H7S won’t play 4k channel

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,493 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• Sorry, a 2 minute recording of a black screen with audio didn't seem to make much sense. lol

• Only the latest Broadcom chipsets (those used in Zero4K and Duo4K for example) support 4K H.264.

However the downside to that, is they do not support Mpeg1.

I think there are some HiSilicon chips that also support H.264 4K but i've no experience with them.

• Yes I was mistaken in saying that all Broadcom chips wont open 4K encoded in H264, more accurately MOST Broadcom chips in use wont.

Only the very latest Broadcom chips will and these chips are used in the Zero 4K and the Duo4K

Regardless, the fact remains that apart from these two boxes ( or any other boxes with this chip type ) with the Broadcom BCM 72604 1.5Ghz Dual Core will open 4K streams encoded in H264, any boxes that dont have this chip WILL NOT open 4K streams encoded in H264 and will only open 4K streams encoded in H265

There maybe some Hisilicon chips too that will open streams in 4K H.264, but the vast majority of boxes currently in use cannot open 4K H264

• There maybe some Hisilicon chips too that will open streams in 4K H.264, but the vast majority of boxes currently in use cannot open 4K H264

Well, the Combo, which is Hisilicon, works with this stream type. The H9S, Octagon SF8008 and Amiko Viper4k all work from personal experience, but I believe they all run identical chipsets.

• Yes.

The reviewed Zero you posted a link to is not the Zero 4k

Only 4K boxes not using the Broadcom processor can handle 4K encoded using H264, all 4K boxes can handle 4K encoded using H265

Hi Izn, Folks,

I am having same problem. I am using OPEN PLI 7.2 on a Zgemma 7C 4K. As you can see from the specs they claim to handle H264....Do you have a clue why I cannot see it??? below more details

Box specs

• Support 4K- 2160p
    • MPEG-2 / H.264 and H.265 Hardware Decoding
    • HD HEVC / H.265 2160p60

I have an IPTV provider that has recently updated the bouquet with some films 4K on demand. Unfortunately 90% of this video on demand are not correctly played, basically I have no video, only sound.

info on the file

• code H264 MPEG4 AVC
    • resolution 3840x1600
    • 30 FPS

The very same video is perfectly working if I use another box android, or if I play it via my android Tablet of gsm. I have also downloaded the very same video on my pc and streamed on the TV also working. I wanted to try to put the video on the stick and plug it in Zgemma box but I had to format the stick extFAT due to the file size making it unreadable for the box.

How can I make this video on demand playable?

Thanks for your help

• Here is something I prepared earlier, hope it helps (most of it is in PurE2 and Zgemma H7 sections, where you will get a lot of quality help, like this)...

0) Even if this doesn't work, one doesn't lose anything! In fact, one gains, whatever the outcome... So, install PurE2 on one of the 4 internal partitions you have in H7 like this > H7S MultiBoot "How To" - installing multiple images in H7S's internal flash!

...and then try as follows:

1) While installing FNC plugins from MENU > Plugins > green button > Extensions > one will automatically get several additional plugins installed, like Media Player2, ServiceApp, FFmpeg and SubSupport.

2) One should set up SubSupport either in (just) one of FNC plugins and it will be set for all plugins or in MENU > Plugins > SubSupport settings > Subtitle search settings.

136230-b4c8ce596519ac-jpg

3) Now, if one has ServiceApp installed one can choose an Enigma2 playback player: MENU > Setup > System > ServiceApp > Enigma2 playback system > gstplayer/exteplayer3/original. This is setting a priority player for streaming and playback and one of those OUGHT TO WORK in your case.

136231-9862bb7fbe6b2bcd40002-jpg

4) Please, note that there is some geo-blocking sometimes, so one should also use a VPN service, for protection and to open some services: use a German IP address for Filme and Serien FNC plugins.

Best and cheapest I found for our hobby is: PROTECT YOUR STB WITH SURFSHARK VPN SERVICE - post no. 2!

For Filmler, one should use a Turkish VPN address, of course... and hope for the best..

Best plugin for that - of those I have tested so far - is:

VPN Manager by Murxer: [Plugin] VPN Manager - post 14 and onward...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

Are you saying service app will play the codec in question gorski ??

I have asked several times for peeps complaining about this issue to attach a 1 minute sample of the stream / file that will not play but no one has.

• ....and I don't have those services, so we can only answer in principle... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!