DM920 will not boot to rescue mode.

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,302 times. The last Post () by Riquet065.

• I can't boot my brand new DM920 any more. Had several software errors during configuration and rebooted automatically. Switching from one channel to an other one and again software error and

didn't boot again. Not possible to go to rescue mode any more. Have reinstalled zImage-rescue-3.14-r0-dm920-20190830.bin. Did not help. Is still booting Dream-Elite and freezes when the yellow bar

at the LCD has completed to the right. Can log into the box with Putty both Serial and LAN. Answer on PING. IP address same as before the crash. When trying to access from WEB, "Site refuses to connect". When trying to boot to rescue mode, LED at front button flashes blue one time and then continue to flash red forever. Dreambox is displayed at top of display until yellow bar is completed then display show nothing. Have tested with HDMI, Tuner and SSD in and out. Same result. How can I force the box to boot into Rescue mode? DM920-update-rescue.txtDM920_bootlog.txt

• Official Post

If you can use putty then boot the box and login with putty

Now type init 4 and run command

then type ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 enigma2 and run command

Now you are in debug mode and when debug stops because of crash

scroll up and find the crash info

If you post the crash info here we might be abel to help you :)

Crashinfo usally starts with this text:

Traceback (most recent call last):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Official Post

Hi

Seems like you have problem with the CommonInterface assignment plugin

Do you use CI+ module ? If so try and boot without the CommonInterface attached.

I will have a better look tonight when i am back from work and at home.

• the only simple way to reflash your box you can try to flash from the Service plug Mini-USB-Service-Port (Flash Rescue)

voyger.: A Person with no imagination his a person with no wing."

voyger.:"never make a arguement with an idiot. It will drags you to its own level,and then he will strikes you with His experience."

• Thanks for advice.

When the box crashed I had 2 pcs CI+ modules in. When I couldn't bring the box back up and wasn't able to go to "Rescue mode", I removed the CI+ cards and took the

DM920 to my workshop for investigation. I have reinstalled the old receiver for the TV and using the CI+ cards there. I will now put them back in the DM920 and test.

Same result. See the log: First boot from power ON and from line 841 ENIGMA DEBUG.

DM920_bootCI+_debug.txt

I can go into the DM920 both via the serial interface and the LAN using Putty. Connection via browser to same IP don't work. Refuse to connect.

I have flashed a new rescue loader zImage-rescue-3.14-r0-dm920-20190830.bin. The problem is that I can't boot into the Rescue image.

Is it a way to boot into "zImage-rescue" without using the front switch? It don't respond to any pressing after power ON. It blinks one time blue and then red.

It continues to blink red forever but it responds if I press it. The blinking stops and it is constant on as long as I press. When I release, it goes back to blinking.

If I shall flash a new image via the USB connection I will need a detailed description on how to do it. Or if I can use the LAN connection?

• Official Post

HI

This is how you flash your DM920 with an usb stick

Prepare a usb stick with one of ext3/ext4/fat filesystem and label it DREAMFLASH, then download the latest image for your box, from here and rename it to dreambox-image-dm920.tar.xz and copy it to usb stick. plug the usb to the box and boot to rescue mode and hopefully the image will be flashed to the box.

If everything goes right after booting you may do in telnet

update-rescue -v

to have the latest and functioning rescue image.

Now you can boot into flash mode and flash any image of your choice

Good luck

• Hi,

Have done as you described. Problem is that the DM920 will not boot to rescue mode!

I can read the log in Putty after it has booted the Dream-Elite to the freeze point when I move the

USB-stick from back to front USB connector or vise versa . The USB-stick is recognized.

As long as I am unable to boot to rescue mode I am still stuck.

Do you have a trick to boot to rescue mode without using the front switch/LED?

• Thanks, that worked but did not help!

DM920 went into rescue mode and I uploaded opendreambox latest version.

Rebooted and the box freezes at the same point in the booting.

This starts to look like a hardware fault to my opinion.

I will do some more tests tomorrow.

• Hi,

No CI+ cards are installed during this testing.

Have now again booted to rescue mode with this commands:

echo "rescue" >> /proc/stb/fp/boot_mode

reboot

This time I remembered to remove the "save and restore" configuration.

Flashed Opendreambox again and this time the image booted normally.

One thing: I can still not activate Rescue mode by pressing the front switch direct after Power ON.

With Putty and above commands, rescue mode is entered.

Any suggestion how to make the front switch again work to enter Rescue mode.

It works perfect to switch the box in and out of sleep mode.

• Hello,

I have the same problem my dm920 don't boot an i can't have rescue mode, the led in front flash red red red... if i touch it, it doesn't flash and stay red and if i touch no more cotinue to flash red red red...

Which driver are the good to link usb from computer to Service plug Mini-USB-Service-Port,

the CP210x_Windows_Drivers_with_Serial_Enumeration or the CP210x_Windows_Drivers? And how to reinstalled zImage-rescue-3.14-r0-dm920-20190911.bin?

Thank you

DM920 4k UHD, OpenPli 8.3; Vu+ zero, OpenBlackhole 5.1.012; Vu+ zero 4K, OpenBlackhole 4.3.032

• I read a lot of post, and finaly i didn't need the usb wired.

With DCC-E2 v2.40 i did an IP Scanner, and i saw my DM920 was still here with an ip adress. So i connect it with DCC-E2 and i did the telnet commands i saw there:

echo "rescue" >> /proc/stb/fp/boot_mode

reboot

Thank you master G

DM920 4k UHD, OpenPli 8.3; Vu+ zero, OpenBlackhole 5.1.012; Vu+ zero 4K, OpenBlackhole 4.3.032

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!