Less than 4000 channels instead of the advertised 15000 on Edision Primo IP S2

• Last year I purchased 3 Edision Primo IP S2 receivers, one for my C-Band installation, one for the Ku-Band antenna and one intended to be used with IPTV via internet. I have full reception from 75 East until 65 West and large turnable antennas so you might understand that there are many radio and tv stations to be scanned for the settings.

At first I was very enthousiastic because I started with the C-Band antenna, and since I only scan for FTA channels there was no problem of space. It was great to finally see the Russian and other T2-MI streams appear in superb quality.

Unfortunately when I tried to do the same at Ku-Band I found out that after storing around 3600 radio and tv channels nothing more was possible. Initially I thought it was a software problem but a factory reset and new flashing of the software brought no change. The other two samples of the receiver showed exactly the same behaviour, and even when I took the trouble of individually selecting transponders drom satellites instead of doing a "blind scan for FTA only" after around 3600 stored stations (as shown in the "ALL" list) nothing more can be added.

I really don't understand why this takes place. Is the claim for 15000 stations an error? Or is there something I should do? To be clear, I never added anything like apps to the memory, I just the receivers just as they came from Edision.

Can anyone confirm this experience or tell me if it is possible to get the promised 15000 stations that the folder and the Edision website promise?

Edision PRIMO IP S2 H.265 HEVC HD Multi-stream Digital Satellite + IPTV Receiver

Edision Primo IP S2 Firmware and Support.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!