New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 137,687 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• Official Post

bestman22 Well if your IPTV works with your Zero 4K and PLi image using XC, Xstreamity or JediMakerXstream.

They should all work just fine with Pure2 and you should be able to watch all live streams and most of the VOD.

Believe me it works really fine. But with Pure2, It takes some time in changing or zapping channels.

I really want to use Pure2.

OpenPli is known for being the best for IPTV .... if that is all you want to do on your e2 box is iptv then stick with openpli. There image is basic and uncluttered. If you have a specific pure2 issue then post details it, but do not expect the images to work in the same way, they are completely different.

• That depends on the HW, kernel, drivers, manufacturer support more than anything... If an STB is weak, i.e. its processor is poor = hasn't enough computing power, doesn't have enough RAM, kernel is not great at managing RAM, drivers are not OK, codec is not supported on HW Level and the SW included in an image, you want to run VPN at the same time... then of course it's not OK...

Vu are well known for all kinds of problems of that kind and their team has exclusivity. So, then... We neither have the boxes, no support from the manufacturers, our coders are working in a blind mode... what can one expect?!? Frankly, if it were up to me, I would have stopped Vu support a long time ago, together with DMM!

OpenPLi is better for older, weaker machines because of things seagen mentioned. But when it comes to capable, versatile, modern images - I'm afraid if you want those, you better change that poor box of yours...

Zgemma H7 (and OEM boxes, like 51 lot), Zgemma H9 Combo and Twin and maybe a few others, which I do not have, so can't say for sure - but this is what you should buy. Sell yours to somebody whose needs and expectations are lower than yours and enjoy PurE2...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

I told about the intended use of the Zero 4K and that i also think that this should be better informed by thoose selling this UHD Zapper

but to call it poor is totaly wrong. This is a fast little devil and when used as intended. The Zero 4K is excellent.

It was the first to fully support Multistream and blind scan. It works very good with the Pure2 image both as the Sat/cable and live IPTV

Probably better then most others out there. But yes it does not play avi containers, but there is no need for that since the .mkv

is the standard for 99% of all VOD and all Devices record .ts format. Xvid and DivX is old and outdated

So bestman22 have a little patience with the Pure2 Team and wait until the 6.5 image is finally tweaked. Or get another IPTV Provider.

In my testing for KiddaC and his plugin Xstreamity i cant see any diffrence from the Zero 4K to my Uno4Kse or DreamOne UHD that are

a monster of hardware, cpu, ram and so on compare to all the other suggested devices.

General in my testing i cant see any diffrence in speed between PLi and all the other images.

• Ach, we are talking about this one: https://iptvhelpcenter.com/d/vu-zero-4k and I was thinking about the one with 750MHz dual thread processor...?? Misunderstanding...

Nevertheless, Multistream was working OK? We were getting reports of that function being not so OK on Vus, due to their drivers, whereas the same tuners were working properly in H7/51 OEMs...

On the other hand, I have to be consistent here: if I object to not adding support for avis etc. to other boxes, I must object to it in this one, too... A firm so big, with so many "experts" not being able to add it.... sorry, I don't buy it...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Sometimes in ServiceApp Exteplayer3 works better but sometimes it's GSTplayer...

But then again, are these "IPTV providers" setting everything up properly at their end?

For instance, EPG is being sent and how exactly etc. etc.? Too many users? Now that everyone is at home...

Or at user's end, using Picons, EPG, how exactly, where do you send them, do you have enough ROM & RAM for it etc.

There are many variables and one must go into details, as the Devil lies there... ;)

• Official Post

gorski I know that you and me have allredy agree to disagree about Vu+ ;) :)

But we can agree at one thing, It works very good with Pure2 image. And bestman22 having a slow IPTV provider.

And jenseneverest there was an advatage for Pli early when IPTV arravide because they where first with serviceApp plugin.

Today all OE 2.0 builds have this plugin. Also my opinion is, if your provider cant deliver good IPTV where you need any third-party plugin

well then say thanks and move on to the next one ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vu+ announced the Zero 4K at the Anga Cable and Satellite fair in May 2017 and it was in the market early 2018

Hardware:

• 1.5 GHz ARM Dual-Core Processor
    • 4GB Flash (eMMC)
    • 2GB DDR4 DRAM
    • LAN (10/100 MBit/s)
    • 1x Single DVB-S2X Multistream tuner (Single DVB-C version also available)
    • HDMI 2.0

HDR10/HLG support 1x Common-Interface 1x Smartcard-Reader (Xcrypt) 1x USB 2.0 S/PDIF audio output optical (digital) DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2, USALS External 12V power supply Power Switch Fanless Silent Operation

If you want to now more abut the Zero 4K and its harware read the excellent review by Ev0

• Post no. 324, seagen - I have said the same thing when it comes to raw power, it was a misunderstanding... and I put up the link to the correct STB, so as to remove any grounds for further misunderstanding (the 4K version of the box with a very similar name)... ;)

But when it comes to drivers for it... Oh, well... I can only go with reports we were getting, reading on forums etc. And they were not so good... Sorry but that has to be said... Even from their partners, like OpenPLi coders - lots and lots of criticism, not being responsive, not dealing with issues, ignoring reports and so on...That is a rational ground on which I object to their SW for those STBs...

Just to add: DuckTales Team was the one, to my "knolwedge", to develop an OS based in FFmpeg for SH4 boxes, rather than Gstreamer - and from that Alien1/2 got an E2 image by All Russian Project (ARP), then others have picked up on that, like SSS, who developed E2iPlayer with Exteplayer3 etc. Some developers connected to OpenPLi picked up on that and ServiceApp was created but not exactly the first ones to integrate FFmpeg etc. ;)

• Thank you all.

I am waiting for Pure2 6.5.

Thanks again for all your informative replies.

• Official Post

Okey gorski we are so far of topics now that i have to give you the last word or else i have to deliver on my last promise to you

and ban my self :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

But i can say as much as this. Pure2 works very good and stable on all Vu+ devices :thumbup:

• Hehe, no Sir, please, have the last word - since you're so generous about Vu and PurE2...:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

The thing is, I must admit, there are problems, given the Team has no Vus....

So, kindly thank you!!!:thumbup:

• Official Post

Okey i banned my self for 3 hours and are back now :laugh1::laugh1:

Yes the 6.5 Pure2 works perfect for me in all my Vu+ devices. I dont have Cable so cant say much about that

But for Sat and IPTV no issues and all the plugins built in by default in the image works as they should.

I have never been much of a fan to fill up my devices with 100 of plugins i dont use.

I allways do test the plugins from the image feed but all users should help out here.

There are lots of old plugins in the feeds of all images that should be tested and filtered out.

This does not consern Pure2 only, this is about all images.

So keep it going and users, do give feedback even when thing works as they should ;)

• Official Post

leave the old plugins !! i still use stuff from 10 years ago ++, not everything new and shiny is the best !!

But i agree Pure2 6.5 on VU duo4k is great, and drivers that are bad will be still be bad for all images....

• Well said! Iptv performance is dependent on your provider. If iptv is running without problems on my duo2, I see no reason why the bloke using zero 4k is having problems considering the zero 4k has a faster cpu. Maybe he should try setting player to exteplayer3 in serviceapp, and setting stream type in jedimaker to live as 5002, and vod to 4097. These are the settings I am using.

• Official Post

leave the old plugins !! i still use stuff from 10 years ago ++, not everything new and shiny is the best !!

But i agree Pure2 6.5 on VU duo4k is great, and drivers that are bad will be still be bad for all images....

Plugin thats working should of cause stay even if they are old :)

But i am pretty sure that there are lots that have not been maintained for many years

Maybe setup a special thread divided into the Team Image builds where users of corresponding image could report back??

Aaaa crapp sorry gorski now i am off topic again ;)

Please everybody stop answer me and get back to the topic.

I really dont want to ban my self again :laugh1:

• There's always leeway for anything rational and constructive, m8! ;)

Besides, I am trying to give my coders feedback if something doesn't work but... small team, not enough hands to do it all...

• Yes, you are on good path... i think it too... I tested last update of 6.5 yesterday night... Very, very good with my ZGemma H9.2H... Very versatile, fast, well responsive, well structured ... not a single freeze ... Congratulations ...

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

• I don't have access to forum PurE2 to post some things, but here problem using my Zgemma h9s

Screenshot don't show video, only OSD

af243b01a573965d4.jpg

cd5f0edc.jpg

Backupsuite 12 from opkg source don't work too. I'm using external version and working fine. Automatic full backup don't install too.

PurE2 backup don't restore, only backup images.

And waiting solve blindscan C band.

Dream Two, h9sSE/h9s/h9 twin, sf8008/sx88/sx88+, Osmini4k, Gt-Media v8UHD/GTC/v9prime/v8xs/m7x/finder2, Amiko SHD 8900, Vu Zero/Zero 4K, Mecool K1/K2/K3, Azamerica s2015, Nazabox Xgame, Koqit K1 mini, TBS 5520se/5925/6922se/6903x, Openbox X5/S9, AZBOX TITAN twin/Premium+/Elite, Rasp Pi/pi3/pi4, t95 max+, Freesky Triplo X, Orange Pi PC, Coolsat 5000, Dm528s, DM800se, Satlink 6933/6960/6932, Mygica S270, Pixelview PlayTV . Motorized 5m - C band(20ºE - 116.8ºW), Motorized 1,80m - KU band

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!