Chocholousek Picons updater (Enigma2 plugin)

There are 411 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 76,562 times. The last Post () by hatters1976.

• I don't see problems in assigning SNP <-> SRP, but in creating a suitable filename for a specific channel, because even if the definition for creating a file name is clear, it may not always be exact (it may not always be the same). There are many similar channel names which, when converted to a file name, will be the same.

Also, using lameDB is not easy, because there is a big mess (inconsistencies) in the content of these files. I have already tried to use lameDB more than once, but some important information is wrong there. LameDB ver.5 is a bit more polished, but something was missing there too. I don't remember what exactly. It is not possible to create a good mapping of SRC (ServiceReferenceCode) to file names, according to DVB channel names. For example, some people use reception from 3 channels at the same time, where there are often 2-3 identical names of the resulting file (after shortening the channel name) for always a different picon. I don't remember exactly, but during various experiments with lameDB file, I always ended up running into an unsolvable problem. That's why I use lameDB files really minimally. For example, some channel names officially present in lameDB are found more than once only because there is an SD version and also an HD version (according to the channel resolution). The first situation is often that the channel names are the same, but the HD and SD channel icons are different. Second, as far as I know, the formula for shortening channel names also includes deleting the final letters "HD" placed separately (after an empty space). Simply put, a lot of problems arise when creating these "abbreviated" channel names.

• Need help with Chocholousek Picons Updater .

Will not istall on PeterPan on my DM two :

screenshot.png

Litek

DreamboxTwo / DreamTV Mini / DM525HD CI+ / DM800SE og v2 / Formuler F4 HD /Allente 1 Box (Altibox+GenIPTV)(PeterPan /OpenPli 8.3/Dream-Elite )Windows 10 /Linux Ubuntu 20.04

Samsung 63"/3D Plasma/Phillips 75 Led(AndroidTV) SmartTV/Samsung 40" Led SmartTV

• Hi.

I don't have and don't use dpkg manager, so I can't advise you with dpkg installation manager.

The problem arises when unpacking the DEB installation package in your used Enigma2 - Peter Pan distribution. I don't know where the problem might be, because the DEB-package with the plugin works almost everywhere.

Copy it to the "/tmp" folder and try the following in Linux Shell. Try to get debug information...

Code
    dpkg -D2 -i /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons_5.0.231225_all.deb

...or just unpack the package...

Code
    cd /tmp
    dpkg --unpack /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-chocholousek-picons_5.0.231225_all.deb

It could easily be some kind of Enigma2 error. I don't know exactly (I don't remember) how the debug is obtained from these systems. I think it is done via "journalctl":

Code
    journalctl --since "1 hour ago"        # the contents of the system log will be displayed from the current time, 1 hour backwards

////////// EDIT:

I noticed that you are using an old version of the plugin. That is not good ! Download and install the latest plugin package (https://github.com/s3n0/e2plug…usekPicons/released_build). The old one (5.0.221007), if it is installed, let it be uninstalled.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!