Dinobot 4K + Onkyo AV Receiver issue

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 727 times. The last Post () by Marfalk.

• Hello everyone,

my new Dinobot 4K Plus works just fine when connected to my Panasonic TV (Full HD NOT 4K, bought in 2010) and my other LG TV (Full HD NOT 4K, bought in 2013).

Yesterday I connected the Dinobot to my AV receiver Onkyo TX-SR333 (bought in 2015) but I get no signal at all: everything goes as the Dinobot was not connected.

This happens both for Android and OpenATV 6.3 (both in stock version).

I tried different HDMI cables and different HDMI ports on my Onkyo, but with no luck.:crying:

My Onkyo receiver works perfectly with all other AV sources I have (Panasonic 4K Bluray player, bought in 2018, HTPC, etc...)

Has anyone ever tried to connect the Dinobot 4K Plus to an (Onkyo) AV Receiver? Does it work? I'd like to figure out if it is an Onkyo issue or a Dinobot 4K Plus one...

• Hello I have Dinobot U5 Mini 4K connected to my Onkyo TX-SR555 and it works perfectly. I have connected it to cbl/sat input by using a very good 4K compatible hdmi cable. Please try to check your cable and check if your Onkyo receiver is 4K compatible or not. Your tv is HD and not 4K so direct connection between Dinobot and Tv maybe set the Dinobot output to HD when maybe connection through Onkyo set Dinobot to 4K and if hdmi cable is poor quality stops signal transfer. First of all I would try connection with a 4K certified hdmi cable.

• Thank you johngoodman. I just tried connecting the Dinobot 4K Plus to the Onkyo with a certified 4K cable and the Onkyo to my TV with another 4K certified cable but without success. My Onkyo has a kind of 4K 60Hz support, but I know for sure it is incomplete as it lacks HDCP 2.2 support.

However, as far as I know, HDCP 2.2 should be activated from source only on delivering a 4K resolution signal.

As a matter of fact my Panasonic 4K Blu Ray player works perfectly fine together with my Onkyo and my TV even if delivering a 1080p signal.

• Hi Marfalk as I said all my chain is 4K (Dinobot - Onkyo - Sony Tv) and everything works. I can watch 4K Tv programs on Tv. Did you setup the Onkyo on HD output and the Dinobot too? Because your Tv is not 4K you do not need to output 4K from Dinobot and the Onkyo does not be configured to let passthrough the 4K. Did you try different input on Onkyo? Did you try to use the same input you use for the Panasonic dvd player? On my first use of Dinobot I did not configure anything it worked immediatelly.

I had your problem with Nvidia Shield the first time I connected to Onkyo by using a poor hdmi cable. Black picture. As soon I replaced cable with a better one I could get normal picture

• Hi johngoodman, my Onkyo has no video output setting: it just replicates the one coming form its input(s).

In the past 5 years I've hooked several different devices to my Onkyo and I've never had to configure anything on my Onkyo itself. It always outputs the same video format configured on the source device.

Did you try different input on Onkyo? Did you try to use the same input you use for the Panasonic dvd player?

Yes and yes.

Given that nobody else is reporting a case similar to mine (AV receiver + Full HD only TV) here and so far, I guess that a helpful test would be if you (or someone else reading) could connect your Onkyo to a non-4K capable TV, such as a (full) hd small TV, like those one usually has in the kitchen or in the bedroom....

This way we could figure out if ALL the chain has to be 4K, or just the AV receiver...

Dinobot 4K images

Download openatv, pure2, openhdf images | firmware for Dinobot 4K and Dinobot 4K SE, android, enigma2, satellite and cable linux hd receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!