Debian , ubuntu or cleros

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 402 times. The last Post () by behnam.

• for the moemnt i have tried clearos 5.2 and debian ,
    for the moment im using debian and im not very sutisfied becasue i wanted to bild olso an vpn server but the vpn server crashes to much , i have tried before clear os 5.2 and the vpn service was very very well and no crashes of the system
    but i wanted to test cccam 2.1.3 and with clearos 5.2 wasnt possible because of the kernel , now it is realed the new version and i m going to test that
    i havent still tried ubuntu but im going to test it

so my question was about the opinon that the people has with type of servers , wich is more suitable and so on

thank you

• Having tried Debian and Ubuntu, if you are looking at a dedicated server i.e. a PC with nothing else to do apart from be a server, then I would suggest Debian without a GUI. It has no bloat and I had this running stable with the only interruption being power cuts. It takes minutes to get set up, and you can just hide it away and use FTP and Telnet to access it and change anything. It is good to try everything though because no matter what you decide to stick with, you can't beat experience!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• for the moemnt i have tried clearos 5.2 and debian ,
    for the moment im using debian and im not very sutisfied becasue i wanted to bild olso an vpn server but the vpn server crashes to much , i have tried before clear os 5.2 and the vpn service was very very well and no crashes of the system
    but i wanted to test cccam 2.1.3 and with clearos 5.2 wasnt possible because of the kernel , now it is realed the new version and i m going to test that
    i havent still tried ubuntu but im going to test it

so my question was about the opinon that the people has with type of servers , wich is more suitable and so on

thank you

Just for test , i test clear os 6.2 works very well with cccam 2.13

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!