugin is not showing for me via the green button panel.

any suggestions will be really appreciated as i really want to try and get these picons working on the latest 5.3 image.

thanks.

edit: might be the ipk i have is not the updated one [v3] so i will grab the latest from the github link and report back. Also thanks for trying to help me guys.

Edited 2 times, last by BanjoXo71 ().

• Hi.

You're on the wrong thread... to support specific picons, you have to use the picon thread and not the enigma2 plugin thread :).

• Just want to update that i reflashed OpenBH 5.3, this time round i used the very latest picon ipk from github and all is installed and fully updated now. Its weird because i had other plugins that was the same such as ipchecker but with the new install that also worked to. Something must have happened [not sure what] but it fixed itself.

Thanks for a great add on :)

• Just want to update that i reflashed OpenBH 5.3, this time round i used the very latest picon ipk from github and all is installed and fully updated now. Its weird because i had other plugins that was the same such as ipchecker but with the new install that also worked to. Something must have happened [not sure what] but it fixed itself.

Thanks for a great add on :)

Hi.

Good... nice if it works.

Probably there was some error with the update - the previous beta / alpha test version became the official released version... but in the case of Enigma2 test-versions, I already saw that the directories for the plugins were in different paths than usual.

Also, the error could happen when you use a multiboot and it uses symbolic links to directories with plugins (and when these symbolic links or paths are lost for some reason).

Hard to say really since you didn't create a debug file ;-).

• s3n0

Could the picon plugin be adapted to also create virtual symlinks in ServiceReferenceProvider (SRP) format (1_0_19_x_x_.png) that would point to the actual ServiceNameProvider formatted .png (SNP) downloaded ? No extra space required since only symlinks.

This would help with an issue that I have with an Emby Server plugin that expects to see the SRP formatted .png .

h t t ps://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/18999-devvu-enigma2-live-tv-plugin/page/8/#comment-1307135

Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by IamMattM ().

• Hi.

I don't know what exactly you mean.

You have to specify - what doesn't work, what you want to achieve, ... and also how the ChocholousekPicons plugin is related to this, etc. .

It makes the process a bit more complicated if I were to add it to a plugin. There would have to be some kind of conversion table. Someone must then constantly take care of this table and maintain it ( chocholousek - picon designer). And then these symbolic lines... I don't know, um, if it won't cause problems, for example. in some Enigma2 SKINs or in some drivers for the front LCD display... or something similar.

By now, you should be able to find at least one SNP pikon color design that chocholousek (picon designer) put in there. They are background / color picons: "SNPtransaprent". They are probably only available in "220x132" resolution (I don't know exactly, because I don't follow the available picon designs... this is always handled by chocholousek himself).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!