Oscam lost channels when writing keys

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 719 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hi guys. Happy holidays.

Running the latest oscam-emu on an os mio 4k.

What I'm seeing is that when oscam writes keys at the bottom of the softcam.key file with the following format, I lose channels in them.
    Ex:
    P 0103012C 01 0123456789ABCD ; added by Emu Sat Dec 7 20:40:59 2019 UA: 005896D4

It seems that any time 0123456..... is written, the channels ( SID xxxx012c) wont clear any more. And many SID's with the key is being written for that group.
    Opening and editing softcam.key and deleting the 0123456789ABCD related keys then restarting will let the channels clear again.
    Any suggestions? Is there a way to keep them from being written?

Also it's been discussed before. What exactly is this message and can it be fixed? I'm using only emulator to open pv channels with no cards being used.
    OSCam r11572-798 (Livelog)
    (dvbapi) ERROR: error on poll of 3 fd's (errno=2 No such file or directory)

fd? What is that? Why the error and what is being polled?

I know. I can read about it. But you guys are so much better at explaining it in terms I can grasp.

• Okay. Kind of fixed. I changed the group on channels that stopped working after the 012345678....key write at the bottom of the key file.
    Instead of giving the channels group 0103 which stopped working I changed them to group 1103. Seems to have fixed it for now. First time I noticed it happening though.
    Now to understand what the fd poll error means.
    And further discuss the new method of softcam key format. That is sort of fuzzy to understand.
    I need to add that the channels that got wiped were actually on another tp also.

Should I start a new thread on the new method for softcam keys?

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!