New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 136,401 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• They acted the same way, when they came up with XBMC4STB, sadly... And I should know, they asked me to help with Ruby... It was an unholy mess... sadly...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

So what you are saying is that the code is closed and therfore you compare with DMM?

• Please, do not think of my post as disrespectful to you in any way. This is about Marusys. Period.

They attacked DMM because they wanted to close the code for E2.

Then, they did the same with XBMC4STB. Even us, a Team that they asked to help, got sweet f#*& all from them. What does that look like, m8? Trust? Openness towards the community they depend on? They wanted us to help but tied both our hands behind our backs and blindfolded us, while trying to deal with already outdated HW and their seriously twisted SW for Ruby. How is this building trust, how is this respectful? I even offered to sign NDAs and all - and guess what was their answer... They would rather f*&%# over many users who bought the box than to do the right thing!

Sorry, they also took community's code (XBMC) and tried marrying it to another community code (E2) - and DMM tried to stop them there. They fought it. I supported their fight against DMM. Then, they turn 180 degrees and in a heartbeat do the same - corporate BS!

Now, if you still want to defend them blindly, that's up to you, of course. I am not a tribal man. sorry... I see something that's wrong - I say so. My own Team sometimes goes nuts with me but that's me... I think critically and I stand for what I believe in... Unless I am shown a better option/interpretation. I go by rational arguments, not tribal bias...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Official Post

First of all you have not disrespected me in any way :) i asked a question and you gave your honest opinion, thats respect :thumbup:

I asked the question because i did not now the background for your claim that Vu+ is like DMM

but after reading your answer i can see why you have a diffrent opinion abut this then i do :)

Thanks for answering a moderator a question totaly out of topic i have warned my self and will bann my self if i do it again :chuckle:

• HEHEHEHEEE!!!! :P:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::laugh1: That's the best answer one could possibly hope for!!!:thumbup::don-t_mention:

• Hi

I’m using the latest image on my Octagon SF4008, I installed Kodi 18, and it starat fine , BUT when I try to play any video, the player start and then noting happen no video(black screen) no audio.

Any suggestion what can help?

PS: I have exactly same issue what all other images.

Octagon SF4008, OpenATV 6.4, SatDreamGr 8.0, PurE2 6.5 OSCam, Ncam

STAB HH120, Triax TD110

5.0 W, 0.8 W, 4.8E, 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E

• Probably drivers issue... Everyone waiting for a patch...

FWIW: a post from our mother-forum (online translation from German):

I have to say that the kodi works perfectly on sf8008, there are no crashes and receiver performance is excellent.
    Image runs very well and stably, only minor shortcomings menu tour is partly German and partly English.

I have still one question:
    Where can you enter data for a kodi account, eg for series streams?
    It would be easiest with ftp program if this is possible.

• I dont know if that can help, or if that is an issue, but what resolution is set in image, if is1080 try change in 720

just guessing, nothing else

• Thanks deanpez

The issue is not the resolution.

I find out the issue is because my video files are on the NAS , Kodi plays fine local files.

STAB HH120, Triax TD110

• There are different ways of adding shared folders from various devices to Kodi...

Which did you try?

• hello, sorry if I disturb you, I would like to know about pure2 6.5 box zgemma h9 combo ,and ffmpeg is already present, but I have not understood which player works with gstreamer or extplayer3 I have not viewed serviceapp I have to play streaming content so I need almost all codecs,is it not possible to fast forward on vod ????

• Post no. 34 beps > Fabulous FNC plugins by Franc (for PurE2 users)!!!

While installing FNC plugins from MENU > Plugins > green button > Extensions > one will automatically get several additional plugins installed, like ServiceApp, FFmpeg and SubSupport.

Now, if one has ServiceApp installed one can choose an Enigma2 playback player: MENU > Setup > System > ServiceApp > Enigma2 playback system > gstplayer/exteplayer3/original. This is setting a priority player for streaming and playback.

136231-9862bb7fbe6b2bcd40002-jpg

OK?

P.S. I do not have those (IPTV streaming VOD) services but...

If >> and << buttons do not work, have you tried 1, 4, 7 for RW and 3, 6, 9 for FF?

If not, have you searched for an additional plugin for this in Extensions or System?

I tested just now, in my H9 Twin, with PurE2 v. 6.5, using Ciefp's channel list > VOD > using Exteplayer3 in ServiceApp and nothing started...

When I tried changing from Exteplayer3 > I first got 2 BSODs but I managed to change to gstplayer... Pink Panther started but I could not use any buttons to FF or RW, sadly...

Plugins > Extensions > Seekbar-mod > nothing happens after reboot - I can't see this plugin...

• There are different ways of adding shared folders from various devices to Kodi...

Which did you try?

I got it to work.

You must mount the share under root. It works fine with small files but, 2160P HDR blue ray rip crash it, I think it is because my receiver (SF4004) is not powerful enough.

STAB HH120, Triax TD110

• I have been using the 6.3 image on my H7 zgemma for a while now without any problems, i recently tried the 6.5 image to give some feedback, all was well untill it froze a few times, had to use the rear switch to get it back, also i couldn't get the fast forward or back with the ok button to work as the 6.3, is there a setting to change?

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!