2x DVB-C + 2x Providers - Help.

There are 94 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,069 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• What and how it works (OpenPLi 7.2):

1. Tuner B - the first cable provider ( few programs in Favorites list)

2. Tuner C -the second cable provider ( many programs in Favorites list)

3. Install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-slowzap_0.8_all.ipk 1.0.0 and restart receiver

4. On Menu\System\Customize use:

a. Preferred tuner: Tuner C

b. Preferred tuner DVB-C: Tuner C

61269c2b221374d.jpg

5. Manual scan Tuner B

6. Add programs to Favorites

7. On Menu\Setup\ Softcam/Ci\ Slow zap for CI:

a. Activate slow zap: on

b. Use alternative priority tuner: Tuner B

eb4a6e0261846cc2f7.jpg

d330d.jpg

66ac3e09950a92e4d23e66.jpg

c. Press OK on Add services

d. Add Channel

aded5.jpg

e. Find your channels (one by one in my case from Favorites) and press Ok

b5b635f007262fc8f6.jpg

f. Press OK to save in Service list setup

10736938210b72c7f2.jpg

g. exit

8. Manual scan Tuner C

9. Add programs to Favorites (from last scanned/Tuner C )

Now it works:

4a346b80c77ff874d8a8182a.jpg

c7c50620342e8c047.jpg

What doesn't work:

Remote channel stream converter cannot run channel from Tuner B ( remember that I set Tuner C as Preferred tuner DVB-C. See 4.a and 4.b).

Next step:

I am waiting for combiner. I will combine cables ( combined but not mixed) and split to both tuners.

• I luv happy-endings... :crying1::eye-tongue::P:party-time::thumbup:

My guess with splitter/combiner is you have 2 ways of trying it out and you will need a few of those pieces to get a successful outcome...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Btw, I am also a sucker for people coming back and NOT just saying "I did it" and pissing off!

You came back and properly explained and documented it!:thumbup:

Well bloody done, that's the spirit!!!:cool1:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Official Post

What doesn't work:

Remote channel stream converter cannot run channel from Tuner B ( remember that I set Tuner C as Preferred tuner DVB-C. See 4.a and 4.b).

How are you using RCSC? It is for importing channels from another receiver. Maybe you are not doing things the best way.

You were meant to use one receiver with Provider A signal wire. Another receiver with provider B signal wire. Each receiver works fine on its own provider using the physical tuners. When you import Bouquets from other receiver (do on both), you will use tuner on the correct signal wire for the provider.

• I use another receiver DM800SE with no Provider signal Wire but connected to the same network as my zgemma H7C. I imported from H7C the Favorites to DM800SE.

On DM800SE I can see any channel from only one tuner ( tuner C in my case, Preferred tuner). It doesn't open channels from tuner B.

I will try different settings on Customize ( Preferred tuner & Preferred tuner DVB-C).

• That's about it. The limit... If it (800HD SE) imports the Favs which you made (on H7C) of both providers and if it can't play from both tuners/providers...

Unless you can combine it (2 cable coaxes) successfully with HW (combiner) to a single (H7C) tuner and get it all to stream (via LAN) to the other receiver (800HD SE)...

I think... ;)

• Official Post

So you are not doing what I suggested but said you are doing so.

An option for you until you get the combiner. Start afresh remove all bouquets and lamedb and the other plugin.

Hardware

Connect provider 1 signal wire to Dreambox.

Connect provider 2 signal wire to ALL Zgemma tuners using splitter

So, each box only has physical access to signal from one DVB-C provider. You won't get Tune failed messages.

Bouquets on box for hooked up signal

Create bouquet for provider 1 on DM. Use distinct name

Create bouquets for provider 2 On Zgemma. Use distinct name

Bouquets for remote bouquets. Ie what box does not physically have

Install RCSC on both boxes

On Zgemma, import bouquets from DM

On DM, import bouquets from Zgemma if you will be physically watching from this box. If you will not be watching from HDMI of this box, leave it to one sid

Result on Zgemma should be:

Select DVB-C provider 2 -> Will use the tuners on Zgemma box

Select DVB_C Provider 1-> Will stream from DM. View using Zgemma

Any other receiver in house

Install RCSC

Import Provider 1 from DM

Import Provider 2 from Zgemma

• Abu, isn't DM800SE only Sat TV STB?

• OK, I re-read the thread and it seems there is another solution to this story...

OP has 5 boxes.

3 DB800HD SE (only Sat TV, I think).

1 H7C (2 x DVB-C/T2 and 1 x DVB-S2X)

1 H7S (2 x DVB-S2X and 1 x DVB-C/T2)

He also has 2 x cable provider at his property and

1 satellite dish (we don't know if LNB(s) is(are) single, duo, quad or octa?

So, my solution is:

1) your satellite dish can feed DVB-S2X tuner(s) in H7S and

1a) one cable provider to the DVB-C/T2 tuner.

2) the other Cable provider can go to the H7C STB

2a) if you have terrestrial cable/aerial, you can feed it to the other DVB-C/T2 tuner.

3) Depending on LNB(s) you can feed more than one tuner with the satellite signal...

4) Stream via LAN to your DB800HD SE boxes as you please... ;)

• Ok. My DMs have triple tuner (DVBS, DVBC, DVBT) . LNB quad ( only 3 can be used). I dont use DVBT at all

My configuration (connection) is :

1. DM800- 1xDVBS + 1xDVBC (Digi) + import DVBC (orange) from H7C

2. Zgemma H7S - 1xDVBS + 1xDVBC (Digi) + import DVBC (orange) from H7C

3. Zgemma H7c - 1xDVBS + 1xDVBC (Digi) + 1xDVBC (orange)

4. DM800 - Import DVBS + DVBC (Digi) + DVBC (orange) from H7C

5. DM800- free. I dont want to use it.

So , regarding no.4: I can put DVBC(Digi) on tuner , Import DVBC (orange) from H7C, and import DVBS from H7c, H7S and DM from N0.1.

BUT to import DVBC (Orange) from H7C to all others receivers, I have to put it as preferred Tuner DVBC.

@abu baniaz: I got your point.

• Why can't you use the forth port in Quad LNB? I have 12 of them installed (I used to have 16) and all work fine, all 4 "outs"...

• Dimitrij just published a new version of the plugin - 1.1...

Dimitrij: "Slow zap for CI".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ver. 1.1

• OpenPLi forum, this is where Dimitrij posts them... ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!