Suggest best enigma2 box for 4K content 2022

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,023 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Hi everyone need some advice if possible atm I have a vu duo2 box and I need to upgrade it as I just got myself a new tv sound bar and new sud which has loads of 4K content but guess what my box doesn’t support it so what’s the best enigma / Linx box to go for many thanks. Drebs

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Box help” to “Suggest best enigma2 box for 4K content”.
  • Zgemma have the H10 coming with Android TV, dual boot and Bluetooth voice remote. Should be release January. I’d personally wait to see what that’s like.

That very promising news, but I wonder what will happen if more TV Sat providers will go same way as SKY UK?

I have SKY UK but I can't watch on my VU+ uno 4K SE receiver. I can watch only on original rubbish SKYQ.

How long till 99% Sat TV Providers will be use this same method? Independent sat receivers will be finish?

• That is against the EU rules but Mierdoch never gave a flying f*&% about any kind of law...

The fact the Commission is tolerating what these guys have done (Mierdoch is gone from the UK's satellite business now but the same idea continues) and are continuing to do, means they are corrupt and incompetent in more ways than one, sadly...

Still, plenty of providers in CS + Emu are OK (especially with OSCam Emu Ccache) and one can exchange over a border-line without harming anyone's interests, for as long as Holywood/USofA dictates to the EU the rules of engagement, i.e. torpedoing the core EU idea of a "common, unified market", forcing it into feudal territories...

It's just the really nasty, greedy buggers are creating these kinds of problems in order to have HW monopoly, which screws us, the consumers, as we can't choose a HW on which to watch our subscriptions and then they can charge higher prices for their HW. That was the point of opening up various providers to various equipment, i.e. making it mandatory for the providers to give consumers a choice (multiple STBs, more universal types, CI CAMs for various encryption systems etc.) but... One law for the rich and mighty, another for the rest of us...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hi everyone need some advice if possible atm I have a vu duo2 box and I need to upgrade it as I just got myself a new tv sound bar and new sud which has loads of 4K content but guess what my box doesn’t support it so what’s the best enigma / Linx box to go for many thanks. Drebs

It depends on what are you actually doing with it, i.e. what are your needs, really?

IPTV or Sat TV or cable TV or Terrestrial TV or some combination...???

If it is IPTV - which codecs do they use precisely? Can you check?

We can help but we need detailed info...

Broadly speaking Zgemma H7 triple tuner (DVB-S2X/C/T2) with HDD/SSD slot, multistreaming, card reader, CI CAM slot, 264/265 and tons of other stuff is the best to my mind but it may not be what you need...

Just have a look:

Specification

FEATURES
    • Linux Operating System
    • Multimedia plug-in supported
    • CVBS video mit R/L Audio
    • Spdif Optical Audio
    • USB3.0 and USB2.0
    • 1 Gbit Ethernet Interface
    • Advanced EPG (Electronic Program Guide
    • User-friendly linux Menu syste
    • Full automatic service scan
    • Various OSD skins supported
    • Various Channel Editing Programs
    • Easy and fast software-upgrade via USB or Internet
    • 4-digit 7segment display LED
    • Low deep-standby power consumption under 1 W
    Specification
    • ARM Brahma 15 Dual Core 1700Mhz 12K DMIPS
    • BCM7251S Dual Core Mainchipest
    • QT STALKER plugin
    • More than 4.01x linux kernel
    • 2*DVB-S2/S2X + DVB-T2/C Hybrid tuner built-in
    • HDMI Connection
    • AV Connection
    • Support 4K- 2160p
    • MPEG-2 / H.264 and H.265 Hardware Decoding
    • HD HEVC / H.265 2160p60 Main-10 multi-format decoder
    • Intemal 2.5” HDD Sata3 bracket (HDD Optional)
    • 1 x Smartcad-Reader
    • 1 x Common Interface slot
    • 1 x USB3.0 and 2 x USB2.0
    • SPDIF for digital bit stream out(optical)
    • 4GB EMMC NAND Flash/ 1GB DDR3
    • Timeshift
    • Electronic TV programmes ( EPG ) support
    • Parental Control
    • Plugin Service
    • OSD into many languages and graphics (Skins)
    • Webinterface, WEB Remotcontrol
    • DISEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 22Khz and USAL's
    • External power supply12V 2.5A
    PACKING
    • 1 x Zgemma H7S box
    • 1 x Remote Controller
    • 1 x Power Supply
    • 1 x HDMI Cable
    • 1 x User Manual

H10 - to be honest - is not coming out until corona virus is off the menu, as Chinese workers are not in the factories... April? Who knows...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Suggest best enigma2 box for 4K content” to “Suggest best enigma2 box for 4K content 2022”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!