New PurE2 v. 6.5 to test - your feedback, please...

There are 1,315 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 136,623 times. The last Post () by krasnoludek123.

• It may be ... But even if I'm not a skinner, I think that KiddaC can solve such a simple bug in 5 minutes ... 😂😂😂

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

• Official Post

This is not a bug in the skin saragusa

And as a hobby skinner i know all about the impossible to meet all users request without

changing the design of a skin ;)

• This is not a bug in the skin saragusa

And as a hobby skinner i know all about the impossible to meet all users request without

changing the design of a skin ;)

🤙👍👍👌

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

• Changing something for 1 user and in the process breaking xyz other things for many users is no sex....

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Ok... Fixed the oversizing problem of some cells in Estuary skin. Attached is the file processed in collaboration between me and seagen, which can be copied to the usr/share/enigma2/Estuary folder by replacing the existing skin.xml file (which must be saved in case of crash ...). Don't forget to make an image backup before proceeding ... With my Zgemma H9.2H it works fine ... Good luck..:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

N.B.: ONLY FOR TEST. After reboot, re-save estuary configuration from pManager and restart GUI....

• Better test these thing properly before publishing, as there are complex things in there, so any kind of change can mess things up badly...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Better test these thing properly before publishing, as there are complex things in there, so any kind of change can mess things up badly...

That's why I'm publishing it. Pure2 6.5 is still in beta version and all changes must be tested by the community. Otherwise what is this thread for?:derpthink::derpthink:

• How have I been dragged into this conversation? :)

All I will say is most skinners do not care if a user sets the font to a plus percentage.

We design our skins based on default font size as defined in the skin files.

This allows us to correctly work out the layout of all the elements. You do not oversize and overlap elements just in case someone decides they want to increase the font size.

I even suggest in all my skin 'recommended settings' that people reset all font sizes back to 0 to ensure the layout is how the skinner designed it.

To be honest I think that option to increase font size is just legacy and serves no purpose in modern skins and modern 40+ size TVs . I wish image builders would actually remove that font size option. it is the devil.

It was only ever an issue on very small screens or some european skins that try and have a million things going on in each screen.

Estuary is not an overcrowded skin. Its fonts are sized to be perfectly readible.. Why do you even need to increase font sizes.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Basically I share your point of view KiddaC . But I also believe that everything can always be improved .. For this reason I believe that if there is the possibility of improving, really and concretely, the usability of a skin that deserves (as well as Pure2) without creating damage, I don't see why you shouldn't try to do it ... seagen, for example, shared my request and the result was excellent ..

• KiddaC It's because the back of his sofa looks like shit, so it must be against the wall, which is too far, plus he is refusing to see an optometrist now, given it's Italy... Mind, I wouldn't do it, either in the UK right now...:laugh1:

• As been mentioned previously. You design for the masses. Not an individual.

If people want to personalise skins. That is what the skin_user.xml file is for

etc/enigma2/skin_user_[skinname].xml

You just put your amended screens in that file

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Ok. Modified post...Thank's so much, master...:thumbup::thumbup:

• Official Post

Since i am the one who did the changes for saragusa i feel the need to explain my self here so there is no need for any missunderstandings.

I agree with KiddaC that some things in the OE-Alliance builds are just unnecessary settings but still they are there so therfore

some users will take advantage of this.

And in this case it was some labels that did not have the nessesry space for larger fonts.

So by pm i helped saragusa to adjust the size of those labels to better fit if someone chose larger fontsize.

And i have also stated several times.. this is not a bug in the skin.

I just said if there is just a matter of a label size there should be kind of easy to fix

Quote from gorski.

Now, if anyone thinks it's really easy to mess with all that stuff without messing up all kinds of other stuff... OK...

Try it, please... We'll welcome the help... I am sure!

So i hade a look to see if that was the case, and it was

I have not made any other changes then size of the labels so skin.xml is 100% the same as the original.

Only fixed thoose labels to match better if someone chose to scale up the fontsize.

I also see that the posted version is named testskin.xml and thats good

And testing among users here at Linuxsat have allways been a known way to test things :)

• Thanx, guys! :)

• Just to confirm pure2 works excellent on vu zero 4k just avi support but that's up to vu+ not pure2 team... And one observation l use xtream plugin for iptv every single image that i try and l try at least 8 to 10 starts to slow down box, circle on uper left corner start and sometimes enigma 2 crash when l install this plugin and start using it. Only on pure2 works fabulous ...

That's weird actually. As for me it's very slow in just IPTV channel zapping.

I want to know if there are any settings I have to do.

Try with dns change 8.8.8.8 or change provider

• Just to confirm pure2 works excellent on vu zero 4k just avi support but that's up to vu+ not pure2 team... And one observation l use xtream plugin for iptv every single image that i try and l try at least 8 to 10 starts to slow down box, circle on uper left corner start and sometimes enigma 2 crash when l install this plugin and start using it. Only on pure2 works fabulous ...

That's weird actually. As for me it's very slow in just IPTV channel zapping.

I want to know if there are any settings I have to do.

Try with dns change 8.8.8.8 or change provider

Thanks. Regarding the provider I am sure nothing wrong with it, as it works well even on my iPad and iPhone.

• Some question on this image, i have 2 decoder MutantHD51/ItalySat and ZgemmaH2H/Openpli.

Really impressive regarding this image but please respet for example Openpli which are benefict of Pure2 and last plugin, skins are available ?

Thank

Hispa

- OpenATV & PurE2 - user :-) -

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!