Lost PVR after update

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,145 times. The last Post () by kb cool.

• Did the online android update and lost the PVR function in the live TV App. Anyway to fix it?

I can go into Tv headend and start a recording and it works. It's like the Dinobot engineers left out the GUI to start a recording using the remote control. You push the record on the remote and it does nothing. Used to bring up a pop up menu to start your recording. TS record still works.

• I am new to Android on Dinobot 4K Plus. I've connected an external hard disk (NTFS formatted).

I have Android stock version.

If I push the record on the remote, nothing happens. Should anything be enabled somewhare in settings?

Scheduled recordings are not allowed too. In Live TV, if I press the yellow button, a menu pops up. If I add a new recording, the allowed type is only "View", so there is no other option ("recording" I guess).

Can please anyone help?

• My Android firmware was ATV 7 (2018-07-27). Today I did the online android update and now I am with ATV7 (2018-12-21) version.

What version could I go back to? And where can I download it? Is there a reason you don't go back to your previous firmware?

• Thank you. I think I'll try the Normal version.

If I go with the Full version, I am afraid I won't be able to restore everything (will oscam module still be there?)... Besides I've read around that I will have to put the MAC address in a text file on a USB stick, otherwise I'll lose E2.

• I just did the Normal (2018-07-02) and eventually got the PVR function!! Thank you kb cool.

Now let's see if a new online Android update, restoring the PVR function, will be released.

I had also found this ATV7 update (2018-10-17):

http://forum.dinobot.tv/forum.…ad&tid=100&extra=page%3D1

However I haven't tried it yet...

I haven't figured out to view the recording in iOpen ATV. Maybe I need a PVR Plugin?

Press the USB button on the remote to view the recording files (.ts files).

Press and hold the red button to view the timer recordings.

The remote buttons are configurable in OpenATV settings.

• I have now oscam 1.2 (2018-07-27) that is the one present since I purchased my Dinobot (it came with the same Android version: ATV7 2018-07-27). Therefore I guess that oscam is unaffected by Android upgrade (Normal mode), so the December online update did not touch it.

By the way, I don't know what "older RO build" means...

• I fon't know what it means either but. yours is different than the one I have. Anyways I ended up getting my PVR working in Open ATV once I set up the "enhanced movie center" plugin, It actually works pretty decent. Timeshift included.

• I didn't have to configure nothing on OpenATV. EMC ("enhanced movie center") was there out of the box.

Anyway, speaking of Open ATV implementation, this device has 2 flaws, that other device (Xtrend et8000 I own) don't have:

1. If you're watching a DVB-T (terrestrial) channel and if you start an instant recording on that channel, and then you move to a DVB-S (satellite) channel, everything is black, you simply can't watch a DVB-S channel. A workaround is to start the DVB-T (terrestrial) channel recording while you're still watching a DVB-S (satellite) channel.
    2. During a recording playback, jumping forward or backword (key "9" or "7" on the remote control; long press "arrow right" or "arrow left" in alternative) is a nightmere! It simply does not work!

Have you experienced the same flaws?

• I don't use the dvb t tuner. But, yes the rewind and forward doesn't work very well. Pause and play seems fine. I was thinking I need a new faster solid state drive usb 3.0 drive and it might improve things. IDK

• Well, the PVR magically came back with the latest firmware. I think after I set up and completed a timer recording w/ tvheaden is when it happened. I now have onscreen Pvr option and the record button on the remote now works.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!