Cannot Open Port for CS Setup

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 997 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• Trying to set up cs with my card. Internet connection from provider was dynamic, requested static ip from provider today, luckly got one. The router connected directly to the Thompson modem is Zyxel Prestige 334. Followed instructions from portforward website, went into SUA/NAT on the Zyxel and put in a port number and server IP address, then logged onto canyouseeme website but port still does not read as open. Spend all day yesterday trying to get round the dynamic ip, now that it is static I thought it would be easy to set up. The server IP I placed in the SUA/NAT was the static ip I set on the VU+ Duo 192.168.2.38.....is that correct to use the cs box ip?

My internet is bridged using two Nanostations M5's (cannot get internet in my home (down in a hole..really). I have a good connection between both buildings (10mb - 25ping). Set up below, I supply this info as it might be problem? - Not sure new to cs):

Building 1
    Main Internet Connection
    Internet Provider Router Zyxel (ip static from ISP - just today)
    Nanostation m5 (set as access point)

Building 2 (.5 mile distance)
    Vu+ Duo (location of box for cs set-up)
    Second Router Belkin (set to DHCP - router ip 192.168.2.1 - will not allow a change to 192.168.1.**)
    Nanostation m5 (set as bridge)

Maybe the above info is of no relevance but I am really lost and advice appreciated. I can supply screen shots from various devices if it helps?

• you have bridged a 2nd router from the 1st one so your duo is a client to the 2nd router,
    it's not directly connected to the main router so if you open for example port 12000 on 1st router you cant forward to to the duo because it's not going to see it as a client

I can't see this working unles you find a way to tunnel through the 2nd router, or possibly setup some sort of vpn

• rebooted thr router alright, tried port checker again on: 89.234.***.** but no difference. I am in building 1 now withe laptop connected direct (ethernet/cat5) to the 1st router and still no open ports. Message 'Reason: Connection timed out'. Spoke with ISP and they said that they do not block any ports, even on the dynamic IP service. The second router Belkin has option of Virtual Servers so I imagine that is possible? But I cannot get open ports when connected direct to router 1 so that is not the initial problem.....any more help/suggestions...otherwise there will be a VU+ Duo going very cheap...really don't want to give up on it yet....so open to more suggestion to get ports open at building 1 first. If it fails I leave VU Duo is building 1 attic and c/fline the other boxes...awful waste of a VU Duo in an attic...agree? Really don't want to get stuck using a payserver for cs, as i'd like to join the cs community the right way : (

• I have firewall off on all routers. From building 2 (where VU Duo is located), I have ports 21, 23, and 80 showing as open....not much good for CS I presume....

• From building 2 (where VU Duo is located), I have ports 21, 23, and 80 showing as open....not much good for CS I presume....

Probably not, I would assume those ports are forwarded to the VU on building 2 so they would only be open on router 2

you could try forwarding port 12000 on router 1 to the ip addy of router 2
    then on router 2 forward port 12000 to the VU

Something freaky like that might actually work lol

• M8 the problem you have is that you are on two different subnets ...192.168.1.xx and 192.168.2.xx. I dug this out of google. have a read and it may sort your problem out...

Two different IP settings for 2 routers
    Philip mcmullin wrote "I found it easier to change my first modem to 192.168.2.1 and the second in line stayed default 192.168.1.1" I had been using that arrangement for about a year, but, just as Scott pointed out, I had problems connecting directly between two computers on the two different subnets. Either use his method, which I recommend, or change your subnet for all the computers to include both groups of addresses. For example, you could change all the subnet masks from the usual 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.252.0, so as to include 192.168.1.x as well as 192.168.2.x. If that sounds crazy, you can think of each part of the IP address in binary. 255.255.255.0 = 11111111111111111111111100000000, while 255.255.252.0 = 11111111111111111111110000000000. Computers set to a given submask will see the whole range of addresses "masked out" by the zero bits as local

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!