best skin recommendation for pure2 images

There are 78 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,571 times. The last Post () by johnnylarue167.

• Hello

I have installed pure2 image on my DM820, everything is ok except that i dont like default skin of pure2 (6.3) image. So i need receommendation of experts that which is the best skin (other than default) to use with pure2 6.3/6.2 images.:cool1:

Thanks

• The Best skin for Pur is Estauary !!! Every menue is sign in this skin . If you absolutly not will take this skin try under Extensions aihd controller2,99 Pich Mod skin selection and try one of this , but please don`t call for help if not everything signed perfekt :hypnotised:

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• One needs to know one's needs first...

For full FNC plugins compatibility Estuary, the default skin, is always the best bet!

If one has some needs that can not be catered for by Estuary, then maybe: How to get PiG/Channel preview in channel list?

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thanks for expert opinion, from above it is clear that default skin is the best and compatible with FNC plugins. So i think that it should not be changed else there may be issues. So i will stay with the default skin.:smiling:

• At the Moment we work for 6,4 . better is the wrong question . last Info from delfi was at the moment the 6.3 is the version with the best driver and source , but both Manufacturs are not really supportet because they don`T work with us . So i think you have to try and look wich on is the best .

You can try to use openmultiboot and install both

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• Since you are developing new 6.4 version. I have few suggestion:

1. last 02 versions i.e 6.2 and 6.3 share same default skin. I hope that new version would launch with new skin.

2. Dolby digital/DTS sound should be incorporated in the new version

Thanks

• If you have the time, you're free to do a new skin... Our skinner is otherwise engaged and frankly it is NOT needed!

DTS depends on HW/drivers/codecs, not the skin, me (a non-techie) would say...

For instance, if you have a receiver that can handle DD/DTS - it is working at my end. Some files (concerts I have) work through a receiver (DTS downmix ==> OFF) and some files (MKV, Billy Idol in Chicago) work either way (OFF or ON)...

Mind, not in every file, for whatever reason, i.e. one would need to find out exactly which codec is involved etc.... Some of my concerts were DTS and working (Clapton "One more car, one more rider") but others are not. And some others not only do they not work but do not even show an audio channel at all (Beyoncee "Tonight I'm yours" or whatever the title, I got it only for testing purposes). I presume it is something else, not the skin!

I just tested it for hours, just for you... Zgemma H7, btw...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• A gorgeous, luscious, deep red... lonoooog time not seen...:cool1:

• gorski grrr

just installed latest pure2 on my vuzero 4k (in multiboot)

21:42:24.9794 { } /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/util.py:815 untilConcludes 2019-12-16 21:42:24+0100 [-] [SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'VBMain'>

21:42:24.9806 { } /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/util.py:815 untilConcludes 2019-12-16 21:42:24+0100 [-] [SKIN] processing screen <embedded-in-'VBMain'>:

21:42:24.9823 { } /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/util.py:815 untilConcludes 2019-12-16 21:42:24+0100 [-] [SKIN] processing screen SimpleSummary:

21:42:24.9866 { } /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/util.py:815 untilConcludes 2019-12-16 21:42:24+0100 [-] [SCREENNAME] ['VBMain_summary', 'SimpleSummary']

21:42:24.9875 { } /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/util.py:815 untilConcludes 2019-12-16 21:42:24+0100 [-] [SCREENNAME] VBMain

21:42:24.9913 { } /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/util.py:815 untilConcludes 2019-12-16 21:42:24+0100 [-] Starting factory <HTTPClientFactory: http://weather.service.msn.com…ealocations=wc%3AGMXX0053>

21:42:27.0963 [ ] gdi/grc.cpp:211 thread [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!

21:42:27.4722 [ ] bsod.cpp:402 print_backtrace Backtrace:

21:42:27.4724 [ ] bsod.cpp:410 print_backtrace /usr/bin/enigma2(_Z17handleFatalSignaliP9siginfo_tPv) [0x86878]

21:42:27.4725 [ ] bsod.cpp:410 print_backtrace /lib/libc.so.6(__default_rt_sa_restorer) [0xB6185E20]

21:42:27.4726 [ ] bsod.cpp:422 handleFatalSignal -------FATAL SIGNAL

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I know, sometimes this happens, as we don't have these boxes... Sorry, I can't help you there, probably Delfi can but even he hasn't got the box, so...

And you know the kind of gargantuan struggle it is to get one.... I needn't explain...

But perhaps you succeed, given you have one?

Best of luck!!! :)

• Btw, when I tested various skins I noticed it is better not to delete Estuary, as other skins will use some of the common libs...

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!