Dreambox DM920 or any suitable alternative for my requirments?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,378 times. The last Post () by grund.

• Hi everyone, this is my first post on this Forum ... And I have to apologize in advance for the long post:eye-tongue:

My last experience with a serious SAT receiver is back in the years with a Humax 5400IRCI. Last year I reconnected two of the antennas (one 120cm with Stab DiseqC HH120 motor and the second is a toroidal 100cm with multiple LNBs and Diseqc switch) to a couple of Sony TV with integrated DVB-S/S2 receiver. Signal reception is great I'm but channel management on TV devices ask for a Saint patience ...

So I bought a Humax 6800S with the idea to have a decent receiver in terms of management but it's just more than a toy.

I would like to avoid waisting more money, so I'm looking for a receiver with the following characteristics:

- HD and UHD reception

- Primary usage Free to Air channels

- 2x SAT ingress in order to be able to manage motorized antenna and multi-lnb antenna (as described above)

- TVSAT Cam support (I've a GOLD TVSAT CAM currently installed into the HUMAX 6800S ... could be interesting the possibility to emulate my CAM with original card)

- Channel programmability and list creation by an external computer (I don't want to consume my fingers pushing remote buttons)

I've a decent computer skill ...

Is the Dreambox DM920 my only choice or there are suitable alternatives?

I could also take into consideration the possibility to use two separate SAT receivers, one connected to motorized antenna and the other to the multi-LNB toroidal antenna but only in case of a "wonderful" available receiver with single ANT ingress

Thanks in advance. Max

abu baniaz

• Official Post

Welcome to the forum.

Any enigma2 receiver will do what you want with regards to the satellite connections.

You can create/edit your channel list with programs such as E-chanenlizer, dreamboxedit, dreamset. This applies to all Enigma2 receivers.

I am afraid I don't know about tvsat cam so cannot advise.

I don't know much about the DM920. But bear in mind that your choice of images will be restricted as DreamMultimedia went closed source a long time ago. They do have their own image.

The Zgemma's seem to be very good with their driver support lately and they are among the most cost effective at the moment.

In closing, best to check on Cam requirements first. Then look at your other requiremente with regards to internal HDD, onboard wi-fi etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!