New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 136,630 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• Swell, this will do it - no idea what you did, no info, no logs, nothing... Very helpful....

Drivers are NOT our fault - blindscan for all areas/bands is not what we do, must talk to manufacturers!

Don't use rubbish emails for our forum and it should be OK, as I explained in this section, in the Stickies but OK...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Official Post

Well for the screenshot just make sure you have both OSD and Video selected in OpenWebIf

• Just to confirm pure2 works excellent on vu zero 4k just avi support but that's up to vu+ not pure2 team... And one observation l use xtream plugin for iptv every single image that i try and l try at least 8 to 10 starts to slow down box, circle on uper left corner start and sometimes enigma 2 crash when l install this plugin and start using it. Only on pure2 works fabulous ...

• Just to confirm pure2 works excellent on vu zero 4k just avi support but that's up to vu+ not pure2 team... And one observation l use xtream plugin for iptv every single image that i try and l try at least 8 to 10 starts to slow down box, circle on uper left corner start and sometimes enigma 2 crash when l install this plugin and start using it. Only on pure2 works fabulous ...

That's weird actually. As for me it's very slow in just IPTV channel zapping.

I want to know if there are any settings I have to do.

• Yes, change the provider and see/compare...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Uh uh guys,,,

The real question is what we can "fix", "make better"... on VU+ boxes!?

Nothing!

Keep in mind that we do not have such a boxes, so we can't "fix" all stuff, maybe some of them, but we are not almighty. This is an old story.

If you need that your personal stuff works fast, cool... then maybe is better choice to use BH, PLi or some others.

• Official Post

I am 99% sure this is not a skin issue but i also see in some of the log files there is some skin errors

so bestman22 have you try any other skin and the Estuary skin?

and gorski maybe its time to buy a Zero 4K :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

• :mosking::tongue1:

• I really wanted to help them get the Ruby Cube with XBMC4STB going properly - alas, they treated us badly, as if we were the enemy and they asked us to help them... Weird, honestly, with "friends" like these who needs enemies...

• Yes, change the provider and see/compare...

Even if the same provider works like charm on other images like Blackhole and OpenPli?!

You have heard other people - it works really well under PurE2, in general...

Specifically, in your case, who knows what you do with all manner of settings, other plugins etc.? It could be many reasons why...

But overall, do it from scratch, ab ovo, then maybe... Sometimes installations go sideways and then only a new installation corrects the errors that accumulated during the previous installation...

• I do not have those services...

• Official Post

bestman22 for good IPTV serviceApp is not nessesery. DreamOS do not use serviceApp only built in Enigma2 player

Same with Blackhole even if with Blackhole you can install serviceApp (ExtePlayer3)

And i know for a fact that KiddaC who is the author of Jedi do not use serviceApp

But for dodgy IPTV (Crappy codecs) and re streams ExtePlayer3 can be a better choice.

But IPTV good or bad has nothing todo with Images and surtenly not this Image :)

Another issue with serviceApp, its closed source so therefor its hard to even figure out what could be the problem

Its sad that more and more of enigma2 coding goes dark now days, But i guess that hard working coders are tierd of

answering questions from users that have a bad copy of the original code ;)

• Thanks, @seagen

I must give it a try and install Pure2 hoping everything works as expected.

To be honest, I am very happy with OpenPLi. But I always tell myself it isn't good to stick with just one image all the time as there are great images like Pure2 and one must try them.

• Official Post

If you Install one of the OE-Alliance images in the flash, lets say OpenBlackhole because that image have a USB Format Tool easy to use.

Then linux filesystem format an Usb Memory Stick and mount as what ever you want.

Install Open MultiBoot from plugins menu.

And now you can install every image you can find for your Vu+ Stb :)

Lots of easy testing can be done on the fly, just reboot into any image

And when you have one you like (Pure2) you can safely feck it up without have to re flash all the time ;)

• PurE2 > MENU > pManager > Device Manager > HDD Initialization > choose which one and it will be formatted in EXT4.

Simple and effective... ;)

In OpenPLi use this Device Manager for the same functions: For older, weaker boxes: tools, plugins, information...

I tested it for Dimitrij and it works great!

• Delfi says:

Ah, here we go again :)

Due to python upgrade to version 2.7.18 (latest and the LAST in 2.7 series before we switch to python 3) and many other system level updates, simple SW update will not work nicely for images built after 4 May 2020.

So, reflash recommended.

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!