How do you connect a SF 8008 to wifi

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,095 times. The last Post () by octaju.

• I have tried every way I can to connect the VBox to wifi but I cant find anywhere to put my Wifi network password into the Box. I can connect by Lan but not by Internet.

Does anyone have Easy instructions how to conect this box to Wi Fi.

• first of all, your receiver has the wifi chip?

if yes and you already have your wifi activated from the receiver, than go to "scan wireless network" and find /select your wifi spot.

than return to the "adapter settings" and in the "encryption" select the security system of your router (wep /wpa etc...)

and below this, you can add your wifi key

• I guess long1 has got a single tuner as I do, and I was also sorry when I found out that there is no way to connect it to wi-fi using a wireless usb adaptor. (no "select a network adaptor" option in my box menus)

Or is there any???

octagon sf8008 4K combo

• master G

Added the Label Networking Support
  • I can't connect to wifi in both boot images; openatv 6.4 & define 6.3. only connect through lan. In define 6.3 it says "no wifi device", and in openatv it's always disconnected.

• I think this is due to a setting on the router. The SF 8008 Box can only work in the WiFi range of 2.4 Gh, 5 GH does not find it.
    At 2.4 GH, my router (Fritzbox 7590) always looked for 40m and more through the setting "automatically search for bandwidth".
    The box doesn't like that either. Therefore the router was not found in the 2.4 GH range. When I set the bandwidth to 20m everything was okay.

Please try it too and setting in router DHCP on off, no fixed IP address.

good luck

• My problem arose after updating the device to the latest firmware. Previously it always worked.
    I appreciate your suggestions.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!