Vu+ Duo will not start......

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,873 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• My Vu+ Dou has worked fine sins the beginning. The Image was Black Hole 1.4.5with no problems. The other day I shutted it down , and when I started it again I had a big green screen with a lots of text. After that I could not start the machine, the Black Hole loggo came up, and after that green screen. I tried to put in the latest Image, BH 1.7.4 in the USB but it would not accept it. Then I tried to upgrade the Bootloader with "duo cfe Rev 3.0" after that I Vu+ accept the USB with the Image BH 1.7.4. But it will not start.!! In the display I read "Starting....." and nothing more happends, and I waited a loooong time.
    So what is wrong?? Any ideas??
    Tahoe

• Reformat the usb drive and try again. Make sure no other usb ports have pen drives etc connected. You could also try flashing the original VU image and before someone else says it, 1st post goes to introductions.

• I tried to put in the latest Image, BH 1.7.4 in the USB but it would not accept it. Then I tried to upgrade the Bootloader with "duo cfe Rev 3.0" after that I Vu+ accept the USB with the Image BH 1.7.4. But it will not start.!!

The bootloader should have been updated first,before you tried to flash on the latest image.Try to update the bootloader again,it should do it very quickly.Then when you switch the box off let it sit for at least 5 mins before trying to turn it back on again,my own duo wll not start up immediately after being swtched on/off,i read somewhere that this is do with protecting the PSU.

When you have updated the bootloader then try as suggested to flash on the latest image with no other usb's attached to the box.

Try that and let us know how you get on.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• The bootloader should have been updated first,before you tried to flash on the latest image.Try to update the bootloader again,it should do it very quickly.Then when you switch the box off let it sit for at least 5 mins before trying to turn it back on again,my own duo wll not start up immediately after being swtched on/off,i read somewhere that this is do with protecting the PSU.

When you have updated the bootloader then try as suggested to flash on the latest image with no other usb's attached to the box.

Try that and let us know how you get on.

Now I have updated the bootloader, rebooted, and I have put in the new Image BH 1.7.4. Switch of the machine for 5 minutes, and then reboot , nothing happends, just the word "starting......." in the display, for 1 hour now. :-( It looks no good....... More ideas please.
    Tahoe

• That is a classic syndrome of USB no properly formatted.....
    try another USB stick with exactly what you have been advised above ,,,
    there´s not a lot else unless its a clone in which case would need to be patched first...

• -re Download image , and make sure its complete!
    -Format the USB (erase =Quick format)
    -Extract zip-files directly to USB!
    -Insert USB,,,etc!

Make sure no other USB is connected!
    For 1.74 PU you need 1 USB mounted as /media/universe!

RgdZ
    a911

• Now I have tried with the formated USB-stick BH 1.7.4 same result, BH 1.7.2 same result and a original Image 7,0 same result..... Just "starting..." in the display. Now I shall try Super Mod´s idea McKee´s backup somthing. I´ll be back ;-)
    Tahoe

• After this ,it sounds to me that you are not updating via USB according to the instructions:

OR the USB stick is not adequate for the job!!!! try another usb stick..

• Finaly, Yihaaaa it´s alive......... I solved it this way. I simply changed to my Laptop and did the same thing. I formated the USB`s in my Laptop, one with the bootloader upgrade and the other one with BH 1.7.4. First I updated the bootloader, reboot and shut down the Vu for 5 minutes, just in case..... After that I put in the USB stick with the BH Image, reboot and shut down the Vu for 1-2 minutes. Started up the Vu, and now it was a very thrilling moment ...... First it came "Starting..." in the display, not again I thougt, but in just a moment it changed the text to VU+ Duo and I hade a picture on my screen, and I started the configuration, so the problem is solved, and I am very happy :-)
    Tahoe

• Glad you were able to get the problem sorted buddy,persistance paid off!!

I will close this thread now that your box is up and running again.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!