HowTo: Convert Standard Picons For Use In Oscam Web Info

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,541 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Official Post

HowTo: Convert Standard Picons For Use In Oscam Web Info

This guide shows how to use the base64picon programme to convert regular E2 picons to .tpl format for use in oscam webinfo, first download the 2 attached files and extract base64picon to your desktop, the second file is a batch file renaming programme & is not required but makes life easier especially if you have many picons to convert.

Now with the base64picon extracted to your desktop copy inside this folder the picons you wish to convert.

We now need to rename the picons to the format reconised in oscam webinfo which is like this

Caid_ChannelId

In this tutorial i am using JSC 1-10 for hotbird Viacces Card, if you look above at the highlighted text below the JSC+3 picon this is the channel ID and the caid of viaccess is 0500 so we rename this picon

0500_2057

Edit: i have since found it easier & more reliable to use an up to date oscam.srvid file to get the correct channel id

Do this for all picons so it looks like this

For the base64picon program to be able to convert your picons it requires them to have the extension .pn so we need to change the extension from .png to .pn

Rather than rename them all manually just use the batch file converter and do the lot in one go.

Here is a screenshot of how to set it up for this.

Now all your picons should have the .pn extension and are ready to convert.

Double click on the base64picon.exe file and a window will appear like this and a new folder will be created named oscam_picons

oscam_picons folder contains your new picons ready for use

• Is there an expression that could be formulated to rename all picons automatically? ie. if 1_0_1 found then rename picon to Caid & whats inbeween the next '_xxxx_'

I'm happy to convert mine but I'm sure some coder could weave a bit of magic!!

• Official Post

Is there an expression that could be formulated to rename all picons automatically? ie. if 1_0_1 found then rename picon to Caid & whats inbeween the next '_xxxx_'

I'm happy to convert mine but I'm sure some coder could weave a bit of magic!!

The batch file renamer can do this, the reason i have left it out the guide is i discovered that not all start the same way.

This is just a basic guide to get people started, im sure others will add to it.

• i got issue here

i got sly uk latest picons in a folder and inside there are too many files.
    example .i got file called
    IC_1_0_1_1A7C_7DD_2_11A0000_0_0_0

now as you said we need to rename it as Caid_ChannelId
    how can i do all of them? its too much to do do 1 but 1
    to get extansion pn from png is not a issue.
    please guide me

• Official Post

I find using an up to date oscam.svrid file is the easiest way. I have gave you all the info needed, if you dont have the time to do them yourself im afraid you will just have to wait until somebody else does and decides to share them.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!