Linux OS

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 460 times. The last Post () by dan20701.

• Hell all, hope everyone is ok in these worrying times.

I know this is no an OS forum but wanted to make a .deb file.

I need a little advice I am setting up a dual boot windows 10 and a Linux system

I have been thinking of installing Linux Ubuntu as a second boot OS.

Is this a good one to use or could you recommend another Linux OS, what's the best one ?

Thanks.

• If you never used linux really before i would go for linux mint, ubuntu is also a good choice but needs a bit more setup to get it the way you want. Check out distrowatch it has tons of distros, personally i would stick to a debian based system rather than something exotic like arch.

There is no best linux distro they all have good and bad points, some look better than others but you can chop and change things to get them the way you like it.

Whatever one you go for you are in for a steep learning curve but stick at it theres any amount of support out there.

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• Ubuntu is great for beginners, easy to install...

Mint is probably better but one step at a time, I guess...

It's good fun for hobbyists like us, plus gives you more security...

Moreover, the best apps you know from Windows will be available for both systems:

Firefox, Tor browser, Skype, FileZilla Client, Notepad++, PuTTy, Kodi, VLC media player, 7-zip, Deluge and so on...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Thanks for all your reply's and advice, I have finally after a lot of messing around

got it all working, I now have a triple boot windows 10 and Ubuntu and Linux mint.

I do find that Linux mint looks and feels better than Ubuntu.

Now for the hard part making deb files, I still need to do a bit of reading for this.

Thanks again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!