[Truman] Top Box 2 [Spark7162] U-boot Mod to replace spark with enigma2 :)

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,328 times. The last Post () by SkullFace.

• Hi,

Can you explain the method to flash it?

Can you tell it will work on Amiko Alien 2 also or not?

I flashed amiko alien 2 original uboot on my device before and it soft bricked my stb, I spent hours on the serial console to flash my original uboot dump to fix my device.

This wont work on amiko alien 2!

• I was posting more details and commands yesterday but my internet disconnected and i lost all what i typed, i will update the OP soon with all details.

For now, if you are sure that your stb has WINBOND CHIP and NAND CHIP it should work, but i am not responsible for bricked device.

Note that Amiko Alien 2 wont work!

There is a safe method you can try if you can access uboot serial console

use setenv to changes the env variables!

Good Luck

• If you can insmod i2s.ko under enigma2

Code
    root@amikoalien:~# insmod /lib/modules/2.6.32.71_stm24_0217/extra/i2c_spi/i2s.ko

and use printenv setenv saveenv commands it should be easier than the serial console.

backup the output of printenv first.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!