Any Enigma2 plugin to speed-up IPTV watching ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,276 times. The last Post () by rako123.

• I am an newbie in IPTV business... I just bought a DM900UHD flashed with OpenPLI7.2Star, subscribed to a vpn provider (SurfShark) and installed an IPTV subscription. Everything is working well except that i have about only 60% of the reception working fine (like I watched a full movie yesterday with no interruption) . for the other 40% i have image freezes, slow motion and even no reception at all

Before i start blaming the speed of my ISP or the performance of the processor in my box, i am just wondering if there is any kind of IPTV player or reader or plugin or whatever accelerator that can speed-up the playing of the IPTV channels. i spent hours and hours reading the forums but fell lost in langage that changes depending on boxes, OS, images, plugins, ... (things like PVR client, Kodi, ...)

Anyhelp on where i should go from here is welcome - My objective is simple : "get a more stable reading/playing of my IPTV channels" - May be the box itself is not the most appropriate for IPTV ?

• I found the answer to my question : …

I replaced the Dm900 UHD by a Zgemma 7HS... price is almost half and yet it performs extremely well… 100% smooth and stable IPTV reception… to be confirmed

(were able to return the Dm900 to the seller after 2 weeks use)

• I continued testing my installation… Fromm all what i started learning , it Looks like IPTV reception quality depends on so many factors : IPTV Provider - Location - Internet speed and type (Landline / Optical fiber) - LAN speed - Box type - Image … and with all these fixed i also see that the performance keeps depending on the selected channel…

I still maintain that in "my" above configuration (Rapid TV , 10 Mb landline - Openvpn - Lan Cable - ZgemmaH7s - Pure2) i am getting a much better performance than with Dm900

• habib2535 ,

the DM9x0 boxes are very powerful boxes, but you need to use them with Images build exactly for that boxes based on current DreamOS OE2.5.
    Images like the original from Dream, NewNigma2, Merlin or DreamElite.

Your setup with an Openxxx Image is like driving a fast car with fully applied handbrake..

Regards, rako123

Box 1: Dreambox DM920 UHD, DreamOS + GP4

Box 2: Dreambox Two, DreamOS + GP4

Box 3: Dreambox One UHD, DreamOS + GP4

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!